2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
e30ernest

Re: 2019 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

I also don't know if Hamilton will fit in the Ferrari culture. Mercedes grants Hamilton a lot of freedom. I don't know if Ferrari will be willing to give him that.

marvin78

And nobody (at least here) knows, how other drivers would perform in his situation. Some people talk to much about things and they doe not have a tenth of the data necessary to talk about.

Manoah2u

e30ernest wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 11:24
I also don't know if Hamilton will fit in the Ferrari culture. Mercedes grants Hamilton a lot of freedom. I don't know if Ferrari will be willing to give him that.
I disagree. Ferrari realises they need to change something in their approach.
Vettel does not work. Alonso didn't work.
Leclerc does work, it was a gamble and a risk but it works amazingly well.
Leclerc gets the freedom to race as he wishes and not be Vettel's wingman.

It's positive turnarounds for a team that has capacity but is lost somewhere.

They'd gladly hire Hamilton as he is guaranteed success and experience, much more than Vettel.
They would have many more points if they had Hamilton instead of Vettel.

If that means they need to let Hamilton 'do his thing' in order to be both happy and successfull,
then they'd do that in a heartbeat.
I'm pretty sure they'd only desire that Hamilton does some good Ferrari promotion work.

They'd also take away Mercedes' strongest asset, it would damage Mercedes to steal Lewis from them.

Also, imagine this:
Schumacher got his 7th title with Ferrari (a lot of others too, offcourse).
Imagine how good it would look for Ferrari to get Hamilton a 8th title,
not with Mercedes, but with them.
They would have had the two most successfull F1 drivers win WDC's and WCC's with them.

I think Leclerc-Hamilton is a very strong and fast combination, and Hamilton would push Leclerc even further,
and Leclerc would be a challenge for Hamilton. Leclerc is proven to be able to drive astonishingly fast and battle extremely hard without collision, something very different than Vettel, Rosberg and Massa (in the past).

There would be no pair as strong as that on the field. Even if Verstappen goes to Mercedes,
Max-Valterri would not be as strong as Hamilton-Bottas.
Nor would Verstappen-Albon/Gasly, nor would Bottas-Ocon (won't happen anyway), nor any.
If Mercedes can't get Verstappen if Hamilton leaves, they'd get Ricciardo for sure. Danny-Valterri seems like
a good combo, still, not as strong as Hamilton-LeClerc.

There is zero chance Vettel will go to mercedes if they can get Verstappen or Ricciardo. Both have future,
Vettel reaches the end, even if he's still fast. He might even be faster than Bottas, but isn't a teamplayer like Valterri.

So if there is an opportunity to get Hamilton, they absolutely should.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

diffuser

Polarit wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 02:06
Ferrari's future is Leclrec. He's showing he has what it takes and the fight and character to not worry about a 4 time world champion next to him. They don't need Max.

Hamilton isn't going anywhere and tbh I don't see Mercedes anytime soon putting a driver who may upset the balance next to him. Potentially Ocon.... maybe they'll bring in Russell with strict orders but I think with those top records in sight, they want the brand recognition and accolades of the best ever and tbh they've both deserved them.

Red Bull will do everything in their power to keep Max. I think though after Hamilton in theory equals or breaks records they'll go all out for Max and the next generation or they may pull out and call it job done.

-------

All the arguments about young drivers and Hamilton are silly. He's going to be a 6 time world champion and hold nearly every record in the book. I don't think there's a driver current who can beat him over a season. Too much experience and he's still got speed.
I'd take Bottas in a HB. He's shown he can beat Hamilton. He's just not been lucky.

Also the Merc car means Hamilton doesn't have to take as many risks, it flatters him.

f1universe

Manoah2u wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 13:43
e30ernest wrote:

We will see if Leclerc still works after 5 years without a title.

diffuser

f1universe wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 17:21
Manoah2u wrote:
e30ernest wrote:

Alonso worked... the team failed him repeatedly back then. In his 5 years I don't remember him making 1 gaffe.

Honestly LeClerc doesn't need anybody, except for Ferrari to stop screwing him over in race strategies, Alonso would push him.

GPR-A

diffuser wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 18:25
f1universe wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:

Alonso worked... the team failed him repeatedly back then. In his 5 years I don't remember him making 1 gaffe.

Honestly LeClerc doesn't need anybody but Alonso would push him.
Alonso did not have a SF70H or SF71H at his disposal, both of which were sure shot championship winners. When they had a great driver, the equipment was weak and when they built the right equipment, the driver is weak.

In the current context, Ricciardo would be the best choice for Ferrari and he has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave Renault if Mercedes or Ferrari offer come by. Bottas has one lap pace, but is too weak in races and is a passenger in the on track battles. Ricciardo is equally fast on one lap and is fare more intelligent, clean and ruthless in on track battles.

