2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Edax

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

holeindalip wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 01:16
Did max have to pass ocon to win that race? No, did he have to pass ocon that corner, that lap? No..
Your post kind of derails at the first sentence and never recovers. It was Ocon who tried to pass verstappen not the other way around. So the correct question would be:” Did Ocon have to pass Ves.........that corner, that lap....”

Let be honest, it was the stupidest lapped incident in F1 since Verstappen Sr crashed into Montoya from a lap down. The push was not nice, but I guess if Ocon would have pulled something like this in nascar he would have still been looking for hist teeth.

Anyway. I don’t think we’ll see Ocon back. Maybe at Williams, but his performance over the past two years was simply not good enough for a top team.

For me, don’t think it will happen, but I wouldn’t mind to see Vettel back. The fight between Vettel and Leclerc is becoming uglier and dirtier by the minute, certainly since China. Throw in the usual Ferrari team mess and it would not surprise me if he will be looking for a change next year. I think he still has enough credit to make the step back. And somehow I have the feeling VET and VES would work.

restless

Ocon was perfectly in his right to try an overtake.
Anyone who thinks otherwise doesn't understand Racing and should stop watching and talking about F1

carisi2k

Brazil last year was a lesson for Max. The incident was 100% Ocons fault but as the leader of the race you have to be more careful when overtaking back markers. Especially back markers who don't like you.

Kyvat I can see getting the seat since he has seemed to have matured but if Red Bull can get a talent like Ocon are you seriously going to tell me they are not going to take that opportunity to sign him.

seense

GhostF1 wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 10:10
007 Theme this weekend for 1,007th GP

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-ne ... rstone-gp/
Hope they don't make use of the smoke screen :roll:

holeindalip

Edax wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 07:54
holeindalip wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 01:16
Did max have to pass ocon to win that race? No, did he have to pass ocon that corner, that lap? No..
Your post kind of derails at the first sentence and never recovers. It was Ocon who tried to pass verstappen not the other way around. So the correct question would be:” Did Ocon have to pass Ves.........that corner, that lap....”

Let be honest, it was the stupidest lapped incident in F1 since Verstappen Sr crashed into Montoya from a lap down. The push was not nice, but I guess if Ocon would have pulled something like this in nascar he would have still been looking for hist teeth.

Anyway. I don’t think we’ll see Ocon back. Maybe at Williams, but his performance over the past two years was simply not good enough for a top team.

For me, don’t think it will happen, but I wouldn’t mind to see Vettel back. The fight between Vettel and Leclerc is becoming uglier and dirtier by the minute, certainly since China. Throw in the usual Ferrari team mess and it would not surprise me if he will be looking for a change next year. I think he still has enough credit to make the step back. And somehow I have the feeling VET and VES would work.

Yup, you are correct on Who was passing whom..apologies

gandharva

Officially the last chance(s) for Gasly. I think he is done if he doesn't show improvements in the next 1-2 races.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/gasl ... l/4492277/

Mansell89

I know a lot of Austria was tyre related but the front end on the Red Bull looked magnificent- back to its very best.

I’m quietly hopeful of the team being a fair bit closer to Mercedes and Ferrari at Silverstone this weekend. Not necessarily when it’s Q3, but definitely in the race.

Wouter

@Wazari-san,

Can Max use his spec 2, which was in the car last time during the crash in FP2, on Fridays again?
Is it back from Sakura in time if the answer is "yes"?
The Power of Dreams!

roon

MakkieT wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 16:01
markc wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 15:42
Number plate of the Aston from Living Daylights Bond movie, in case anyone is wondering why there's a UK numberplate on the back of the wing!
Nice touch by RB.
About the worst Bond movie of them all unfortunately.
Should I read anything in to them putting it on Gasly's car?

Hkbruin2

https://youtu.be/8Joa5pWqnK4

F1 feature on Max’s win!

NL_Fer

Kvyat looks in good shape, and his raw speed was at leas comparable to Ricciardo. But what if Albon’s driving style a better fit to Max’s?

McMika98

NL_Fer wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 22:17
Kvyat looks in good shape, and his raw speed was at leas comparable to Ricciardo. But what if Albon’s driving style a better fit to Max’s?
Albon is driving as fast as Kvyat if not faster and has higher ceiling. To me he is good with the car setup and understands how to extract performance unlike Gasly who is great when the stars line up. Trouble is all of them maybe are not as good an overtaker as Ricciardo which is where Gasly has struggled so far. In terms of racecraft i'd put Albon > Kvyat > Gasly.
On paper the track suits the RedBull as the car is even better than Merc on high speed corners.

TNTHead

McMika98 wrote:
12 Jul 2019, 08:00
NL_Fer wrote:
11 Jul 2019, 22:17
Albon is driving as fast as Kvyat if not faster and has higher ceiling. To me he is good with the car setup and understands how to extract performance unlike Gasly who is great when the stars line up. Trouble is all of them maybe are not as good an overtaker as Ricciardo which is where Gasly has struggled so far. In terms of racecraft i'd put Albon > Kvyat > Gasly.
On paper the track suits the RedBull as the car is even better than Merc on high speed corners.
I agree, question is still, is an early move of Albon also not a disaster in the making. It all depends on confidence. That's what Gasly lacks the most at the moment. I think RB is waiting for the chassis to be at a better level (they are probably almost there), and check if Gasly's performance is coming back to a normal level, let's say within 0.2 s in qualy.

And then, if Vettel reconsiders a move back to RB, they probably go for that.

Wouter

With much more experience than Max, Ricciardo was also slower/less good than Max.
Gasly is now driving his second (!) season in F1. Should he be faster / better than Ricciardo, who is a good driver with a lot of experience? That doesn't seem entirely fair to me.
First of all, let's wait and see how things will continue in the coming races, but it is not realistic to expect him to be just as fast and good as Ricciardo and RBR knew that in advance.
The Power of Dreams!