2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
maxxer
maxxer
2
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:01 am

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

Juzh wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:03 pm
Wynters wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:56 pm
DiogoBrand wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:53 pm


So it was Lewis' fault for not guessing which way he should've gone after Sebastian returns from his trip to the grass.
No, that's not what's being said.

The initial position was that Vettel claimed he (Vettel) could've stayed on the inside line. That was both untrue and significantly impacted some people's view of the event. Juzh was correcting that misconception.
how dare you talking sense around here :D
Give us the telemetry that Vettel was even trying to brake during his trip on the grass , because it looks like he is simply cutting the corner and then flooring it
Last edited by Steven on Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language!

Brake Horse Power
Brake Horse Power
15
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:36 pm

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

I don't like the penalty. If you talk about pure safety.. If a steward thinks this was unsafe you can also blame Hamilton as he was in full control of his car. He could have braked a second earlier bit he didn't. And it makes sense he didn't because he is a racing driver. But he could have avoided himself being in this 'dangerous' situation.

User avatar
F1Krof
72
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

Wynters wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:49 pm
Great race for Renault.
Great race by Lance Stroll (which is not something I'd thought I'd write this season).
Russel beat K-Mag (rebuilt car or not, that's some very good driving)!

Awful race for Bottas (nearly a full minute behind? Really?)
He's like a submarine, goes missing whenever there's any pressure. It's frustrating because he fast when he's out front.
Gasly, Gasly, Gasly. I know he's still getting used to the car but that's an appalling result.

Kimi behind Gio, despite the latter crushing Albon's wing? Issues for The Iceman?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wroom wroom

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar
5
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 8:38 am

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

Brake Horse Power wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:07 pm
I don't like the penalty. If you talk about pure safety.. If a steward thinks this was unsafe you can also blame Hamilton as he was in full control of his car. He could have braked a second earlier bit he didn't. And it makes sense he didn't because he is a racing driver. But he could have avoided himself being in this 'dangerous' situation.
You made my day mate! The lengths you go to accuse HAM, incredible.

Jolle
Jolle
197
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

Brake Horse Power wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:07 pm
I don't like the penalty. If you talk about pure safety.. If a steward thinks this was unsafe you can also blame Hamilton as he was in full control of his car. He could have braked a second earlier bit he didn't. And it makes sense he didn't because he is a racing driver. But he could have avoided himself being in this 'dangerous' situation.
I think you just won the blame game hahahaha

User avatar
NathanOlder
157
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

Schuttelberg wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:20 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGzDkb3UW0w

I don't need to say anything else.
At what point did the car in front not leave enough space, so you do need to say something else.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS4.

User avatar
henry
306
Joined: Mon Feb 23, 2004 7:49 pm
Location: England

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

It seems to me that we can judge this incident on two criteria. We expect drivers too win either because they are faster or because they use superior race craft in defending or overtaking.

In this incident Vettel wasn’t faster through the corner, he was slow enough that Hamilton would have passed him if there was room. In his words he wasn’t in full control when he rejoined the track, so he wasn’t demonstrating skilful race craft. So in my opinion he deserved to lose the place.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

lio007
lio007
319
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:03 pm
Location: Austria

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

Restomaniac wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:44 pm
To change the subject. Gasly is awful.
Starts 5th and finishes 8th whilst his team mate starts 11th and finishes 5th.
To be fair, Max started 9th (because of penalties). But I hardly couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the results.

User avatar
Schuttelberg
80
Joined: Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:02 am

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

Just to lighten up the mood and because we can't do crap about the results-

Did any of you follow the post qualifying press conference?

And if you did, did you guys see the response from the question by 'graining?' :lol: :lol:
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

User avatar
NathanOlder
157
Joined: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:05 am
Location: Kent

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

Bill_Kar wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:25 pm

Imagine Jackie Stewart right now :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Made my day =D> :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS4.

maxxer
maxxer
2
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 11:01 am

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

So i am curious everyone here who is so upset about Vettel getting this penalty , if all drivers start taking this shortcut around that corner and others , where it might be astro turf or what.
Do you agree drivers to take the shortcut? so if lewis or other drivers this race would have just driven over the grass it would never be a penalty ? we can just stop racing then and make a straight line from start to finish
Lovely vettel cut a part of the track and got a penalty he could have lift and such, but cutting parts of a circuit means you gain a time advantage thats why we get all these silly curbs now which break cars for doing it.

Jolle
Jolle
197
Joined: Wed Jan 29, 2014 9:58 pm
Location: Dordrecht

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

maxxer wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:16 pm
So i am curious everyone here who is so upset about Vettel getting this penalty , if all drivers start taking this shortcut around that corner and others , where it might be astro turf or what.
Do you agree drivers to take the shortcut? so if lewis or other drivers this race would have just driven over the grass it would never be a penalty ? we can just stop racing then and make a straight line from start to finish
Lovely vettel cut a part of the track and got a penalty he could have lift and such, but cutting parts of a circuit means you gain a time advantage thats why we get all these silly curbs now which break cars for doing it.
Again, Vettel didn't get a penalty for cutting a corner or gaining un unfair advantage but for unsafe rejoining of the track.

loekf2
loekf2
1
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:51 pm

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

maxxer wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:16 pm
So i am curious everyone here who is so upset about Vettel getting this penalty , if all drivers start taking this shortcut around that corner and others , where it might be astro turf or what.
Do you agree drivers to take the shortcut? so if lewis or other drivers this race would have just driven over the grass it would never be a penalty ? we can just stop racing then and make a straight line from start to finish
Lovely vettel cut a part of the track and got a penalty he could have lift and such, but cutting parts of a circuit means you gain a time advantage thats why we get all these silly curbs now which break cars for doing it.
Nonsense, where could he go ? You could blame him for not checking his mirrors earlier, but he was too busy keeping his car from hitting a wall.

dans79
dans79
248
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 6:33 pm
Location: USA

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

Jolle wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:17 pm
Again, Vettel didn't get a penalty for cutting a corner or gaining un unfair advantage but for unsafe rejoining of the track.
the problem is far too many people don't want to hear that they just want to hear what they want to hear!
160 96 91 6

Restomaniac
Restomaniac
8
Joined: Mon May 16, 2016 12:09 am
Location: Hull

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Post

lio007 wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:13 pm
Restomaniac wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 9:44 pm
To change the subject. Gasly is awful.
Starts 5th and finishes 8th whilst his team mate starts 11th and finishes 5th.
To be fair, Max started 9th (because of penalties). But I hardly couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the results.
Yeah forgot about those. But still as you say Gasly wasn’t very good.