2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Andres125sx wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 11:22
mwillems wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 01:24
zoroastar wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 23:50

really? so what do you suppose they do with the guy that he beats almost every week that he has a clean race? i remember sainz being right there with verstappen in their rookie season. i dont think anyone has enough evidence to say that carlos cant compete with most drivers in the same car. maybe he cant, and maybe he can, but one qualy session doesnt tell us one way or the other.
I didn't say it was based on one qualy session, and I'm unsure as to why you'd think that. He's made multiple mistakes at crucial times and has now compromised 3 out of 6 races.

I dont doubt his pace, I doubt his consistency and judgement this season.

I personally dont factor in his performance from years back. He's not number 1 driver level right now no matter what promise he showed in the past.
And I doubt YOUR judgement and bias sincerely.... He compromised 3 out of 6 races? What parallel dimension did you come from?
The one where he drove into Verstappen and got a penalty against Albon for a start, as well as not being much faster than his rookie teammate can't remember the third mistake he made but I'll have a look through.

Doubt it all you like, but don't get emotional because you don't like someones opinion, that's just a bit lame.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

BosF1

mwillems wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 12:26
Andres125sx wrote:
mwillems wrote:

I didn't say it was based on one qualy session, and I'm unsure as to why you'd think that. He's made multiple mistakes at crucial times and has now compromised 3 out of 6 races.

I personally dont factor in his performance from years back. He's not number 1 driver level right now no matter what promise he showed in the past.
And I doubt YOUR judgement and bias sincerely.... He compromised 3 out of 6 races? What parallel dimension did you come from?
The one where he drove into Verstappen and got a penalty against Albon for a start, as well as not being much faster than his rookie teammate can't remember the third mistake he made but I'll have a look through.

Doubt it all you like, but don't get emotional because you don't like someones opinion, that's just a bit lame.
He drove into Verstappen... really?! :lol: :lol:

mwillems

BosF1 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 12:44
mwillems wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 12:26
Andres125sx wrote:

He drove into Verstappen... really?! :lol: :lol:
Why is it laughable, it was a fairly strong opinion on here from many that he gave him no room, he didn't need to have that accident. Everyone else passed their with tons of space and he needlessly closed down the maverick space defender.

Jackles-UK

To say Carlos has been the error-strewn mess that some are peddling is a nonsense. Take this weekend so far; Hamilton, Vettel, Bottas and Verstappen have all had spins or collisions and they have going on for 200 wins under their collective belts. That’s before you factor in errors for Gasly, Leclerc, Giovinazzi as well and all Carlos did was forget to move over at the end of his flying lap to allow Albon through, hardly an offence worthy of disdain.

mwillems

Jackles-UK wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 13:10
To say Carlos has been the error-strewn mess that some are peddling is a nonsense. Take this weekend so far; Hamilton, Vettel, Bottas and Verstappen have all had spins or collisions and they have going on for 200 wins under their collective belts. That’s before you factor in errors for Gasly, Leclerc, Giovinazzi as well and all Carlos did was forget to move over at the end of his flying lap to allow Albon through, hardly an offence worthy of disdain.
My post said nothing about "error strewn", that would be a description for Kvyat circa 2 years ago. It said he is not at the level required for a number one driver at Mclaren. He makes some costly mistakes and isn't quite consistently fast enough. It also said he was a good guy and was great value for money on what we are paying him. Nor did my post offer any disdain. Disdain and obnoxiousness is used by others on here, not me.
Last edited by mwillems on 09 Jun 2019, 14:44, edited 1 time in total.

Juzh

Sainz' Q2 lap 1:11.572 (faster than norris in q3)

https://streamable.com/i1ybv

GoranF1

Mercedes doing everything they can to win Mclaren voting for current Pirelli tyers to stay. Merc, Will and FI will vote to keep current spec, everyone else against it. 70%of votes decides.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

mclaren113

Andres125sx wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 11:08
mclaren113 wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 22:08
fouad1979 wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 21:48

Race pace in FP2 these nt indicate the right times and in canada the 1 two corners are realy dangerous at the start usualy there ar always crashes there
Well I think with clean start and good strategies we'll pass the 2 Renaults
Did you notice Ricciardo qualified 4th? :roll:
I mean at the end of the race

GPR-A

GoranF1 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:12
Mercedes doing everything they can to win Mclaren voting for current Pirelli tyers to stay. Merc, Will and FI will vote to keep current spec, everyone else against it. 70%of votes decides.
It too far fetched to believe that Renault will stand with Red Bull on this one. Renault has nothing to gain with change in tyres. Besides, when Red Bull was bitching about Renault and was confident of going with Mercedes, Mercedes openly supported Renault.