First and foremost, Ferrari need to fix the problem of their strategists. They need to put people who can outsmart the competition with out-of-the box thinking in strategy and read the race in shrewd and aggressive manner. Their strategy team is too weak and so much centered on Vettel that they lose out on Leclerc, who is clearly the better driver. The amount of stupid disregard they have shown to Leclerc's overall quali/race strategy is downright ugly.

Once they get Ricciardo, they should have two high quality strategy teams to assist both their drivers, lead by a highly decisive leader as their chief strategist. Currently, they are way too weak.

They don't need Hamilton or Alonso or John Cena to lead them. If they can fix their fundamental efficiency problems, they can win the championships with Lec and Ric.

Cbckly917

GPR -A wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 18:44
diffuser wrote:
f1universe wrote:

Alonso did not have a SF70H or SF71H at his disposal, both of which were sure shot championship winners. When they had a great driver, the equipment was weak and when they built the right equipment, the driver is weak.

In the current context, Ricciardo would be the best choice for Ferrari and he has a clause in his contract that would allow him to leave Renault if Mercedes or Ferrari offer come by. Bottas has one lap pace, but is too weak in races and is a passenger in the on track battles. Ricciardo is equally fast on one lap and is fare more intelligent, clean and ruthless in on track battles.

First and foremost, Ferrari need to fix the problem of their strategists. They need to put people who can outsmart the competition with out-of-the box thinking in strategy and read the race in shrewd and aggressive manner. Their strategy team is too weak and so much centered on Vettel that they lose out on Leclerc, who is clearly the better driver. The amount of stupid disregard they have shown to Leclerc's overall quali/race strategy is downright ugly.

Once they get Ricciardo, they should have two high quality strategy teams to assist both their drivers, lead by a highly decisive leader as their chief strategist. Currently, they are way too weak.

They don't need Hamilton or Alonso or John Cena to lead them. If they can fix their fundamental efficiency problems, they can win the championships with Lec and Ric.
Question: How were they sure title winners? The SF70-H had a spell of horrid reliability that opened the point gap into an unassailable deficit, and the SF71 had a botched update package in Singapore that took the car from a small percentage ahead of Mercedes to behind Red Bull at some of the Asian rounds. Saying either car would've won the titles, even without Seb's multiple mistakes in 2018, is laughable.

jumpingfish

Ferrari need not only strategy team, since 2018 they bring updated detailes for car's floor but sometimes it doesn't work. Why? Their pre-calculations, simulations, wind tunnel testing show performance gains, but it doesn't work on the track? Are there any correlation error somewhere that weaken them during the season?

zibby43

jumpingfish wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 08:00
Ferrari need not only strategy team, since 2018 they bring updated detailes for car's floor but sometimes it doesn't work. Why? Their pre-calculations, simulations, wind tunnel testing show performance gains, but it doesn't work on the track? Are there any correlation error somewhere that weaken them during the season?
I read somewhere a few weeks ago (from a reliable source) that the problem lies in making their simulations and wind tunnel testing more representative or real-world conditions. They're currently investing in trying to improve these simulation and testing tools.

falonso81

If I am not mistaken, Binotto said they found why the new floor is not working and they are fixing it. Don't know if it will appear in time for the next round or after the summer break. In the end, even if they fix it, there is no hope in catching Merc which is bringing a whole lot of upgrades at Hockenheim.

santos

falonso81 wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 11:39
If I am not mistaken, Binotto said they found why the new floor is not working and they are fixing it. Don't know if it will appear in time for the next round or after the summer break. In the end, even if they fix it, there is no hope in catching Merc which is bringing a whole lot of upgrades at Hockenheim.
But they got to keep working. There's a second place on the teams standings, and they must learn what is wrong with this car, for not making the same mistake on the next year.

Big Mangalhit

santos wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 11:01
Big Mangalhit wrote:
15 Jul 2019, 16:35
I think Ferrari really needs to throw everything to hire Hamilton. It doesn't even need to be as a driver, can be as a strategist TBH. He showed in Silverstone to be a better strategist inside his own car and with limited information than all of Ferrari pitwall
The most popular driver on the most popular team. It would be good for Ferrari. I bet they would do even more money. But i don't think they need a better driver. They need a better car and be better at strategy. Leclerc gave everything he could on the quali and ended up third. Wich was a surprise for me when looking at the gap. Didn't expect them to be so close. But in the race, Red Bull would take at least the third from him.
Don't say that Vettel is a medium driver. He won 4 titles. At the moment he his not ok. I belive he took a big hit in morality after Canada.
I think you missed my point

Big Mangalhit

GPR -A wrote:
16 Jul 2019, 18:44
diffuser wrote:
f1universe wrote:

Oh gosh Lec and Ric. What a dream lineup!!! 100% agree on the comment

Plus in addition of both Ric and Lec being fast they seem two really easygoing and nice chaps. I think they would pair really nice

Manoah2u

did anybody catch the moment Ricciardo punched Sainz in his nuts during an interview? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"