2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ispano6

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

https://www.gpblog.com/en/news/40361/jo ... -now-.html

Glad to see that Jos had faith in Red Bull Honda!

seense
seense

This is a great result! Still, very curious if the pace was down to updates on chassis/engine or more to the exceptional high temperatures. Lets see in coming races.

rogazilla
rogazilla

I think Gas gets more races. He was good and close to max when they both had upgrades on during practice. Will be interesting to see if he gets closer to Max with the same package.

It makes me want to link the PU to aero development they mentioned which allowed them to run at high temp, high altitude. However as they go back to sea level other teams Pu can run better. Remain to be seen in a couple of weeks. One thing I wonder is how good the package will work in long corners which there isn’t as many today.

yener

Piera aka 7 tenths Gasly. This guy is every race at least 7 tenths slower over 1 lap. Also in Quali. You can't have any excuses with facts like that. You can not wait another couple of races and give him the benefit of doubts. This guy is just not fast enough. Maybe it's the car, maybe Max can squeeze the car to unnatural speeds, but its a clear fact that he is to slow.
A Riciardo would have helped by keeping Vettel a couple of laps behind him, or at least 1 corner. Even that seems to difficult for him. Look how Max passed Lando. Pierre needed almost he half race to get past. It's time to change the seat. I know Helmut is thinking the same.
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

spin1/2
spin1/2

lio007 wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 22:17
Ah...I can't resist: wonder what Cyril and McLaren are thinking now.
It's when you dumped your ex for holding you back, but it turns out you were holding them back. :lol: :wtf:

GhostF1
GhostF1

seense wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 00:27
This is a great result! Still, very curious if the pace was down to updates on chassis/engine or more to the exceptional high temperatures. Lets see in coming races.
Horner attributed his blistering pace to masterclassing the first corner which gave him flying speed up the first straight. As for Honda during the race. Their top speeds were above Merc (I know they were running a little detuned due to overheating, but that's part of the game) and was within 2kph of Ferrari. Honda had a great showing here, just off the back of Marko asking them to risk more and unlock more power.
Hearing them give Max Mode 11 for the final 12 laps is hugely satisfying. They obviously have zero issues with fuel consumption. The chassis/aero update also looked positive.

Singabule
Singabule

ispano6 wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 23:41
To be fair Gasly didn't have the package to perform. Max was spot on - a little grip from better balance and Honda turning up the wick when other's had to turn it down made a difference. Gasly should clear the midfield when he gets his upgrades.

Honda gave a shout out to Toro Rosso for helping them get on the right path, and before the season started credited Pierre Gasly's P4 finish for leading the way. So taking that into account, this win is also thanks to Pierre.
Yes all connected. Even if Marco or Gasly decide to end the contract, honda would happily accept Gasly as their driver in SF or Indy, because all possible coz last year Gasly performance. Gasly still hero nevertheless, and Honda would hardly release him no matter what, except he give funny comments in media.

ispano6

Jambier wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 22:04
Still gaining despite weaker engine, good job!
What? weaker engine? Lapped all Renault cars and passed all cars.
We don't need this jealous talk here.

rogazilla
rogazilla

ispano6 wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 03:33
Jambier wrote:
30 Jun 2019, 22:04
Still gaining despite weaker engine, good job!
What? weaker engine? Lapped all Renault cars and passed all cars.
We don't need this jealous talk here.
It is ok. I'd rather have the Honda engine today. Not the powerful Renault that tear its rear wing apart. Not the Ferrari that needs fuel saving and not the Mercedez that needs holes all over the body and still run too hot. Today, Honda is the engine to have, Red bull is the car and Max is the driver. It is the package today.

roon
roon

How many more points would this team have if Ric had stayed? I wonder.

selvam_e2002
selvam_e2002

Please don't judge with a single race. Austria is home race for RB and they are very strong last year as well. I think it is a Newly magic not honda magic. Let wait and see for next couple of races then decide. If they stick with Renault Engine, they would beaten Ferrari for second place and may be challenged for Mec.

Squid
Squid

Gasly has the worst possible combination of deficiencies: He's a poor qualifier and a poor overtaker. He might even have some decent race pace once he gets some clean air, but he can't overtake to save his life. Seeing him flailing behind Kimi for over 30 laps was painful.

ispano6

selvam_e2002 wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 05:45
Please don't judge with a single race. Austria is home race for RB and they are very strong last year as well. I think it is a Newly magic not honda magic. Let wait and see for next couple of races then decide. If they stick with Renault Engine, they would beaten Ferrari for second place and may be challenged for Mec.
Its Newey and Asaki! Like Gordon Murray and Osamu Goto all over again!

Singabule
Singabule

selvam_e2002 wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 05:45
Huahahaha nonsense.. RBR 15 just did not working before this upgrade, even if they change the engine would not help to solve the issue. The problem is RB always have a bad start every year and it takes several races to sort up. Hopefully next year they sort everything earlier hence could chalange the championship.

Singabule
Singabule

Squid wrote:
01 Jul 2019, 06:26
Gasly has the worst possible combination of deficiencies: He's a poor qualifier and a poor overtaker. He might even have some decent race pace once he gets some clean air, but he can't overtake to save his life. Seeing him flailing behind Kimi for over 30 laps was painful.
Reserve your critic for next race when he drive same spec as Max. If still more than 0,5 sec, that unacceptable.