2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
fouad1979

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

What the hell ferrari is doing

TheGkbrk

Messing up again. FP3 pace holder is eliminated in Q1.

subcritical71

fouad1979 wrote:
25 May 2019, 15:21
What the hell ferrari is doing
Making sure they don't need to implement team orders!?! #-o

I joke, but I agree, WTH! Leclerc had pace for possible front row.

fouad1979

Its why they are far no leader in the board and in the track 2

tpeman

fouad1979 wrote:
25 May 2019, 14:51
tpeman wrote:
25 May 2019, 14:16
Shader wrote:
25 May 2019, 14:04

They could make a documentary just from compilation of his mistakes... For someone who got his "champion" tag while driving for RB, Aldas sums it all together pretty good: "Vettel or Newey domination?" True champions don't get beaten by a rookie in Monaco or just plain drive into barriers... You can forgive LeClerc, his still lack experience, and he will be a great Ferrari driver, in time.
So he makes a mistake in FP3 and he is automatically labeled a joke? Do you think Verstappen is a joke, or Hamilton? Both of them have made mistakes on this track in previous years. The race is tomorrow and it isn't even qualifying yet. You should give the guy a break, he is at least trying. Alonso had 5 years to win a championship with Ferrari and he left on his own.
Man hamilton is a much stronger driver than vettel and ge did very few mistakes comparing with vettel who this 3 past year did plenty u can made a best of of it and Alonso had at that time a much slower ferrari than redbull and he nearly win the championships twice against a car 1 s faster driving by the same vettel
You should count stress as well. Alonso was making quite a lot of mistakes in his Ferrari years as well, yet it wasn't as commented as Vettel's mistakes. Vettel is so much more under pressure than Hamilton. Hamilton's mistake would be a breath of fresh air, Vettel's mistake is another 1-2 for Mercedes. Same was with Alonso back in the Red Bull era.

Besides, Red Bull wasn't exactly 'domating', they simply were faster. Most of the times they were pretty close with McLaren, Ferrari, Renault/Lotus, and even Mercedes, the only race they truly dominated was Hungary 2010. Safe for that particular one, they were no where near to the way Mercedes dominates now.
Last edited by tpeman on 25 May 2019, 16:21, edited 1 time in total.

F1NAC

Rhueda OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wickedz50

Put too many roles in one person and this is what you get in return..This team needs a couple of years break from F1....looking back at Alonso's comment that Ferrari will not win in next 5 years ....hmm guy had seen and felt how much hopeless Ferrari team can get ...screw up at every possible bit of things.....damm Leclerc surely should be looking for another team soon if he wants to win....

fouad1979

tpeman wrote:
25 May 2019, 15:26
fouad1979 wrote:
tpeman wrote:
25 May 2019, 14:16

So he makes a mistake in FP3 and he is automatically labeled a joke? Do you think Verstappen is a joke, or Hamilton? Both of them have made mistakes on this track in previous years. The race is tomorrow and it isn't even qualifying yet. You should give the guy a break, he is at least trying. Alonso had 5 years to win a championship with Ferrari and he left on his own.
Man hamilton is a much stronger driver than vettel and ge did very few mistakes comparing with vettel who this 3 past year did plenty u can made a best of of it and Alonso had at that time a much slower ferrari than redbull and he nearly win the championships twice against a car 1 s faster driving by the same vettel
You should count stress as well. Alonso was making quite a lot of mistakes in his Ferrari years as well, yet it wasn't as commented as Vettel's mistakes. Vettel is so much more under pressure than Hamilton. Hamilton's mistake would be a breath of fresh air, Vettel's mistake is another 1-2 for Mercedes. Same was with Alonso back in the Red Bull era.
Ur talking about massa man what alonso did in his ferrari years is unbelievable in the same level of schumacher without titles

tpeman

fouad1979 wrote:
25 May 2019, 16:09
tpeman wrote:
25 May 2019, 15:26
fouad1979 wrote:

Ur talking about massa man what alonso did in his ferrari years is unbelievable in the same level of schumacher without titles
No, I'm not. I'm going to give you several examples - Australia 2010, China 2010, Monaco 2010, Japan 2012, all mistakes, similar to Vettel's.
Also, his qualifying performances that particular season were not always that good.
I am not counting 2011 and 2013, because he didn't really have the car to challenge for the championship.

Now, let's look at 2010's Alonso campaign and Vettel's 2017.
Australia 2010 - Arguably squeezed Button and ended up spinning himself out.
Singapore 2017 - Vettel squeezes (arguably again) Verstappen not knowing Kimi was there, he retired.

China 2010 - False start, was fast enough to win the race, ended up finishing 4th.
Baku 2017 - Gets angry mid race, hits Hamilton, ends up 4th, would have won otherwise.

Monaco 2010 - Crashed in practice and started last.
Mexico 2017 - Hits Hamilton, would have lost the title anyway.

