2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
PlatinumZealot

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

maxxer wrote:
12 May 2019, 23:36
@williams get Pascal Wehrlein there is no use to continue with a damaged ex f1 driver who is over age and out of it get rid of Robert Kubica please this nonsense has gone on to long
He is too old to injured to drive in f1 admit it lets move on
It's a bit sad. Yes he's back.. But i really believe his arm is giving him too much to think about during the races. It is getting embarrasing now. 1.2 seconds off the pace. I have realized and accepted why they chose Lance stroll over him now. Lance was 1 second off the pace, not 1.2.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

roon

Just_a_fan wrote:
12 May 2019, 23:21
foxmulder_ms wrote:
12 May 2019, 18:43
Hamilton with a terrible lab
Nah, he has Bulldogs, not labs... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Regardless, I don't think you're allowed to have a dog in the car. Will have to retrieve a copy the regulations to be sure. My memory is a bit ruff on this. Can't have boxers in the engine bay, I know that much.

Speaking of dogs, what breed is the FW42?

yelistener

How slow the 2014 cars were in S3

selvam_e2002

I think it is time up for Vettel. Bring new blood Max to Ferrari next year. It will be very interesting to see racing Lec and Max in Ferrari!!! I think the Fans also wanted this.

Vasconia

selvam_e2002 wrote:
13 May 2019, 06:36
I think it is time up for Vettel. Bring new blood Max to Ferrari next year. It will be very interesting to see racing Lec and Max in Ferrari!!! I think the Fans also wanted this.
What we need is a competitive Ferrari and why not, also a competitive RB.

Vasconia

F1Krof wrote:
12 May 2019, 22:47
2014 - 2016 -> Mercedes dominating, hmm lets change the rules, they'll surely topple.
2017 - 2018 -> Mercedes still dominating, although less so. Hmm not quite, let's change a little bit more, they'll surely topple this time.
2019 ... 5 one-twos -> Hmm, faak!!!
It´s fustrating but its admirable the magnificent work Mercedes has done the last 5 years.

zeph

Bravo, Mercedes.

Here’s hoping Bottas will make Hamilton work for it right down the wire.

Ferrari need to forget about Mercedes and focus on not getting beaten by RBR.

Restomaniac

zeph wrote:
13 May 2019, 08:34
Bravo, Mercedes.

I agree about Bottas.
My fear is that now that the Ferrari’s are no threat that Hamilton’s gaze will fall squarely on Bottas and adjust his driving accordingly.

Bear in mind that Hamilton doesn’t normally start a season well he is more of a fast finisher.

Jolle

Restomaniac wrote:
13 May 2019, 09:05
zeph wrote:
Bravo, Mercedes.

I agree about Bottas.
My fear is that now that the Ferrari’s are no threat that Hamilton’s gaze will fall squarely on Bottas and adjust his driving accordingly.

Bear in mind that Hamilton doesn’t normally start a season well he is more of a fast finisher.
I think yesterday was the first part of Hamilton’s plan to upset Bottas. A show of power. Even when you have a perfect Saturday, you have to do it all over again on Sunday. It was a display of power.
It looks like the past few weeks Hamilton tries to communicate that it isn’t so that some GP’s his teammate is faster, but that he decides whether or not he wants to take that extra risk.

Restomaniac

Jolle wrote:
13 May 2019, 09:11
Restomaniac wrote:
zeph wrote:
Bravo, Mercedes.

I agree about Bottas.

I think yesterday was the first part of Hamilton’s plan to upset Bottas. A show of power. Even when you have a perfect Saturday, you have to do it all over again on Sunday. It was a display of power.
It looks like the past few weeks Hamilton tries to communicate that it isn’t so that some GP’s his teammate is faster, but that he decides whether or not he wants to take that extra risk.
I hope to god it’s not true but has Bottas just figuratively poked a bear with a stick? I mean that with regard to the comment from Hamilton saying he was too nice followed by this race.

Jolle

Restomaniac wrote:
13 May 2019, 09:14
Jolle wrote:
13 May 2019, 09:11
Restomaniac wrote:
I agree about Bottas.

I hope to god it’s not true but has Bottas just figuratively poked a bear with a stick?
That’s a good way to put it indeed. In the past six seasons, every time a rival came close, Vettel or Rosberg, due to performance or car breaking down, Hamilton had the ability to up his game considerably. His mid season performances are, for the lack of a better word, epic.

We are witnessing Hamilton becoming the most successful driver in history by numbers.

iotar__

https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/14335 ... t-him-race
Bottas: "Annoying" clutch behaviour cost me Barcelona win
"On the first lap I felt a vibration in the clutch and that's why the initial getaway was really poor," said Bottas.
"It was kind of biting and releasing, really quick frequency.
"It's really annoying. A lot of hard work this weekend went down with that.
"Obviously I'm not blaming any individual in the team and as we are a strong team we are going to investigate why that happened.
A. At least they didn't glue his pedal to the floor B. Can't wait for further epic Mercedes drivers battles. C. Sounds like famous Hamilton's mind games mentioned above didn't work in Q (0,6s) but enchanted his clutch :D .

Norris takes out Stroll in another move that was worse than Kvyat's (drive-through) but since he's an X from team Y stewards put their heads in their usual places and babble about predominantly as if not disappearing was enough of an invovlement. Enough of this farce.

BTW People whinging about Ferrari don't understand simple facts repeated for a decade. A. Just like McL, RB and many other teams they don't have to achieve anything to justify their involvement in F1. B. It's not a sport but cheap marketing exercise where you end up with the right nationality new Z and ancient fan favourite and lose everything year after year with no consequences. Or with Gasly, Hartley, Albon etc. Imagine Nba's GM making decisions like that and keeping the job.

BTW 2. What exactly do we know about Leclerc's pace, tyre management, craft, stregths, weaknesses etc.? Complaining about "set up" in !&%$... Barcelona, the track they know inside out is the new addition.

LM10

selvam_e2002 wrote:
13 May 2019, 06:36
I’m surprised you didn’t mention Alonso, but Max this time.
Maybe you should stop crying about Vettel and see the real problems Ferrari has.
Also stop suggesting what fans want to see in a general manner just because it’s what you want to see.

Bill_Kar

Is it me or Hamilton was serious after his win? Not much smiling, not much jumping around or whatever. He was pretty sceptical.

What do you think? I believe Saturday really got into his head, he realises that there is a genuine threat by Bottas.

Restomaniac

Bill_Kar wrote:
13 May 2019, 11:09
Is it me or Hamilton was serious after his win? Not much smiling, not much jumping around or whatever. He was pretty sceptical.

What do you think? I believe Saturday really got into his head, he realises that there is a genuine threat by Bottas.
That was kinda my point earlier. A focused Hamilton is a deadly (In context on track) Hamilton.