Coming to McLaren, they seemed to be doing very well this year with their package, which means they would like to keep their upward trajectory, rather than reinvesting in last year's tyres.

Essentially, it's only Red Bull who are vocal. You can pretty much expect Ferrari to remain noiseless on this one due to their strategic alliance with Mercedes, which also allies on their engine situation. When RB wanted engine changes, Merc and Ferrari stood together. RB is self centered and they don't speak for anyone other than themselves.

Pretty much, nothing is going to change on tyre front.

M840TR

GPR -A wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:24
GoranF1 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:12
It too far fetched to believe that Renault will stand with Red Bull on this one. Renault has nothing to gain with change in tyres. Besides, when Red Bull was bitching about Renault and was confident of going with Mercedes, Mercedes openly supported Renault.

Coming to McLaren, they seemed to be doing very well this year with their package, which means they would like to keep their upward trajectory, rather than reinvesting in last year's tyres.

Essentially, it's only Red Bull who are vocal. You can pretty much expect Ferrari to remain noiseless on this one due to their strategic alliance with Mercedes, which also allies on their engine situation. When RB wanted engine changes, Merc and Ferrari stood together. RB is self centered and they don't speak for anyone other than themselves.

Pretty much, nothing is going to change on tyre front.
There's no strategic alliance of any team with the other unless co-owned. Ferrari are actually the ones leading the consortium demanding tyre change. They sided with Merc on the engines because they finally made a good PU and had invested heavily into the regs.

GPR-A

M840TR wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:29
There's no strategic alliance of any team with the other unless co-owned. Ferrari are actually the ones leading the consortium demanding tyre change. They sided with Merc on the engines because they finally made a good PU and had invested heavily into the regs.
I have not read a single statement coming from Ferrari "demanding change of tyres" . So there is no reason to believe they are leading it. It's only Red Bull loud mouth which is crying out loud.

Not long ago, Red Bull accused Ferrari and Mercedes of working together.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/f1/news/ ... y-red-bull

diffuser

Andres125sx wrote:
mwillems wrote:
zoroastar wrote:
08 Jun 2019, 23:50

really? so what do you suppose they do with the guy that he beats almost every week that he has a clean race? i remember sainz being right there with verstappen in their rookie season. i dont think anyone has enough evidence to say that carlos cant compete with most drivers in the same car. maybe he cant, and maybe he can, but one qualy session doesnt tell us one way or the other.

I think it's a moot point. We have to be grateful to have been able to sign Sainz during an abysmal 2018 season. There were no guarantees that McLaren was not gonna be mired in repeating the 2018 season for foreseeable future.

Before you shiit on Sainz. You have to think about who is available and can you convince them to come to McLaren. Obviously we would have preferred Ricardo but he preferred Renault.

I don't see anybody out there, that would come to McLaren, that would be an upgrade on Sainz.

M840TR

GPR -A wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:45
M840TR wrote:
I have not read a single statement coming from Ferrari "demanding change of tyres" . So there is no reason to believe they are leading it. It's only Red Bull loud mouth which is crying out loud.

"Ferrari & Red Bull are leading a group of teams trying to convince Pirelli to go back to tyres with a thicker tread as quickly as possible. Arguing the new thinner tread tyres are bad for the show."

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... -mercedes/

GPR-A

M840TR wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 15:05
GPR -A wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:45
M840TR wrote:

"Ferrari & Red Bull are leading a group of teams trying to convince Pirelli to go back to tyres with a thicker tread as quickly as possible. Arguing the new thinner tread tyres are bad for the show."

https://www.auto-motor-und-sport.de/for ... -mercedes/
I repeat, show me a statement that Ferrari has made about asking for tyre change.

Mattia's statement is just about tyres being bad for show, which he has said many times now.

SmallSoldier

diffuser wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:
mwillems wrote:

I think it's a moot point. We have to be grateful to have been able to sign Sainz during an abysmal 2018 season. There were no guarantees that McLaren was not gonna be mired in repeating the 2018 season for foreseeable future.

Before you shiit on Sainz. You have to think about who is available and can you convince them to come to McLaren. Obviously we would have preferred Ricardo but he preferred Renault.

I don't see anybody out there, that would come to McLaren, that would be an upgrade on Sainz.
I’ll admit that Sainz surprised me this season... When the announcement was made last year, I wasn’t sure if it was the right move for Mclaren... Nevertheless, considering that they are still in “rebuilding” phase, it didn’t matter as much.

But Sainz has exceeded my expectations so far, he is performing a great job with very mature drives and delivering for the team... If anything, Norris is the one that has been below what I expected from him this season... But he has also showed flashes of greatness (Bahrain for example) and if considered that is his first season in F1, he is doing a great job in a team that has a name that puts a lot of pressure on every driver.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk