Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Are Schumacher's WDC and Win records under threat of being eclipsed?

Will the 7 WDC record be broken?
3%
Will the 91 Victory record be broken?
26%
Neither record will be broken.
12%
Both records will be broken.
59%

Total votes: 172

Roman

Re: Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

I believe it is rather hard to drive a race car, let alone a F1 car, with two fingers in your nose. Would probably need a special helmet. However, if he manages to become WDC while constantly driving with two fingers in his nose then he would surely be the greatest of all time ;)

And yes, Ham will probably break both of MSC records within the next season as I do not see any team-driver combination even remotely challenging Merc-Ham.

Pyrone89

selvam_e2002 wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 13:59
100% the 7wdc title will not be broken. 2021 new WDC not Hamilton.
Euhm, 2019 plus 2020 will make 7 titles. And seeing that Merc has double the aero staff of RB accordimg to Newey I actually expect their advantage to be only greater come 2022.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Jolle

Pyrone89 wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 23:24
selvam_e2002 wrote:
17 Jul 2019, 13:59
100% the 7wdc title will not be broken. 2021 new WDC not Hamilton.
Euhm, 2019 plus 2020 will make 7 titles. And seeing that Merc has double the aero staff of RB accordimg to Newey I actually expect their advantage to be only greater come 2022.
Plus, Mercedes (and Brawn before that) nailed the last couple of rule changes. RedBull not so much...

Pyrone89

My prediction: Hamilton will retire with 10 WDC and 120 wins unless he gets a real equally good teammate or someone who has that potential. And I can only see that being Max Verstappen. So please Max, go to Mercedes.

selvam_e2002

I don't think Hamilton will win 10WDC. I doubt that.

MAX -- long way to go. Let see where he lands after 2021.

Pyrone89

selvam_e2002 wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 10:59

Well, HAM wil have 7 WDC by the end of 2020 if Mercedes keeps this up. If Mercedes again nails the next reg changes like they did the previous 2 times due to their enormous 2000 man staff (they can apparently work full out on 3 models at the same time) that is going to give him at least 1 or 2 more, and then you are only 1 shy of 10.

Everything hinges on Mercedes ofcourse. If they hadn't dominated we would be talking about a 1x WDC with around 30 or 35 victories.

NathanOlder

Pyrone89 wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 11:51
selvam_e2002 wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 10:59

Well, HAM wil have 7 WDC by the end of 2020 if Mercedes keeps this up. If Mercedes again nails the next reg changes like they did the previous 2 times due to their enormous 2000 man staff (they can apparently work full out on 3 models at the same time) that is going to give him at least 1 or 2 more, and then you are only 1 shy of 10.

Everything hinges on Mercedes ofcourse. If they hadn't dominated we would be talking about a 1x WDC with around 30 or 35 victories.
but that would mean Lewis staying at Mercedes for 7yrs in an uncompetitive car.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

TAG

Pyrone89 wrote:

I think the current record holder also benefited from an enormous staff, private testing facilities and tires made specifically to suit. Comparisons are bi directional.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GPR-A

TAG wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 16:22
Pyrone89 wrote:

I think the current record holder also benefited from an enormous staff, private testing facilities and tires made specifically to suit. Comparisons are bi directional.
Plus, the highly sophisticated CFD systems and 3D Printing for a faster manufacturing.

Sieper

TAG wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

I think that comparison was not aimed at The Schumi imperium, but rather the current competitors of Mercedes.

TAG

Sieper wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 17:46
TAG wrote:
Pyrone89 wrote:

I think that comparison was not aimed at The Schumi imperium, but rather the current competitors of Mercedes.
I understand, which is why I pointed out it's the same difference so to speak.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Sieper

True.

Not meant to take anything away from Hamiltons performance. He is as Dominant as schumi was but without the dark side of schumi’s will to win. I do think Hamilton is very good at playing everybody around him to make sure he has the best chance. That might (is) even be the more effective approach.

ringo

So 10 more wins to equal shumi. He may cut that down to 5 by the end of this season.
Next season i think redbull will be the best car. Mercedes is looking a bit mortal now.
For Sure!!

Fulcrum

Fulcrum wrote:
29 Oct 2018, 17:48
The race record is the most likely to be broken, realistically only by Hamilton.

With respect to Hamilton, his longest interval of time taken to win 20 races spans 2008 to the beginning of 2014; 7 years of race entries - even though this was achieved early in 2014. Bear in mind that during his entire McLaren career, 6 years, he "only" won 21 races.

Since joining Mercedes, his average time to achieve 20 race wins has averaged 3 years, if you include the 2013 year; 2 since then.

Schumacher himself took 3 years (2004-2006), including the mega-dominant 2004 where he won 13 of 18 races, to move from 70 wins to 91.

Considering the increased competitiveness of Ferrari (hopefully Red Bull), my vague forecast would be for late to mid-2021. Any major shift in competitiveness pushes this out by years though.

The best case scenario is, 2 more years like the last 5, end of 2020 he has 7 championships and 90-92 race wins.
Resurrecting my prediction. It looks like the best case - 2020 scenario is proving to be more accurate, and he's usually 'better', a strange relative concept considering how good he is, in the latter half of the year.

Ferrari have fallen away to the point where they don't appear to have the pace to win races, outside of specific circuits. Bottas no longer looks like a realistic threat to poach wins from Hamilton. And, while Red Bull is much improved, its only in the hands of Verstappen.

Realistically, on any given weekend, if Hamilton or the team don't bin it, he's going to be in the top 3 and fighting for the win, with a 50% of winning (imo).

Year end, unless there is a Vettel-2018-like meltdown, he'll probably be on 85, 86 or 87 wins, 86 being the most likely.

A new year can bring great change, but I suspect 2020 won't be such a year, and Hamilton will surpass Schumacher's race record; possibly at Silverstone, more realistically in Canada or Hungary.

TAG

Time to once again dust off this thread, 6 titles and 83 races. I was doubtful of 7 titles and the 7th will be the toughest one to get IMO but I believe that the 91 falls next season.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत