2019 Renault F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Bill

Re: 2019 Renault F1 Team

If Renault are spending 350 m and torro rosso are in the 100 how is that similar. Cyril is ul to his usual bs

PowerandtheGlory

I don't think they have a GP2 engine or chassis. Nor is spending circa 30m on a driver any problem at all.

However, not understanding how to get the tyres working at Barca was a disappointment. They have lacked speed at the last 2 GP's now and Monaco is not really a proper track, so we'll have to wait for future races to see if they progress.

The only real issue is they have failed to develop the car as other teams have, The 2021 will hurt smaller teams more than bigger teams, unless they switch focus to 2021 right now. i think F1 are trying to press the Re-set button. But in essence things will carry on mostly as they are now, but with hopefully more overtaking.

At the minute MERC are making 'Everybody' look rubbish. I dont see how unless they have issues, any team can beat them this year. Ferrari have gone backwards, Redbull aren't there.

The only team that can honestly hold their hand up and say we've done a good job this year is MERC, and possibly the Honda engine team!!

Really hoping Renault can turn the season around somehow.
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

GPR-A

Jaisonas wrote:
13 May 2019, 08:38
Maybe they shouldn't have spent 30 mil on a driver. Just saying
It would have been a win-win situation for all parties involved, Red Bull, Renault and Ricciardo (except for money) if Renault wouldn't have signed Ricciardo. Ric would have stayed with Red Bull who would have been a very strong team with Ric and Max. Ric would have been happy to be driving a competitive machinery and keep his reputation. Renault would have saved a lot of money and could have signed Ocon to partner with Hulk. Currently, Renault doesn't have a competitive machinery, paying a hell of a lot to a driver who can't help much. Red Bull is struggling with their second driver. Obviously, Ric would be frustrated to battling so low down the order.

PowerandtheGlory

GPR -A wrote:
13 May 2019, 09:11
Jaisonas wrote:
It would have been a win-win situation for all parties involved, Red Bull, Renault and Ricciardo (except for money) if Renault wouldn't have signed Ricciardo. Ric would have stayed with Red Bull who would have been a very strong team with Ric and Max. Ric would have been happy to be driving a competitive machinery and keep his reputation. Renault would have saved a lot of money and could have signed Ocon to partner with Hulk. Currently, Renault doesn't have a competitive machinery, paying a hell of a lot to a driver who can't help much. Red Bull is struggling with their second driver. Obviously, Ric would be frustrated to battling so low down the order.
That's a fair observation. but i think Redbull are impressed by Kyvat currently. Renault are doing what happened to Mclaren with Alonso last year. Paying a driver a lot of money in a car that's not getting into the points. They need to pull their socks up
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

bucker

Some sources say that Cyril is a member of a family with great influence which played huge role buying Enston team. When Frederic was team principal there was huge mess in Enston and Cyril didn't care about that, that's why Frederic left. It is clear that Cyril is a guy that must leave, but he has too many connections at the top of Renault.

Can anyone also confirm that. As is said that is what i read from some sources.

Morteza

bucker wrote:
19 May 2019, 00:57
Some sources say that Cyril is a member of a family with great influence which played huge role buying Enston team. When Frederic was team principal there was huge mess in Enston and Cyril didn't care about that, that's why Frederic left. It is clear that Cyril is a guy that must leave, but he has too many connections at the top of Renault.

Can anyone also confirm that. As is said that is what i read from some sources.
I cannot confirm it, but have heard about his family relations before. Could be true because I think whoever was put in his position would have been fired by now!
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

jadoc

"Renault is to bring a "substantial" revamp of its car for the French Grand Prix after managing to clear a backlog of new parts that had stalled its early season development." https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... e/4394961/

"Renault was running reduced engine power due to conrod issue" https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/rena ... e/4394807/

we will see changes the next weeks :wink:
Le consortium des centres de sclГ©rose en plaques.

nokivasara

Good quali from RIC, he really likes the Monaco circuit :)
Let's hope the new con rods are as good as they need to be to run the engine at 100% power.