See the similarities? Yet Alonso wasn't criticized the same way Vettel was in 2017. Alonso wouldn't have won 2017.
I agree about 2018, Seb did a lot of mistakes, but most of them were under severe pressure from a faster and stronger competitor than Red Bull in 2010-2013. And unlike back in the Red Bull era, he was the only one who was in the mix with Mercedes. In 2010 and 2012, there were McLaren, Lotus, Mercedes. In 2017 and 2018 - only Red Bull in selected races.

wickedz50

Pressure is immense and to an extent greater on Vettel now is agreed. But how Alonso era was different that Vettel is the difference to both regulations and domination. Redbull era is way different to Merc domination. Ferrari team is clueless now and before too. This is the pressure flowing downstream to their drivers. No consistent fast car. Thats the bottom line.

Morteza

I just feel so sorry for Charles. The worst thing is it is his home race

Charles Leclerc’s Monaco Grand Prix qualifying team radio (via racefans.net)
To Leclerc: OK you can do another push lap if you need it. At the moment, P1.
To Leclerc: Look for Stroll behind, he’s pushing.
To Leclerc: Watch for traffic with Stroll. Next car Perez, pushing.
To Leclerc: OK Perez behind pushing, watch for traffic.
To Leclerc: Perez behind pushing, OK.
To Leclerc: And now you have a good gap. Next car behind pushing is Russell but you have a good gap there, he’s at turn nine under the tunnel.
To Leclerc: So next car behind pushing is Russell, nine seconds.
To Leclerc: Mode push for last corner.
To Leclerc: (Leclerc does a flying lap)
OK mode charge, mode charge. Next car behind pushing is Stroll, seven seconds.
To Leclerc: Next car behind pushing is Stroll, five seconds.
To Leclerc: Ricciardo in front, five seconds.
To Leclerc: You are P3 at the moment. You should try to stay in front of Stroll behind at three seconds, he’s pushing.
To Leclerc: You have a bit of a gap now behind Stroll if you want.
To Leclerc: Mode push for last corner, mode push.
Leclerc: (Leclerc locks up)
I’ve flat-spotted the tyres.
To Leclerc: OK next car behind is Sebastian, eight seconds, he’ll be on a slow lap.
To Leclerc: And box now, box.
To Leclerc: Next car behind is Sebastian, he’s on a slow lap, eight seconds behind.
To Leclerc: Do you think you can push another lap with these tyres?
Leclerc: Can try, yes.
To Leclerc: OK so let’s try again.
To Leclerc: Mode push for last corner, mode push.
To Leclerc: (Leclerc abandons the lap)
To Leclerc: And box now, box. Next car behind is Albon on an out-lap, box now.
To Leclerc: Weigh bridge, weigh bridge.
Leclerc: Wait, wait, wait I haven’t…
To Leclerc: Weigh bridge.
To Leclerc: (Leclerc is pushed back to the weigh bridge)
You can switch off the radio. And P zero.
Leclerc: Do we have to go again?
To Leclerc: (Jock Clear replies)
We’ll get ready Charles, but we don’t really have to go
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Schuttelberg

“Betrayed by who? My team? They did a fantastic job to have my car ready in record time for qualifying after I betrayed them earlier this morning…”

ANYONE, who needs to know why Vettel is the best option for Ferrari can read the above. I doubt, I saw such an attitude from Alonso during his Ferrari stint.
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

selvam_e2002

We never know how he(Alonso) handled or collaborated with Ferrari from 2010 to 2014. The car was worse and no luck(Grojan crash) and worst race strategy by Ferrari.

I agree Alonso = politics. but he is a good driver. If he with Ferrari now they won't lose these much of point with this car. He drove bad car good.

But Ferrari is not learning from their mistakes...... Even if they put Hamilton/Max they won't win!

tpeman

selvam_e2002 wrote:
25 May 2019, 18:26
We never know how he(Alonso) handled or collaborated with Ferrari from 2010 to 2014. The car was worse and no luck(Grojan crash) and worst race strategy by Ferrari.

I agree Alonso = politics. but he is a good driver. If he with Ferrari now they won't lose these much of point with this car. He drove bad car good.

But Ferrari is not learning from their mistakes...... Even if they put Hamilton/Max they won't win!
Yes, Alonso is an incredible driver, one of the best of all time. He was the best in the races by far, but quali-wise, he wasn't as good as Hamilton and Vettel (and Rosberg I would say). In the modern era, qualifying is crucial, and the race is more about strategy and driving to delta rather than pace.
There is a difference between a bad car, and a car with complex philosophy and setup, which was the case with Ferrari in 2012. They made a lot of ground mid-season, which wouldn't have happened if the car was as bad as it was told to be.

Scorpaguy

How Bino keeps his job after this is beyond me.

Money...he has the most.
Car...third best, maybe fourth after tomorrow.
Team...well, it is better than Williams.
Strategy...i am beginning to think such calls are given to them via a combination of Toto Wolff and Benny Hill.

How long until Ferrari brass realize they can spend a quarter of the cash via a partnership with Alfa/Sauber, still keep a prancing horse logo on the grid (ala Aston on RB), and get respectable results.