2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Harvester

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Shader wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:13
Harvester wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:11
Shader wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:05

He was not faster, he was close behind because he had DRS, yes exactly that, and the same happened when they switched positions. "And what now?". And answer on what now was to gut the younger guy with a strategy call so he would lose even the p4. Great job.
Leclerc was close behind for few laps because Vettel had few lock ups desparately trying to close the gap to Bottas but as I said it was too late.
I would say he was desperately trying to pull away from Charles, which he couldn't until they ordered the other one to fall back.
Oh come on so in your opinion they ordered Leclerc to fall back so they can lose more points.
I will just say there is no way Mercedes would let Hamilton be stuck behind Bottas for so many laps as they let Vettel behind Leclerc.

Shader

Harvester wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:25
Shader wrote:
Harvester wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:11

Leclerc was close behind for few laps because Vettel had few lock ups desparately trying to close the gap to Bottas but as I said it was too late.
I would say he was desperately trying to pull away from Charles, which he couldn't until they ordered the other one to fall back.
Oh come on so in your opinion they ordered Leclerc to fall back so they can lose more points.
I will just say there is no way Mercedes would let Hamilton be stuck behind Bottas for so many laps as they let Vettel behind Leclerc.
Yes, yes Vettel was faster (yet somehow he was slower even with DRS)

"Let him go, let him go"
It's amazing how Vettel found a shred of decency to even stand up on that podium today.

Jolle

From the comfy seat in front of the TV it looked like they were actively frustrating Leclerc's race to avoid any further pressure on Vettel. This is not how you win a championship.

Harvester

Shader wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:27
Harvester wrote:
Shader wrote:

"Let him go, let him go"
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D4GR-h4XkAAuxpV.jpg
It's amazing how Vettel found a shred of decency to even stand up on that podium today.
Thats why we say he was slowing him down. When you are close behind another car you can not drive faster lap than him because he is SLOWING you down.
To get in drs range you have to be significantly faster than the car in front. To stay in drs range for a few laps, it means driving in dirty air you have to be much faster than the car in front to stay close not to mention that it is very damaging to tires.

Shader

Harvester wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:49
Shader wrote:
Harvester wrote:

"Let him go, let him go"
Thats why we say he was slowing him down. When you are close behind another car you can not drive faster lap than him because he is SLOWING you down.
To get in drs range you have to be significantly faster than the car in front. To stay in drs range for a few laps, it means driving in dirty air you have to be much faster than the car in front to stay close not to mention that it is very damaging to tires.
We are not dumb here, we all know that. Question is why was he not faster when he got in front?

Harvester

Shader wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:52
Harvester wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 10:49
Shader wrote:

"Let him go, let him go"
We are not dumb here, we all know that. Question is why was he not faster when he got in front?
I explained it. He got few lock ups and his tires were probably not in best shape after that and after being so many laps close behind leclerc. However, he was faster a little bit later.

ivanlesk

Or he was locking up because he was pushing to much to show that he is faster then CL? hmmmm....

Capharol

or maybe he was locking up because his tyres where gone? hmmmmm...

Bisonas

Vettel is desperate already and Binotto will soon have to change tactics.

He over drove his tires trying to stay within 1 sec of Lecrec just to make his point and force the team orders.
He only cares about winning the Power Game within Ferrari now.

When he got his purpose succeed , tires where already gone, and started locking on braking. Lecrec was able to keep up in order to prove his point but that didn't help his tires either. The team was compromised also. Redbull saw Ferraris where strangling with tires locking everywhere and they realized that one stop would be very difficult for ferrari . Then they decided to commit before Ferrari to a 2 stop and pitted early for the undercut. Ferraris where forced to follow, meaning one of them would get behind Verstappen eventually.

If Ferrari where managing tires and position in the first stint, they wouldn't have had to follow red bull on their 2 stop. Or even if they did follow red bull with one car to cover the undercut the second Ferrari would't be compromised and would had a fair opportunity to make a one stop strategy work.

Jambier

What a poor team

Still protecting their weak pilot, 3 races, 3 race order.

Hopefully they will be better and let Leclerc fight with the Merc

Capharol

Jambier wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 14:43
What a poor team

by that time it will be to late, if Ferrari can fight Mercs at all

ivanlesk

Capharol wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 14:35
or maybe he was locking up because his tyres where gone? hmmmmm...
Then they definitely shouldn't have switched them...

Jambier

Capharol wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 14:48
Jambier wrote:
14 Apr 2019, 14:43
What a poor team

by that time it will be to late, if Ferrari can fight Mercs at all
Yes indeed, they make a great car but they are a losing machine.

In the other hand, Red Bull is trying thing, Chase and get the best lap, VES is always here and fast, they are progressing and true racers

max_speed

Very disappointed with ferrari so far. Mercedes gonna run away with another championship. Binotto is wrong , vettel is not a guy who should be helped with team orders. He is not driving like 4time wdc champion. Ferrai has been good enough to win chamiponship for past 2 seasons. They lost always because of same man Vettel.
Many people might not agree but ferrari needs Alonso to win abother title or back lecrec fully.. lets put it this way vettel can not bring any glory to ferrari.

GoranF1

It looks to me like Ferrari has a car whit which Fernando Alonso could fight the Mercedes, but Vettel can not always, and Leclerc can sometimes.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."