2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
DutchDopey
DutchDopey

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Marko blames Ric for Max not improving in Q3. He says Ric was slowing Max down in the first sector so he could not get temp in the tyres.

Godius

DutchDopey wrote:
26 May 2019, 10:30
Marko blames Ric for Max not improving in Q3. He says Ric was slowing Max down in the first sector so he could not get temp in the tyres.
I noticed this on the live timing too, again a bit of an positioning error from the team in my opinion. Verstappen had to slow down a lot in the final sector on his outlap because of Ricciardo his positioning for his final push lap.The Mercedes guys really had a more of a free track in front of them.

Maplesoup
Maplesoup

loner wrote:
25 May 2019, 23:14
Mercs were down .4 on RBRin 2018 Monaco qualy now they are up .5 in qualy, down .2 on Ferrari and now up .8 .. what kind of downforce will make them go full banzai against their archrivals in the matter of some months , ironically someone mooted a one second gap to their rivals before the season even started was it for some downforce calculated as well ?!!
Mercedes have always had a solid amount of downforce no matter the year. Their longer car has always struggled around slower corners just because they have a longer car, the suspension setup they have solves that. Mercedes also struggled last year with the tyres, this year's tyres suit their car way better as we saw last year during the 2 or 3 races were the tyres had a similar gauge to this year's.

Red bull have struggled with the new front wing concept a bit which has cost them some performance, plus they've got a different engine this year.

One team takes a step forward another takes a step back. There isn't just one element of the car that can explain one teams performance vs another. It's pretty naive to say that one team should just use another teams suspension concept.

shingles
shingles

Godius wrote:
DutchDopey wrote:
26 May 2019, 10:30
I noticed this on the live timing too, again a bit of an positioning error from the team in my opinion. Verstappen had to slow down a lot in the final sector on his outlap because of Ricciardo his positioning for his final push lap.The Mercedes guys really had a more of a free track in front of them.
Ever notice how RBR is almost always last one on track? I guess they want to wait for track evolution but... more often than not they blame traffic for poorer than desired outcome. Maybe they can get out earlier.

TwanV
TwanV

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bx5BVLajg35 ... atch_again

Nice gesture, looking forward to see these two today especially should the rain decide to fall.

loner

Maplesoup wrote:
26 May 2019, 12:48
It's pretty naive to say that one team should just use another teams suspension concept.
they are the best team in twists now because of it, it needs to be done perfectly, perhaps its naive to just say it will lead to oversteer in a shorter car .. time will tell how RBR will respond...
para bellum.

ispano6

Definitely sucks that Gasly has a 3 place grid penalty. team needs to get on top of quali release times.
and now they can't use Gasly to help Max undercut. Can't beat Mercedes on track if you can't even beat them on your pitwall.

ispano6

Also should have given max the extra point since he'll lose ground to Vettel in the championship. All in all a weekend of what could have been, but Mercedes wasn't dominant as feared either.

That was a first place drive by the driver of the day Max Verstappen.

GhostF1
GhostF1

Max deserved a win for that drive. Incredible racecraft!

Benii6
Benii6

GhostF1 wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:12
Max deserved a win for that drive. Incredible racecraft!
What? Why did he deserve to win?

ispano6

Red Bull should have left Max out to take the lead instead of pitting with the leaders, that was the one chance to get ahead of Hamilton.

Capharol
Capharol

ispano6 wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:22
Red Bull should have left Max out to take the lead instead of pitting with the leaders, that was the one chance to get ahead of Hamilton.
no because he would have been picked up by the SC before he could end the lap, which gave the other cars the chance aswell to come back close behind VER, and if he would have pitted then that would have put him down behind Kubica

damager21
damager21

ispano6 wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:22
On the contrary, I feel they should have pitted him a lap before when there was uncertainty about Safety car. Max would have managed to under cut and come out ahead of Lewis. Even if Lewis did not pit, Max would have closed the gap and piped Lewis whenever he pitted. Its all about position on this track as Lewis showed today

Bill
Bill

P2 don't feel right for vettel he didn't take any risks Bottas as well sitting there and not making any attempt to take it to the nearest guy

langedweil

Bill wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:38
P2 don't feel right for vettel he didn't take any risks Bottas as well sitting there and not making any attempt to take it to the nearest guy
Exactly .. boring free points, no racing.
HuggaWugga !