2019 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 23-26

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Morteza

Re: 2019 Monaco Grand Prix - Monte Carlo, May 23-26

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

shingles
shingles

ubuysa wrote:I'm sorry but Max has learned nothing since last year. Theres nothing wrong with being aggressive but Max is just plain dirty.

They let him go quickly at the pit stop which was fair enough, but when Max realised he wasn't going to get ahead of Bottas he tried to run him off the road. That's not acceptable.

I've watched the Lewis contact many times now and although Max locked up I'm convinced he was trying to nudge Lewis into a spin. It was the only way he was ever going to get past on that track. Also not acceptable.

Leclerc is an aggressive and talented driver too but he knows these aren't stock cars. Max still has to learn that. He's still a danger to himself and all those around him.
Really?!. You got all that from watching the TV/laptop? You were able to read Max’s mind. And you are just convinced that he was try to wreck into people.

If he was trying to run Bottas off, he would have done that on turn one at the start. That would have been the most effective time. But he didn’t and backed off.

Leclerc is so level headed that he decided to wreck his own race and destroy his floor by going way too fast after he drive himself into the wall causing a puncture.

I think you are letting your bias creep in too much.

Jolle
Jolle

ubuysa wrote:
26 May 2019, 21:03
I'm sorry but Max has learned nothing since last year. Theres nothing wrong with being aggressive but Max is just plain dirty.

They let him go quickly at the pit stop which was fair enough, but when Max realised he wasn't going to get ahead of Bottas he tried to run him off the road. That's not acceptable.

I've watched the Lewis contact many times now and although Max locked up I'm convinced he was trying to nudge Lewis into a spin. It was the only way he was ever going to get past on that track. Also not acceptable.

Leclerc is an aggressive and talented driver too but he knows these aren't stock cars. Max still has to learn that. He's still a danger to himself and all those around him.
you mean that hothead that caused a safety car because he went of a gap that wasn't there and then didn't slow down that ended his race?

Monaco is the only track where every overtake is so risky that you will crash.

langedweil

ubuysa wrote:
I'm sorry but Max has learned nothing since last year. Theres nothing wrong with being aggressive but Max is just plain dirty.

Are you even in this same world ?
HuggaWugga !

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

https://twitter.com/mercedesamgf1/statu ... 7072623618

For those who said it was an act.

Also-caution not every naughty word is beeped out.
Last edited by Restomaniac on 26 May 2019, 22:21, edited 1 time in total.

DutchDopey
DutchDopey

ubuysa wrote:

OW come on, the team released Max and he had no where to go. He was dropped in the middle of it. He could not go left because that was dangerous for the pit crews and he could not go right because Bottas was there. Blaming Max is just childish anti fanboyism.

digitalrurouni
digitalrurouni

For those hating on Max man it's so obvious. How many times has Senna been an asshole and hit other drivers? Max is an angel compared to that especially this year. He's totally driving like a work champion. He's getting everything out of the car. He's been a measures driver all this season so far.

bosyber
bosyber

I do think Verstappen was a bit dangerous in pushing Bottas into the barrier of the pitlane (though he said he didn't see him - I would think safety says: then do not make the move ...).

But on the racetrack itself, nothing he did wasn't just doing a good job taking the chances he was offered to possibly win the race, what else was he supposed to do? Take the offer he got, the one Hamilton didn't take either of "well you could stop trying, end up fourth or so, up to you"? No of course not. He had to try it, and did. Hamilton did a good job defending, and he had great exits out of the corners, which would always mean Verstappen had to go for a surprise move when Hamilton didn't suspect it, and that's what happened, but it wasn't enough, racing incident.

Though maybe he should have tried it ~5-15 laps earlier when he would have had a better chance of getting those 5s ahead of Hamilton and the others, and win, because at that late stage, hard to have seen him win it, if Hamilton couldn't keep up, Vettel and Bottas would have made sure to be within 5s (so then Verstappen would still be on podium, but not anymore in it for the win).

zeph
zeph

I feel for Bottas, he was very unlucky today. The incident cost him second place today, and 3 points in the championship.

I’m not mad at Verstappen for giving it a try at the end of the tunnel, but did he really think that was gonna work?

It’s also impressive how Ferrari keeps finding new ways to compromise Leclerc. How they managed to not get him out of Q1 was epic.

Jolle
Jolle

zeph wrote:
26 May 2019, 22:34
I feel for Bottas, he was very unlucky today. The incident cost him second place today, and 3 points in the championship.

I’m not mad at Verstappen for giving it a try at the end of the tunnel, but did he really think that was gonna work?

It’s also impressive how Ferrari keeps finding new ways to compromise Leclerc. How they managed to not get him out of Q1 was epic.
That's monaco. Overtakes never work, unless you try. And if you try a couple of times, you're sure to crash.

izzy
izzy

digitalrurouni wrote:
26 May 2019, 22:21
For those hating on Max man it's so obvious. How many times has Senna been an asshole and hit other drivers? Max is an angel compared to that especially this year. He's totally driving like a work champion. He's getting everything out of the car. He's been a measures driver all this season so far.
well to be fair Max had a 50/50 collision with Chili Sainz that put one of them out, and was feuding and swearing after Lance accidentally impeded him in just FP in Spain, and today's divebomb wasn't really on either, so I don't think we can say he's fully mature yet can we? It's not hate, just means his fans have to be a bit patient.

zeph
zeph

Yeah, he had to try something, I guess, and that really is the only place where you can have a go at it. At least they both continued. Last year’s Verstappen would have surely crashed into Hamilton and end both their races.

TAG

zeph wrote:
26 May 2019, 22:43
Yeah, he had to try something, I guess, and that really is the only place where you can have a go at it. At least they both continued. Last year’s Verstappen would have surely crashed into Hamilton and end both their races.
Did you watch the overtakes Leclerc made?
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

zeph
zeph

TAG wrote:
26 May 2019, 22:50
zeph wrote:
Yes, but those weren’t exactly the fastest cars on the grid now, were they? And, IIRC, he only really made the first one stick, the second one is where it all went wrong.

edit:

Actually the third overtake is where it went wrong, I believe. But yeah, those were good moves from Leclerc. Still, my point is, I doubt he’d be able to overtake one of the top 6 cars there.
Last edited by zeph on 26 May 2019, 22:56, edited 1 time in total.

Jolle
Jolle

TAG wrote:
26 May 2019, 22:50
zeph wrote:
On the places where Leclerc (tried) you have to surprise the other driver or he has to leave the door open. Hamilton (and others) are to smart to leave gaps there. After the tunnel is the only place where you can try on your own merit.