2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
epo
epo

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

McMika98 wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 21:32
rogazilla wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:05

:D :D
Best I heard in years! Anyone who has been watching F1 and think Gasly's time is representative of what the Red bull hardware can do should just be laughed at as a comedian here! Looking at this the other way, Ric and Hulk with their massively superior engine and their experiences, they can only lap around just ahead of Gasly. I think Renault over paid their drivers.
Haha nice one. So on tracks where engine does not matter Redbull and Toro rosso have scored and qualified very well. Then miraculously even Verstappen thinks that he would end up P5 had he qualified P3.
Renault did not bring any updates yet Dan who we know would be few tenths behind Max was within few tenths of Leclrec. People are shitting on Gasly but he is about the level of Hulk and Sainz.
Dude, what are you smoking today? All your posts today are all complete nonsense, stop it please.

loner

Wouter wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:47
loner wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 14:24
well if they introduce new batteries they will have grid penalties .
Why new batteries? They had new batteries last race in Canada, TWO days ago!
i said if...
as i said its very clear spec 2 was a precaution reliability upgrade the spec 3 France update is the originally Canadian update just like the Mercs , so whatever they did in spec 2 will be carried to spec 3 make it last for 7 races at least thats what Honda think.. so iam not expecting any one from Honda to say slightly more power in fact iam expecting a decent step forward since they already behind power wise.
para bellum.

Edax

rogazilla wrote:
McMika98 wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 23:01

Granted the chassis isnt quite Merc level but it is clearly better than Renault yet both cars were ahead of Gasly who was on similar startegy.
This year we have two teams to get extra data, what is coincidental so far is on power tracks all Honda cars suffer. I would rather an engine upgrade asap.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
Best I heard in years! Anyone who has been watching F1 and think Gasly's time is representative of what the Red bull hardware can do should just be laughed at as a comedian here! Looking at this the other way, Ric and Hulk with their massively superior engine and their experiences, they can only lap around just ahead of Gasly. I think Renault over paid their drivers.
For Gastly I am still not sure. He has demonstrated that he is a fast driver, but this car just doesn’t suit him. As he stated himself he doesn’t have confidence in the rear. No confidence quickly translates into seconds lost, premature tire wear, brake wear etc. my guess is that either the car has some driveability issues that MAx is better in circumventing, or Max himself is taking the car in a direction that doesn’t work for Gasly.

And it is not like we have not seen that before, even with great drivers. I mean Schumacher liked his car to be very agile, as that helped him with transitions, but everyone else hated it, they couldn’t control it, it made them look like amateurs.

In MotoGP Nicky Hayden spend a good year trying to figure out how Stoner could be fast with that front end ( and breaking most of his bones in the process).

So it may wel be that in the next few races it suddenly clicks between him and the car and we’re talking about Gasly 2.0. Or not and then I guess it is game over.

McMika98

epo wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 21:46

Dude, what are you smoking today? All your posts today are all complete nonsense, stop it please.
My mouth is full of humble pies with bitter taste taste of crow. Never had i ever in my wildest dream thought that there would be a day when Cryil Abullshitter would be vindicated.
Signing out now, wake me up when we get the next win.

F1Krof

Edax wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 21:51
rogazilla wrote:
McMika98 wrote:
10 Jun 2019, 23:01

Granted the chassis isnt quite Merc level but it is clearly better than Renault yet both cars were ahead of Gasly who was on similar startegy.
This year we have two teams to get extra data, what is coincidental so far is on power tracks all Honda cars suffer. I would rather an engine upgrade asap.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
For Gastly I am still not sure. He has demonstrated that he is a fast driver, but this car just doesn’t suit him. As he stated himself he doesn’t have confidence in the rear. No confidence quickly translates into seconds lost, premature tire wear, brake wear etc. my guess is that either the car has some driveability issues that MAx is better in circumventing, or Max himself is taking the car in a direction that doesn’t work for Gasly.

And it is not like we have not seen that before, even with great drivers. I mean Schumacher liked his car to be very agile, as that helped him with transitions, but everyone else hated it, they couldn’t control it, it made them look like amateurs.

In MotoGP Nicky Hayden spend a good year trying to figure out how Stoner could be fast with that front end ( and breaking most of his bones in the process).

So it may wel be that in the next few races it suddenly clicks between him and the car and we’re talking about Gasly 2.0. Or not and then I guess it is game over.
Gasly 2.0 better come very soon, otherwise knowing the old pal (Dr. Marko), his going to be switched with Danyl or Albon. I just have one concern if on in-season testing they grab Danyl or Albon just to compare the speeds with Gasly, it shows that they're better than him. His ass be gone for sure (hope not though).
Wroom wroom

ispano6

Maplesoup wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 19:33
ispano6 wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 15:42
Spec 2 was a reliability upgrade so that Spec 2s higher engine modes could be used longer for race pace. Energy store and Control electronics were just upgraded.

