2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
marvin78

Re: 2019 Spanish Grand Prix - Catalunya, May 10-12

It is the constant repeating that is annoying for most of the poeple. And if you keep annoying a group as a member, you most likely get thrown from that group. Like it or not.

Santozini

Chuckjr wrote:
13 May 2019, 13:22
F1 has become a joke. These are not championships, they are coronations.

F1 may never recover with Mercedes in the game. Whatever changes they make, Merc will dominate with nearly unlimited resources. Ok great for them, but its death for the sport. I'm genuinely losing interest after 3 decades of dedicated watching. And Todo is a lie machine. I feel insulted as a fan by his constant open liying about being slower. Id have more respect for him and his accomplishments if he didn't attempt to insult fans with his nonsense about feeling under pressure or slower. smh.
Surely something needs to happen to shake things up...this is the 6th year of Merc domination and the sport is loosing interest. This year it has been ever worst, with 5 1/2's in a row :shock: :shock:

I understand Merc has been doing a great job and deserve to win but we have seen in the past the FIA ending dominance eras in a dramatic way...Ferrari in the 2000's and Redbull in 2010/2013.

What's on the FIA's mind at the moment? Are they really waiting for 2021 and hopping some team manages to finally beat Mercedes? Could we be in for a 8 year Merc dominance? :( :(

There is no precedence of such dominance so we really don't know how much this could harm the sport but it isn't looking good...

santos

For more than 20 years i've been watching F1. I'm not stuck in the good old days. I enjoyed when Williams won championships with Hill and Villneuve. The batle of McLaren and Ferrari during the early 2000's. The batle between Schumi and Alonso, and i even enjoyed watching F1 when Red Bull won the 4 titles. In this era of the V6 engines i started to lose interest in F1. Not because of the engine. I don't care about the sound.
Nothing really happens in the majority of the races. Some could just end after 5 laps. All the talk about having to take care about tyres… i'm bit tired of it.
I don't even understand who pays to watch F1. There's ELMS, Blancpain, TCR... all for free on youtube.

Don't know if there's a solution, but it's better that FIA and Liberty do something.

selvam_e2002

marvin78 wrote:
13 May 2019, 13:36
It is the constant repeating that is annoying for most of the poeple. And if you keep annoying a group as a member, you most likely get thrown from that group. Like it or not.
if it is disturbing you, just ignore my post. I don't read the post which I does't like it.

If you can please remove my id from the forum.

LM10

Chuckjr wrote:

F1 may never recover with Mercedes in the game. Whatever changes they make, Merc will dominate with nearly unlimited resources. Ok great for them, but its death for the sport. I'm genuinely losing interest after 3 decades of dedicated watching. And Todo is a lie machine. I feel insulted as a fan by his constant open liying about being slower. Id have more respect for him and his accomplishments if he didn't attempt to insult fans with his nonsense about feeling under pressure or slower. smh.
Toto needs to play mind games otherwise the opponents would see the strength of Mercedes and outpace them out of nothing. :)
But like this, Toto makes them believe that Mercedes are the underdogs! He’s a genius. =D>

saviour stivala

So if no team manages to beat Mercedes the FIA is expected to step-in and effect a game change to help in that regard.

simieski

Just a thought...
I think Hamilton would have won this race irrespective of who was in the lead at T1. Assuming Hamilton would have stayed with Bottas like he did in Baku, they would have pitted Bottas first and Hamilton would have got the advantage of pitting under the safety car, coming out ahead of Bottas.
Thank you to God for making me an Atheist - Ricky Gervais.

Jolle

Mercedes has been dominant since 2014, for most years Ferrari have been silly, Renault’s have blown up and Vettel made little mistakes. The only real thing that has changed is that Verstappen isn’t crashing into stuff anymore, what was normally around ¾ of the threads here :P.

So, yeah, I blame Verstappen for making F1 what it’s been for the past few decades :P

Jolle

simieski wrote:
13 May 2019, 14:02
Just a thought...
I think Hamilton would have won this race irrespective of who was in the lead at T1. Assuming Hamilton would have stayed with Bottas like he did in Baku, they would have pitted Bottas first and Hamilton would have got the advantage of pitting under the safety car, coming out ahead of Bottas.
Or, following Bottas he would have destroyed his right rear even faster making the pit stop a few laps before the SC.

Or... if Hamilton wasn’t alongside Bottas at T1, Vettel would have cut his tire or got a bump from Verstappen. Or...

GPR-A

LM10 wrote:
13 May 2019, 13:46
Chuckjr wrote:

Toto needs to play mind games otherwise the opponents would see the strength of Mercedes and outpace them out of nothing. :)
But like this, Toto makes them believe that Mercedes are the underdogs! He’s a genius. =D>
Instead of blaming Toto for his professional conduct and not behaving like over obsessed fans here (fist pumping & chest thumping) , if the other teams are questioned for the rubbish cars and stupid strategies despite having similar resources and budgets, F1 might benefit more.

Slo Poke

Ringleheim wrote:
13 May 2019, 13:02
PS: If there is a true value in abandoning this season right now in favor of next year's car, Ferrari should do that.

This season is over and tiny incremental improvements to the car will do nothing to close down the gap to Mercedes.

In fact, the gap is likely to actually increase even if Ferrari maintains development of this year's car, b/c Mercedes will be developing their car too, and they do that better than Ferrari.

Shut her down and go all in on a new direction for next year's car.

This has already been a terribly boring season and it's going to get a lot worse.
Rather than do everything you say. Why don’t they do as Merecedes are doing and force air bubbles up through the fuel tank?

NathanOlder

Santozini wrote:
13 May 2019, 13:38
Chuckjr wrote:

Surely something needs to happen to shake things up...this is the 6th year of Merc domination and the sport is loosing interest. This year it has been ever worst, with 5 1/2's in a row :shock: :shock:

I understand Merc has been doing a great job and deserve to win but we have seen in the past the FIA ending dominance eras in a dramatic way...Ferrari in the 2000's and Redbull in 2010/2013.

What's on the FIA's mind at the moment? Are they really waiting for 2021 and hopping some team manages to finally beat Mercedes? Could we be in for a 8 year Merc dominance? :( :(

There is no precedence of such dominance so we really don't know how much this could harm the sport but it isn't looking good...
2017 & 2019 were both huge rule changes , the rules have been changed massively and every single time this has happened in the past, the Champions have been toppled, until now...... Mercedes keep coming back stronger, faster and better than their opponents.

Looks like the only thing the FIA can do now is ban Silver Cars, German owned teams, drivers with initials L.H and then maybe someone else can win :lol: :lol: :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

ubuysa

I well remember similar 'its boring' cries in the days of Schumi/Ferrari dominance. The fact is that if you put the best driver in the best car he's going to win a lot. It's not like this is the first time this has ever happened.

santos

ubuysa wrote:
13 May 2019, 14:43
I well remember similar 'its boring' cries in the days of Schumi/Ferrari dominance. The fact is that if you put the best driver in the best car he's going to win a lot. It's not like this is the first time this has ever happened.
Not in the same way as now. Just like it isn't when Red Bull were winning championships.

LM10

GPR -A wrote:
13 May 2019, 14:12
LM10 wrote:
13 May 2019, 13:46
Chuckjr wrote:

Instead of blaming Toto for his professional conduct and not behaving like over obsessed fans here (fist pumping & chest thumping) , if the other teams are questioned for the rubbish cars and stupid strategies despite having similar resources and budgets, F1 might benefit more.
No one wants Toto to behave over obsessed. It’s enough to comment realistically instead of playing underdogs day in day out. Absolutely ridiculous.