Scuderia Ferrari SF90

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
LM10
LM10
111
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:07 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

Dream Theater wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 7:59 pm
ferkan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:48 pm
Funny how Alfa and STR look so strong considering their FW design :?
That's because you're assuming that all problems that Ferrari is facing are coming solely from the front wing design, without having any proof that supports this hypothesis.
Of course it isn't just the front wing. If it was, Alfa with the most extreme version of it would have major problems which they don't seem to have.
Another sign showing that this front wing concept can't be that catastrophic is that McLaren has brought an updated Ferrari-style front wing to Barcelona 2 weeks ago.

Dipesh1995
Dipesh1995
118
Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:11 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post


User avatar
MtthsMlw
864
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

Good article finally some insights.
No change in FW concept.
Can't put enough heat in the tyres.
Car too efficient. (not enough DF)

"We need to develop the car. We need to improve, so there may be changes on the front suspension yes, as we may change aero, as you may change cooling. But I don't think that in the suspension itself there is something of principle that is wrong."

I hope they go for a different concept next year after moving to a efficient one in 2018 to one mostly favoring DF not caring too much about drag. Lack of maximum DF also hindered them last year.

User avatar
hollus
Moderator
Joined: Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:21 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

Stop the nonsense now, please. The posts have been removed.
They were wild but even more important, way off topic. This is the car threads, only posts about the cars, please.
Crazy conspiracy theories, if they must be discussed at all, in the team threads or in dedicated threads.
¡Puxa Esportin!

mmred
mmred
-2
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

Vettel / Leclerc
Our tyre temp window is too narrow
Binotto
The problem is not the suspension but the tyres

Full interviews in Italian

https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/f ... 902a.shtml

falonso81
falonso81
6
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 2:29 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

The shape of the shark-fin has changed since Spain.

User avatar
SiLo
93
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:09 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

mmred wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 am
Vettel / Leclerc
Our tyre temp window is too narrow
Binotto
The problem is not the suspension but the tyres

Full interviews in Italian

https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/f ... 902a.shtml
The problem is not the tyres, the tyres not being the right temperature is the result of the problem.

It's easy to blame it on Pirelli, but Mercedes seem to be getting it right, why can't Ferrari?
Felipe Baby!

santos
santos
40
Joined: Thu Nov 06, 2014 3:48 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

SiLo wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 am
mmred wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 am
Vettel / Leclerc
Our tyre temp window is too narrow
Binotto
The problem is not the suspension but the tyres

Full interviews in Italian

https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/f ... 902a.shtml
The problem is not the tyres, the tyres not being the right temperature is the result of the problem.

It's easy to blame it on Pirelli, but Mercedes seem to be getting it right, why can't Ferrari?
Is there other team that seem be getting it right? I don't remember to hear so much talk about tyres, than since Pirelli came to F1.

Ringleheim
Ringleheim
16
Joined: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:02 am

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

santos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:00 am
SiLo wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 am
mmred wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 8:04 am
Vettel / Leclerc
Our tyre temp window is too narrow
Binotto
The problem is not the suspension but the tyres

Full interviews in Italian

https://www.sportmediaset.mediaset.it/f ... 902a.shtml
The problem is not the tyres, the tyres not being the right temperature is the result of the problem.

It's easy to blame it on Pirelli, but Mercedes seem to be getting it right, why can't Ferrari?
Is there other team that seem be getting it right? I don't remember to hear so much talk about tyres, than since Pirelli came to F1.
Thank you! The current way F1 is regulated and run has deteriorated the sport down to an aerodynamic add-on arms race with all effort going toward "making the tires work".

It's boring! And since when has tire performance been about a "window" blah blah blah?

Pirelli has done a horrible job with their F1 tires, just as they do with their road car tires (!) and the tires are way too temperamental.

I'm not sure why people enjoy artificial racing revolving around "tire strategy" which is now at the heart of F1. It's boring.

Remember when there was only 1 type of tire given to everyone in the race? And they had unlimited engine development? And they could bring 9 to a race weekend if they wanted to?

As a huge Ferrari fan, if Mr. Binotto can't figure out how to make the "tire window" a lot bigger and soon, he needs to be shown the door along with his ridiculous "mad scientist" hair cut!

