2019 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 23-26

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Morteza

Re: 2019 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 23-26

I like Monaco a whole lot better than Singapore for example. Monaco at least looks good, Singapore is basically 90-degree turns all of which look the same.
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

proteus

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:23
Just_a_fan wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:20
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:17
Monaco would be fine if the cars were narrower, shorter, lighter and had better tires. Yes the circuit could be better, but the cars and the tires are the bigger problem.
Er, Monaco has always been rubbish. We've had smaller, lighter cars with better tyres in the past and still the much slower car ahead holds up those behind. Senna / Mansell, for example.

Monaco is the problem, not the cars.
Yes Monaco is a problem, but the cars are also a problem. It us not an unsolvable problem.
Its not a problem really. Its the only track where they are not overtaking each other by pressing a button on a 2 kilometre straight driving by each other like going for a drive on the overtake lane in the highway. Thank god for that.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

loekf2
loekf2

GPR -A wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:15
Stupid moves from Max. When he finally tried that move on Lewis, he wouldn't have got anything in the last 2 laps. Even if he would have overtaken Lewis, everybody behind him would have pushed those 2 laps and stayed within 5 seconds of Max. In the process, he nearly cost the race to Lewis. Stupid move.
Nonsense, if never try to overtake you are not a racer.

F1NAC

they need to reprofile the portier corner. Also there is a second road that has much better exit leading toward tunnel. Portier is main killer here

DarkSurferZA
DarkSurferZA

Restomaniac wrote:
shingles wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:08
Restomaniac wrote:It’s not new. It’s a known issue.

RedBull screwed up. Better to just accept it.
It’s funny people keep saying they screwed up. What were they going to do? If they didn’t release they would be behind Bottas and Vettel. It’s racing. They team gambled and released. I don’t blame anyone. There was a chance they took it, it didn’t work.
Sorry but this conversation started someone blaming the stewards for daring to follow the rules by penalising Verstappen. It’s now progressed to blaming the width of the pit lane. If ANYONE is to blame it’s RedBull. It’s not the stewards or the pit lane that’s for certain.
Sadly, I have to defend RBR despite the impact to Botas. RBR saw a gas, they rolled the 2d20 die and landed a 2. That's racing, you take chances in split second decisions.

The stewards though, they have been consistently inconsistent with the decision making. Especially when it involves Max

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk

matt_b
matt_b

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:25
GPR -A wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:17
Mercedes have this immense knack of screwing Lewis and putting him into unnecessary situations as if it's their USP towards him.
Did HAM have a fresh set of hard for Merc to put him on? I was looking for the tire chart before the race but couldn't find it.
They both had 1 new set, they just made a mistake which cost them nothing...but its a kick up the backside going forward.

GPR-A

loekf2 wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:29
GPR -A wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:15
Stupid moves from Max. When he finally tried that move on Lewis, he wouldn't have got anything in the last 2 laps. Even if he would have overtaken Lewis, everybody behind him would have pushed those 2 laps and stayed within 5 seconds of Max. In the process, he nearly cost the race to Lewis. Stupid move.
Nonsense, if never try to overtake you are not a racer.
Stupidity of the tall order. Not knowing when to attempt a move, without screwing up the driver ahead. It's not as if this is the first time he has done this. He is serial offender in that sense.
Last edited by GPR-A on 26 May 2019, 17:33, edited 1 time in total.

TAG

The sour grape comments in this thread are more entertaining than the race. Hamilton wins despite it all, at least Ferrari keep Mercedes from a record 6th 1-2 victory. May be their greatest achievement all season.
Last edited by TAG on 26 May 2019, 17:39, edited 1 time in total.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

ringo

The race was not a bad one. It was a tyre saving marathon, but it was on edge. I think Hamilton drove superbly. Placement of the car in the hairpin, acceleration going into the tunnel, etc. etc. Very fitting drive of a great driver. It's possible if it were another driver they would have lost the P1 with Max behind.
Leclerc was impatient and probably would have scored points if he calmed down.
Otherwise not a bad race, it was as expected. The last 10 or so Monaco races have been with P1 crawling around and no one being able to overtake, or a pit stop blunder.
For Sure!!

notsofast
notsofast

FIA/FOM has in fact listened to all the Monaco-haters and given you more options. There are 20 races on the calendar besides Monaco, twice as many as when your father was watching F1. Don't like Monaco? Just skip it and enjoy the other 20.

GPR-A

notsofast wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:37
FIA/FOM has in fact listened to all the Monaco-haters and given you more options. There are 20 races on the calendar besides Monaco, twice as many as when your father was watching F1. Don't like Monaco? Just skip it and enjoy the other 20.
If you can let the FIA know that, if they make this last race of the season, we all can have Christmas preparations earlier. That's a good fix. Oh, as Brawn had suggested sometime back, if FIA can also make this a "POINTsLESS" race, as it already is, then the world would be a good place.

bauc

For Monaco, this was a good race, I'm pleased.
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

DarkSurferZA wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:31
Restomaniac wrote:
shingles wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:08

It’s funny people keep saying they screwed up. What were they going to do? If they didn’t release they would be behind Bottas and Vettel. It’s racing. They team gambled and released. I don’t blame anyone. There was a chance they took it, it didn’t work.
Sorry but this conversation started someone blaming the stewards for daring to follow the rules by penalising Verstappen. It’s now progressed to blaming the width of the pit lane. If ANYONE is to blame it’s RedBull. It’s not the stewards or the pit lane that’s for certain.
Sadly, I have to defend RBR despite the impact to Botas. RBR saw a gas, they rolled the 2d20 die and landed a 2. That's racing, you take chances in split second decisions.

The stewards though, they have been consistently inconsistent with the decision making. Especially when it involves Max

Sent from my SM-T815 using Tapatalk
The stewards were actually lenient. They HAD to penalise, they chose the smallest penalty possible.

I’m not saying RedBull shouldn’t try it but it’s a dice roll which if done wrongly (it was) gets penalised.

You cannot then blame the Stewards (right to penalise) or the pit lane (which is the same for all teams and he same as it’s always been).

By using the logic that we shouldn’t follow the rules then what’s next to help. Allowing 1 driver to ignore fuel limits?
Last edited by Restomaniac on 26 May 2019, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.

DutchDopey
DutchDopey

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:10
DutchDopey wrote:
26 May 2019, 17:01
Restomaniac wrote:
26 May 2019, 15:52

Blame Verstappen/RedBull and nobody else.
Blame Monaco with such a narrow pit.
They might have been more lenient if VER hadn't made contact with BOT, there was space for 2 cars side by side at that point of the pit lane, but VER hit BOT, twice.
There was no space, that is bull. When I just saw the incident again, Merc/Bottas were stalling both Ves and Vet at the entrance. Than Rb did an amazing pit stop and came out ahead of Bottas, if it wasn’t so narrow the outcome would be in favor for Ves. It was a --- of Merc to do such a slow pit after stalling both Ferrari and RB.