Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Sebi80

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Kubica=Ferrari

marmer

Sebi80 wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 19:15
Kubica=Ferrari
Sources would be good or I will want what your smoking

NathanOlder

marmer wrote:
30 Oct 2018, 19:59
Sebi80 wrote:
Kubica=Ferrari
Sources would be good or I will want what your smoking
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/kubi ... s/3205610/

https://www.pitpass.com/63399/Kubica-li ... at-Ferrari
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Raleigh

As development driver. Doesn't mean a lot.

He wouldn't even be reserve driver even according to the pitpass article.

Manoah2u

IIRC he was in negotiations with Ferrari before his rally accident whilst still driving for Renault.

I think Kubica knows he's just not gonna race in F1.
Coughing up 20 million is a serious thing, where is he ever going to get the sponsors to do that, just to pay off his insurance?
He wouldn't have earned a single dollar yet, so pretty hard to achieve, when the question still remains whether he'll even be able
to get along with the speed of the pack. Williams right now is a cr*p team so he'd only be driving at the back, but even then,
if he'd be beaten by Sirotkin this year, or by Russell next year, that's not good for either himself nor his 'legacy'.

I think he knows this and knows he's just not gonna get a race seat. Then there's an opportunity to work at Ferrari, get good payment,
do development work for F1 cars, and probably get the chance to race Ferrari racecars (not f1) in certain classes or demo's.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

netoperek

I wouldn't be so sure about those alleged 20 milions. I have never read any solid source other than retold rumors of unknown origin. IIRC, those started back when Palmer was useless in Renault and Robert was a candidate to replace him for few races. Some said back then that he would have to have an insurance costing as much as it costs for whole season only to start in couple of races. That then escalated quickly into what we can read today. I might be wrong obviously, but it doesn't seem very plausible, considering that here have never been any sources claiming that he ever got that kind on money after his accident.

PlatinumZealot

20 million is absurd. Sergei and Lance got seats for less than that.

Hmm. Actually F1 is running out of paid seats!

Sauber is under Fiat umbrella - don't need your money.

Torro Rosso will only give tests for cash.

Force India has been bought out and locked out by two billionaire boys.

Haas doesn't care for pay drivers and probably never will.

Renault is factory owned and serious about competing.

Williams is the only pay to play setup right now!
Sad.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
01 Nov 2018, 10:27
IIRC he was in negotiations with Ferrari before his rally accident whilst still driving for Renault.

I think Kubica knows he's just not gonna race in F1.
Coughing up 20 million is a serious thing, where is he ever going to get the sponsors to do that, just to pay off his insurance?
He wouldn't have earned a single dollar yet, so pretty hard to achieve, when the question still remains whether he'll even be able
to get along with the speed of the pack. Williams right now is a cr*p team so he'd only be driving at the back, but even then,
if he'd be beaten by Sirotkin this year, or by Russell next year, that's not good for either himself nor his 'legacy'.

I think he knows this and knows he's just not gonna get a race seat. Then there's an opportunity to work at Ferrari, get good payment,
do development work for F1 cars, and probably get the chance to race Ferrari racecars (not f1) in certain classes or demo's.
I do not think the problem (or cost) is for his next racing insurance, but for his previous cover.
He says he was 'paid out' as he could no longer drive a race car (I really do not know where or when I read it, so will not debate if anyone corrects me) and if he now becomes a F1 driver again, I would assume the insurance company will chase him for some repayment of his awarded damage.

If he put a good case forward for his projected earnings at the time, it could easily come to 20 million, of which they will now want a chunk back as he is earning as a driver again, which he claimed he could not.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

JordanMugen

Sebi80 wrote:
Kubica=Ferrari
...in GTE? :wink:

It would seem the most plausible place where Kubica would join and drive as a Ferrari driver. Much like Fisichella.

zgred

Kubica has Williams F1 seat offer for 2019
motorsport.com wrote:Robert Kubica is understood to have a race drive on offer from Williams for the 2019 Formula 1 season, as well as a chance to take a reserve role with Ferrari.

Kubica says he will make a decision on his future in the next few days, after this weekend’s Brazilian Grand Prix.

“I think we are quite close to the decision,” Kubica told Motorsport.com. "From my point of view I'm getting there, and I have a deadline very soon, in my head let's say. It will be within a few days, what I decide, what I want to do, and what I think is the best direction for me.
:?: :shock: [-o<

Edit: Now this very same article title is: "Kubica in frame for 2019 Williams drive" and Polish media is reporting outrage in Williams leading to the title change. Silly Season keeps on fighting for survival.
Last edited by zgred on 09 Nov 2018, 22:47, edited 1 time in total.

marmer

zgred wrote:
09 Nov 2018, 20:09
Kubica has Williams F1 seat offer for 2019
motorsport.com wrote:Robert Kubica is understood to have a race drive on offer from Williams for the 2019 Formula 1 season, as well as a chance to take a reserve role with Ferrari.

Kubica says he will make a decision on his future in the next few days, after this weekend’s Brazilian Grand Prix.

“I think we are quite close to the decision,” Kubica told Motorsport.com. "From my point of view I'm getting there, and I have a deadline very soon, in my head let's say. It will be within a few days, what I decide, what I want to do, and what I think is the best direction for me.
:?: :shock: [-o<
Kubica better not be playing with us I don't want to be blue balled again

kptaylor

Could be Williams playing Toto for an engine deal to take Ocon...

iotar__

iotar__ wrote:
25 Sep 2018, 15:19
Giovinazzi - Sauber

Who says nationality is not similar to paying for seats? Sauber = new Toro Rosso. Unless of course Giovinazzi turns out to be good.
How is that working out for you voting experts?

BTW your points system is good as ever. Some healthy F1 fan dug out and voted on a post from september '18. Just add voting to race threads, spare them the digging :wink: .

roon

What's next for Vettel? And how soon.

Seems like Merc, BOT, and HAM have no reason to make changes for many more seasons.

Is Verstappen to Ferrari possible?

izzy

roon wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 17:29
What's next for Vettel? And how soon.

Seems like Merc, BOT, and HAM have no reason to make changes for many more seasons.

Is Verstappen to Ferrari possible?
Seb will stay, is my feeling, and Ferrari will keep him until Charles is better than him. Seb is not made of glass, he is stubborn and has that one mission. He does seriously need a win tho

Max isn't going anywhere, he's still 21 and too extreme to mix in anybody else's cocktail

What is there for Ocon, is a question for me? Mind you i don't know what Toto sees in him to start with