2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mwillems

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

diffuser wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:55
Andres125sx wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 11:22
mwillems wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 01:24

I didn't say it was based on one qualy session, and I'm unsure as to why you'd think that. He's made multiple mistakes at crucial times and has now compromised 3 out of 6 races.

I dont doubt his pace, I doubt his consistency and judgement this season.

I personally dont factor in his performance from years back. He's not number 1 driver level right now no matter what promise he showed in the past.
And I doubt YOUR judgement and bias sincerely.... He compromised 3 out of 6 races? What parallel dimension did you come from?
I think it's a moot point. We have to be grateful to have been able to sign Sainz during an abysmal 2018 season. There were no guarantees that McLaren was not gonna be mired in repeating the 2018 season for foreseeable future.

Before you shiit on Sainz. You have to think about who is available and can you convince them to come to McLaren. Obviously we would have preferred Ricardo but he preferred Renault.

I don't see anybody out there, that would come to McLaren, that would be an upgrade on Sainz.
True, but I'm not really arguing that we made a mistake. My point of view as I expressed it is in fact, that he is great value for money, but not the man to take us forward after next season. So no criticism of the decision to hire him, or arguing that we had much choice.
Give a man a fire, and he will be warm for a night.
Set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

SmallSoldier

Great improvement year on year by Mclaren... I believe we will see Mclaren quiet often as the most improved team y-o-y moving forward.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GoranF1

GPR -A wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:45
M840TR wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:29
There's no strategic alliance of any team with the other unless co-owned. Ferrari are actually the ones leading the consortium demanding tyre change. They sided with Merc on the engines because they finally made a good PU and had invested heavily into the regs.
I have not read a single statement coming from Ferrari "demanding change of tyres" . So there is no reason to believe they are leading it. It's only Red Bull loud mouth which is crying out loud.

Not long ago, Red Bull accused Ferrari and Mercedes of working together.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/f1/news/ ... y-red-bull

Binotto could not be more vocal about it than he was. Check again.
"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication & competence."

GPR-A

GoranF1 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 16:37
GPR -A wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:45
M840TR wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:29
There's no strategic alliance of any team with the other unless co-owned. Ferrari are actually the ones leading the consortium demanding tyre change. They sided with Merc on the engines because they finally made a good PU and had invested heavily into the regs.
I have not read a single statement coming from Ferrari "demanding change of tyres" . So there is no reason to believe they are leading it. It's only Red Bull loud mouth which is crying out loud.

Not long ago, Red Bull accused Ferrari and Mercedes of working together.

https://www.skysports.com/amp/f1/news/ ... y-red-bull

Binotto could not be more vocal about it than he was. Check again.
Sorry. The article simply takes statements from different contexts and stitches it to give weight to foul mouthing about tyres by one team. It has been successful in doing so, because people like yourself ended up believing. Did anyone particularly asked Binotto if he wanted a tyre change? That is where the peoblem is. Red Bull is self representing the 9 yeams, as claimed by Marko whereas McLaren' Zak has clearly denied and said, they understand the tyres. So, clearly, its misrepresentation.

diffuser

mwillems wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 15:31
diffuser wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 14:55
Andres125sx wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 11:22

And I doubt YOUR judgement and bias sincerely.... He compromised 3 out of 6 races? What parallel dimension did you come from?
I think it's a moot point. We have to be grateful to have been able to sign Sainz during an abysmal 2018 season. There were no guarantees that McLaren was not gonna be mired in repeating the 2018 season for foreseeable future.

Before you shiit on Sainz. You have to think about who is available and can you convince them to come to McLaren. Obviously we would have preferred Ricardo but he preferred Renault.

I don't see anybody out there, that would come to McLaren, that would be an upgrade on Sainz.
True, but I'm not really arguing that we made a mistake. My point of view as I expressed it is in fact, that he is great value for money, but not the man to take us forward after next season. So no criticism of the decision to hire him, or arguing that we had much choice.
I'm gonna reserve my judgement till Summer 2020. I think he's been good up until now but then he's only been in 6 races out of 42 over 2 years. We'll have a far better Idea after 30 or so races.

diffuser

SmallSoldier wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 15:47
Great improvement year on year by Mclaren... I believe we will see Mclaren quiet often as the most improved team y-o-y moving forward.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201906 ... 016ec3.jpg

Yeah, McLaren was in full free fall at this point last year. We'll see these kind of improvements over last year at each race from now till the end of the year.

SmallSoldier

diffuser wrote:
SmallSoldier wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 15:47

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201906 ... 016ec3.jpg

Yeah, McLaren was in full free fall at this point last year. We'll see these kind of improvements over last year at each race from now till the end of the year.
A highlight for me this season is not having to watch the team play the “tow game” during qualifying versus the last 4 seasons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth-Piekus

To be honest and that is only my opinion I am a little dissapointed that we haven't secured 6th and 7th when we had the speed to do that all Weekend.Our drivers are doing needless mistakes when it matters. Hopefully today they are gonna reedeem themselves by passing the Renaults and finishing in front of the midfield.

Anyway. Both drivers have to up their game as we should maintain till the end that 4th position in the championship.

SmallSoldier

Darth-Piekus wrote:To be honest and that is only my opinion I am a little dissapointed that we haven't secured 6th and 7th when we had the speed to do that all Weekend.Our drivers are doing needless mistakes when it matters. Hopefully today they are gonna reedeem themselves by passing the Renaults and finishing in front of the midfield.

Anyway. Both drivers have to up their game as we should maintain till the end that 4th position in the championship.
I have a feeling that the team went for a little more downforce in qualifying compared to practice and left a little of lap time in favor of a more favorable race setup... Knowing that they will most probably start in the sorts, having a setup that was kinder on the tires could potentially give them an edge on the race... That’s just my theory :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Darth-Piekus

It remains to be seen. For now guys Fingers Crossed for a clean start and if we gain a position or two then that's welcome otherwise let's give it all to the race.

zoroastar

i have the feeling that they may struggle with tire temps today. hopefully everyone else will more. their q2 laps were faster than q3 because of tires. yep fingers crossed

PhillipM

Well, I think that answered the question of the current Renault vs Honda horsepower quite easily.

PhillipM

So much for the pace this race...

FittingMechanics

Saw him going quite wide few laps earlier. Obviously went too wide this time around. Damn.

Darth-Piekus

Damn. We are unlucky this race. Hopefully Sainz can gather as many points as possible against the rest. We need to remain in 4th.