2019 Canadian Grand Prix - Montreal June 7-9

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
maxxer

Re: 2019 Canadian Grand Prix, Montreal June 7-9

Juzh wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 23:03
Wynters wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:56
DiogoBrand wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:53

So it was Lewis' fault for not guessing which way he should've gone after Sebastian returns from his trip to the grass.
No, that's not what's being said.

The initial position was that Vettel claimed he (Vettel) could've stayed on the inside line. That was both untrue and significantly impacted some people's view of the event. Juzh was correcting that misconception.
how dare you talking sense around here :D
Give us the telemetry that Vettel was even trying to brake during his trip on the grass , because it looks like he is simply cutting the corner and then flooring it
Last edited by Steven on 09 Jun 2019, 23:28, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Language!

Brake Horse Power

I don't like the penalty. If you talk about pure safety.. If a steward thinks this was unsafe you can also blame Hamilton as he was in full control of his car. He could have braked a second earlier bit he didn't. And it makes sense he didn't because he is a racing driver. But he could have avoided himself being in this 'dangerous' situation.

F1Krof

Wynters wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:49
Great race for Renault.
Great race by Lance Stroll (which is not something I'd thought I'd write this season).
Russel beat K-Mag (rebuilt car or not, that's some very good driving)!

Awful race for Bottas (nearly a full minute behind? Really?)
He's like a submarine, goes missing whenever there's any pressure. It's frustrating because he fast when he's out front.
Gasly, Gasly, Gasly. I know he's still getting used to the car but that's an appalling result.

Kimi behind Gio, despite the latter crushing Albon's wing? Issues for The Iceman?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wroom wroom

Bill_Kar

Brake Horse Power wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 23:07
I don't like the penalty. If you talk about pure safety.. If a steward thinks this was unsafe you can also blame Hamilton as he was in full control of his car. He could have braked a second earlier bit he didn't. And it makes sense he didn't because he is a racing driver. But he could have avoided himself being in this 'dangerous' situation.
You made my day mate! The lengths you go to accuse HAM, incredible.

Jolle

Brake Horse Power wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 23:07
I think you just won the blame game hahahaha

NathanOlder

Schuttelberg wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:20
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGzDkb3UW0w

I don't need to say anything else.
At what point did the car in front not leave enough space, so you do need to say something else.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

henry

It seems to me that we can judge this incident on two criteria. We expect drivers too win either because they are faster or because they use superior race craft in defending or overtaking.

In this incident Vettel wasn’t faster through the corner, he was slow enough that Hamilton would have passed him if there was room. In his words he wasn’t in full control when he rejoined the track, so he wasn’t demonstrating skilful race craft. So in my opinion he deserved to lose the place.
Fortune favours the prepared; she has no favourites and takes no sides.
Truth is confirmed by inspection and delay; falsehood by haste and uncertainty : Tacitus

lio007

Restomaniac wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:44
To change the subject. Gasly is awful.
Starts 5th and finishes 8th whilst his team mate starts 11th and finishes 5th.
To be fair, Max started 9th (because of penalties). But I hardly couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the results.

Schuttelberg

Just to lighten up the mood and because we can't do crap about the results-

Did any of you follow the post qualifying press conference?

And if you did, did you guys see the response from the question by 'graining?' :lol: :lol:
"Sebastian there's very, you're a member of a very select few.. Stewart, Lauda, Piquet, Senna, Prost, Schumacher, Fangio.. VETTEL!"

NathanOlder

Bill_Kar wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:25

Imagine Jackie Stewart right now :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Made my day =D> :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

maxxer

So i am curious everyone here who is so upset about Vettel getting this penalty , if all drivers start taking this shortcut around that corner and others , where it might be astro turf or what.
Do you agree drivers to take the shortcut? so if lewis or other drivers this race would have just driven over the grass it would never be a penalty ? we can just stop racing then and make a straight line from start to finish
Lovely vettel cut a part of the track and got a penalty he could have lift and such, but cutting parts of a circuit means you gain a time advantage thats why we get all these silly curbs now which break cars for doing it.

Jolle

maxxer wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 23:16
So i am curious everyone here who is so upset about Vettel getting this penalty , if all drivers start taking this shortcut around that corner and others , where it might be astro turf or what.
Do you agree drivers to take the shortcut? so if lewis or other drivers this race would have just driven over the grass it would never be a penalty ? we can just stop racing then and make a straight line from start to finish
Lovely vettel cut a part of the track and got a penalty he could have lift and such, but cutting parts of a circuit means you gain a time advantage thats why we get all these silly curbs now which break cars for doing it.
Again, Vettel didn't get a penalty for cutting a corner or gaining un unfair advantage but for unsafe rejoining of the track.

loekf2

maxxer wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 23:16
Nonsense, where could he go ? You could blame him for not checking his mirrors earlier, but he was too busy keeping his car from hitting a wall.

dans79

Jolle wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 23:17
Again, Vettel didn't get a penalty for cutting a corner or gaining un unfair advantage but for unsafe rejoining of the track.
the problem is far too many people don't want to hear that they just want to hear what they want to hear!
197 104 103 7

Restomaniac

lio007 wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 23:13
Restomaniac wrote:
09 Jun 2019, 22:44
To change the subject. Gasly is awful.
Starts 5th and finishes 8th whilst his team mate starts 11th and finishes 5th.
To be fair, Max started 9th (because of penalties). But I hardly couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the results.
Yeah forgot about those. But still as you say Gasly wasn’t very good.