Capharol

JordanMugen wrote:
12 May 2019, 08:37
Cyril Abeitoul says:
Do you know how much we spend here? We operate with the budget of Toro Rosso. And we do not believe that putting more money makes the difference. No, because we are at the doors of 2021, when there will be a budgetary ceiling. Instead of wasting a lot of resources, we can take a look at McLaren, because I know their numbers and I can tell you they have a few hundred people more than us. How far are they from us? Makes sense? Not for now. Start to have it when there is a budget ceiling, which is when the way you invest your resources will matter much more than the resources you have.
https://soymotor.com/articulos/cyril-ab ... sso-963788
via Google translate

Explosive stuff! :shock: If they have the (chassis?) budget like Toro Rosso, how are Renault ever going to win anything!?

Our budget is at 350 million. Mercedes is in more than 500 million. We will never put 150 million more, because it does not make any sense. It does not correspond to the value of Formula 1 for us.
I don't think that even selling sponsorship can make up this 150m Euro difference.
to give you a perspective on how much every team spends and earns from F1

this tells you exactly which utter BS Abiteboul is talking
Renault uses 320 Million (Renault UK and France together)
Toro Rosso only 127 million
Mercedes is 430 Million
Ferrari 382 Million
Red Bull 247 million

even if you combine TR & RB that is only 40 million more as Renault does

djos

nokivasara wrote:
25 May 2019, 18:13
Good quali from RIC, he really likes the Monaco circuit :)
Let's hope the new con rods are as good as they need to be to run the engine at 100% power.
Outstanding effort from Dan, he's really starting to show his quality in the Renault - hopefully the upgrades they have coming help Renault move closer to RedBull.
"In downforce we trust"

djos

Capharol wrote:
26 May 2019, 01:14

https://i.imgur.com/EtDOgyM.png

Mercedes is 430 Million
Ferrari 382 Million
Red Bull 247 million

Don't forget that TR doesn't have to develop their own Gearbox, rear end or PU - they get all those for free from RBR & Honda. These will be worth tens of millions they don't need to find.
"In downforce we trust"

bill shoe

It looks like Cyril's comparison of Renault (UK/chassis) to Toro Rosso (chassis only) is apples-to-apples when you consider that each of those chassis manufacturers gets their engines without charge. In fact Renault designs and manufactures their own gearboxes which TR does not. These same points have already been made by others. But....

So what? It's really crowded at the top of F1. If Renault thinks the top 3 teams are spending too much for their success, then why did Renault get back into F1? Does Renault's F1 business model work out OK for them if they finish 5th or 6th in constructors and struggle to put cars in Q3? If so then great. If not then (again) what are they doing?

Did their business plan really involve looking lousy until 2021 when a cost-cap would maybe possibly gradually come into effect? How much money will they spend treading water for several years until that budget cap is fully implemented? And in the meantime Merc is spending lots and reaping the rewards from that. Which company is spending money wisely there?

diffuser

PowerandtheGlory wrote:
13 May 2019, 09:18
GPR -A wrote:
13 May 2019, 09:11
Jaisonas wrote:
That's a fair observation. but i think Redbull are impressed by Kyvat currently. Renault are doing what happened to Mclaren with Alonso last year. Paying a driver a lot of money in a car that's not getting into the points. They need to pull their socks up
Ricardo's under contract for a few years... I'd avoid focusing on stuff that cannot change.in the next year or 2.

diffuser

djos wrote:
26 May 2019, 01:54
Capharol wrote:

Mercedes is 430 Million
Ferrari 382 Million
Red Bull 247 million

Don't forget that TR doesn't have to develop their own Gearbox, rear end or PU - they get all those for free from RBR & Honda. These will be worth tens of millions they don't need to find.
I don't see Honda in that list. I presume the majority of the money spent in Renault France goes to PU development. While the majority of Renault UK goes towards chassis.

Capharol

diffuser wrote:
26 May 2019, 11:44
djos wrote:
26 May 2019, 01:54
Capharol wrote:

Mercedes is 430 Million
Ferrari 382 Million
Red Bull 247 million

I don't see Honda in that list. I presume the majority of the money spent in Renault France goes to PU development. While the majority of Renault UK goes towards chassis.
that might be possible but still you need to put those two together because without Chassis (UK) no car and without engine (France) the car can't be driven ....
my opinion stays Abiteboul talks loads of crap even more as Marko does