2019 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jolle

Re: 2019 Haas F1 Team - Ferrari

These kinds of personal attacks without a tongue in cheek humor are very unsporty and have no place in formula one or society. It's almost like they hired trump to write their twitter messages. I hope Gene Haas is better then this and at least distance himself publicly from these kinds of messages or terminate the contract (would be a frist I think, a team terminating a sponsordeal?)

Manoah2u

I honestly think this dude is as deranged as the twitter posts you are seeing, but at the same time, knows it works for selling. shameless pr machining. what a tool.

on another note, am i seeing the rich energy logo different than before or is that my imagination?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

Pyrone89

Aside from the whole RE going on, how is Grosjean not fired yet?
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Jolle

Pyrone89 wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 00:43
One problem: who to replace him with? Not that many superlicened drivers without a contract and willing or able to step in this car.

Pyrone89

Jolle wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 01:08
Pyrone89 wrote:
One problem: who to replace him with? Not that many superlicened drivers without a contract and willing or able to step in this car.
Vergne, Wehrlein, Alonso :mrgreen: , Ocon for the remainder of the season.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

604gtir

add hartley, sirotkin, vandoorne

gshevlin

Jean Eric Vergne is now free for the rest of the season since the Formula E championship ended and he won it! (Although seriously he probably would have to terminate his Formula E contract to drive in F1).
I doubt that Brendon Hartley would be considered. He is under contract to Toyota to drive in LMP1 starting in September, and is the designated Alfa Romeo and Ferrari reserve race driver. Although he does have the Ferrari connection that would smooth the way.
Sergei Sirotkin is potentially available now that SMP Racing is leaving the WEC.

Jolle

Vergne and Wehrlein are under contract by Ferrari and Vandoorne at Mercedes.

PowerandtheGlory

Chuck Alonso in there for the rest of the season... he won’t get on with Magnussen, but they will at least see a Tier 1 driver in their car...
money talks though and Fred will cost them... but the Ferrari connection might be too good to turn down....
“I don't believe in luck, luck is preparation and taking your opportunity” Ross Brawn

garygph

Manoah2u wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 00:25
I honestly think this dude is as deranged as the twitter posts you are seeing, but at the same time, knows it works for selling. shameless pr machining. what a tool.

on another note, am i seeing the rich energy logo different than before or is that my imagination?
Does this answer the question? https://twitter.com/rich_energy/status/ ... 70177?s=19

adrianjordan

I'm half expecting it to turn out that the whole Rich Energy thing is a very long and convoluted marketing ploy by Red Bull... Lol
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

drunkf1fan

Jolle wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 08:31
Vergne and Wehrlein are under contract by Ferrari and Vandoorne at Mercedes.
99% of these contracts either have a straight up "if you can get a drive you can leave for nothing" clause, or teams simply know that screwing test/sim drivers out of drives by holding them to contracts would stop drivers helping them out with sim running. Basically if a drive comes up no team begrudges a guy leaving basically immediately from any kind of test driving contract.

Likewise I sincerely doubt Vergne's team would require him to cancel his contract if he got a drive for Haas for the remainder of this season however if he intended to continue in F1 next season then yes they'd cancel the FE contract and bring in someone else. Considering he can drive the rest of the season without it getting in the way of FE he could do both.

bauc

Pyrone89 wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 01:44
Jolle wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 01:08
Pyrone89 wrote:
Vergne, Wehrlein, Alonso :mrgreen: , Ocon for the remainder of the season.
Rumors on some local sport media's here say Ocon to replace Grosjean, however with the amount of click baits on the net these day's I would hold for any official announcement maybe after the summer brake, as if Roman is being replaced whoever will take his place will need to do a seat fitting first
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

Maplesoup

So, lightning volt Haas? Not sure on the name. Should see a different livery as well. Yellow and black maybe?

Tattoo-

bauc wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 14:17
Rumors on some local sport media's here say Ocon to replace Grosjean.
They don't know what they are talking about...Ocon is tied to Mercedes and they will never allow him to race with Ferrari satellite! :-$
"There are only three sports: bull fighting, car racing and mountain climbing. The rest are mere games!" - Ernest Hemingway