:lol: :lol:

wickedz50
wickedz50
2
Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:32 am

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

Ringleheim wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:11 am
santos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:00 am
SiLo wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 am

The problem is not the tyres, the tyres not being the right temperature is the result of the problem.

It's easy to blame it on Pirelli, but Mercedes seem to be getting it right, why can't Ferrari?
Is there other team that seem be getting it right? I don't remember to hear so much talk about tyres, than since Pirelli came to F1.
Thank you! The current way F1 is regulated and run has deteriorated the sport down to an aerodynamic add-on arms race with all effort going toward "making the tires work".

It's boring! And since when has tire performance been about a "window" blah blah blah?

Pirelli has done a horrible job with their F1 tires, just as they do with their road car tires (!) and the tires are way too temperamental.

I'm not sure why people enjoy artificial racing revolving around "tire strategy" which is now at the heart of F1. It's boring.

Remember when there was only 1 type of tire given to everyone in the race? And they had unlimited engine development? And they could bring 9 to a race weekend if they wanted to?

As a huge Ferrari fan, if Mr. Binotto can't figure out how to make the "tire window" a lot bigger and soon, he needs to be shown the door along with his ridiculous "mad scientist" hair cut!

:lol: :lol:
I feel Binotto understands exactly what the issue is, they are not willing to speak it openly, some work must be already going on at the research table or the factory. They need something to blame and that's where tyre comes in, Ferrari cannot publicly throw away 2019 season, they will put up a show that makes and keeps fans interested. Ferrari has screwed up big and there is no quick solution here. No good sim driver, no good development driver and plus putting Leclarc against Vettel. Too much unwanted pressure brought over on everyone.

mmred
mmred
-2
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

Ringleheim wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:11 am
santos wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 10:00 am
SiLo wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:48 am

The problem is not the tyres, the tyres not being the right temperature is the result of the problem.

It's easy to blame it on Pirelli, but Mercedes seem to be getting it right, why can't Ferrari?
Is there other team that seem be getting it right? I don't remember to hear so much talk about tyres, than since Pirelli came to F1.
Thank you! The current way F1 is regulated and run has deteriorated the sport down to an aerodynamic add-on arms race with all effort going toward "making the tires work".

It's boring! And since when has tire performance been about a "window" blah blah blah?

Pirelli has done a horrible job with their F1 tires, just as they do with their road car tires (!) and the tires are way too temperamental.

I'm not sure why people enjoy artificial racing revolving around "tire strategy" which is now at the heart of F1. It's boring.

Remember when there was only 1 type of tire given to everyone in the race? And they had unlimited engine development? And they could bring 9 to a race weekend if they wanted to?

As a huge Ferrari fan, if Mr. Binotto can't figure out how to make the "tire window" a lot bigger and soon, he needs to be shown the door along with his ridiculous "mad scientist" hair cut!

:lol: :lol:
i think the interview is more a message to Pirelli "that every year makes the tires according some team request more than others", just guessing

voltmod
voltmod
1
Joined: Sun May 01, 2016 8:23 am

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

I think the Mercedes team, did a fantastic job with their suspension system, invested enough, but Ferrari, although they developed a concept like that even before Mercedes did, if i am correct, they dropped it, because Kimi didn't like it... go figure...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0J12yIhcz

matteosc
matteosc
0
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:07 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

mmred wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 4:45 pm
i think the interview is more a message to Pirelli "that every year makes the tires according some team request more than others", just guessing
Also, every year Pirelli claims that they widen the tire window and every year turns out to be as narrow and as problematic as the year before. And this is true for every team (in particular for Ferrari this year).

mmred
mmred
-2
Joined: Tue Apr 25, 2017 1:19 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

voltmod wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 6:47 pm
I think the Mercedes team, did a fantastic job with their suspension system, invested enough, but Ferrari, although they developed a concept like that even before Mercedes did, if i am correct, they dropped it, because Kimi didn't like it... go figure...

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx0J12yIhcz
It wasn't Kimi, they had a rule ban... Now the Merc solution should be different... Otherwise I don't understand rules

User avatar
siskue2005
186
Joined: Fri May 11, 2007 8:50 pm

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF90

Post

ferkan wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 2:48 pm
Funny how Alfa and STR look so strong considering their FW design :?
I am not saying that the front wing is the only problem, ... but I also dont see STR or Alfa beating Ferrari or Mercedes