Spec 3 will be a power boost mostly for qualifying modes but also push to pass situations.

Spec 4 will be reliability and race pace upgrades again.

The heat of this past Canadian GP showed some teams came prepared for it with upgraded brakes. But Tanabe said the intake temperature was too high if you were close behind a car so they asked to keep a distance to keep the engine cool until the point of attack.

Red Bulls car problem is short wheelbase and floor. Once this is changed, the grip issues should naturally get better with more DF from the larger floor.
All speculation, apart from the spec 2 which we know about. Also there is nothing wrong with the wheelbase of the red bull.

Stop spewing out information without actual reference.
You don't have to believe me. Go find it for yourself in the language of your choosing.

The aim was to get the PUs reliable enough that they felt it could handle 7 races, and at the 8th race introduce the next spec. France is the timing a power upgrade was supposed to happen, but a small change necessitated what we call Spec2, which Tanabe said was a small update for reliability. So anyone who has a brain would know Spec3 is really the intended boost that we all know IHI has been working on since November.
Last edited by ispano6 on 12 Jun 2019, 03:54, edited 1 time in total.

ispano6

loekf2 wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 20:48
ispano6 wrote:
11 Jun 2019, 15:42
Spec 2 was a reliability upgrade so that Spec 2s higher engine modes could be used longer for race pace. Energy store and Control electronics were just upgraded.

Spec 3 will be a power boost mostly for qualifying modes but also push to pass situations.

Spec 4 will be reliability and race pace upgrades again.

The heat of this past Canadian GP showed some teams came prepared for it with upgraded brakes. But Tanabe said the intake temperature was too high if you were close behind a car so they asked to keep a distance to keep the engine cool until the point of attack.

Red Bulls car problem is short wheelbase and floor. Once this is changed, the grip issues should naturally get better with more DF from the larger floor.
Can you explain the wheelbase issue ? As far as I know the 2019 car is considerable longer than the RB14, even longer than the Ferrari, still a little bit shorter than the Mercedes.
The shorter wheelbase issue is one that usually is accounted for by higher rake, which is lower for RB15. Max is complaining about power, grip, and balance.

Overall, the balance is what is most important because it connects to drivability and tire preservation. Grip provides confidence to the driver to push into the corners while optimizimg tire temperatures.
Do you develop toward increasing your floor area or rake angle? How does that balance with your wings and bargeboards?

hasika

Pierre Waché said they hope they can bring upgrades from both chassis and engine side in France GP.

Alexf1

Interesting. Do you have a link?

Wouter

Alexf1 wrote:
12 Jun 2019, 11:14
Interesting. Do you have a link?
Thank you @Hasika.

@Alex, Page 3 and 4.
https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... _split_13/
The Power of Dreams!

Wouter

Helmut Marko just confirmed a new engine in France.

Ahhh... Erstens einmal sind wir sehr zufrieden mit Honda, mit der Zuverlässigkeit. Wir sind bei der Power hinten, aber wir bekommen in Paul Ricard einen neuen Motor, der nicht unbedingt den großen Schritt macht, den bekommen wir erst in Monza. Bei Honda sind sie dabei, den Rückstand aufzuholen. Aber frage nicht, wie groß der Aufwand ist. Die Prüfstände in Japan laufen Tag und Nacht.
Ahhh ... First of all, we are very happy with Honda, with the reliability. We're back in power, but
we're getting a new engine at Paul Ricard, which does not necessarily take the big step, we'll get that in Monza.
At Honda, they are catching up. But do not ask how big the effort is. The test benches in Japan run day and night.

http://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/1 ... loest.html
The Power of Dreams!

Bill

The goal was to be real competitive in the second part of season and to use 5 pu ,I think some of you have lost sight of that

etusch

Wouter wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 13:12
Helmut Marko just confirmed a new engine in France.

Ahhh... Erstens einmal sind wir sehr zufrieden mit Honda, mit der Zuverlässigkeit. Wir sind bei der Power hinten, aber wir bekommen in Paul Ricard einen neuen Motor, der nicht unbedingt den großen Schritt macht, den bekommen wir erst in Monza. Bei Honda sind sie dabei, den Rückstand aufzuholen. Aber frage nicht, wie groß der Aufwand ist. Die Prüfstände in Japan laufen Tag und Nacht.
Ahhh ... First of all, we are very happy with Honda, with the reliability. We're back in power, but
we're getting a new engine at Paul Ricard, which does not necessarily take the big step, we'll get that in Monza.
At Honda, they are catching up. But do not ask how big the effort is. The test benches in Japan run day and night.

http://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/1 ... loest.html
Hope big step in monza is really big step

godlameroso

The engine in France is a decent step in allowing more chassis performance and a small bump in power and efficiency.
Saishū kōnā

Wouter

godlameroso wrote:
13 Jun 2019, 14:55
The engine in France is a decent step in allowing more chassis performance.
Can you explain that? What do you mean by " allowing more chassis performance"? How?
The Power of Dreams!