2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
mclaren111

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Is there a test again after Hungary like last year ??

_cerber1

mclaren111 wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 09:10
Is there a test again after Hungary like last year ??
No, there will be no more tests during the season.

Ground Effect

_cerber1 wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 07:58
Already working on Hungary. =D>

https://radikal.ru
I wish I had your eyes... :D :shock: :wtf:
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

diffuser

nzjrs wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 06:13
RonDennis wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 23:38
nzjrs wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 23:12

He discusses the first years of the hybrids.
So what? The rule was introduced in 2018. It's no longer allowed.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/26/cus ... ld-closer/
Interesting. Do you disagree with his summary that the engines are opererated by the manufacturer and not team personnel, and that the acceptible risk envelope for customers is different than for manufacturers. Did you enjoy the episode?
I think using higher PU modes more often is a two sided bladed. On the one side you get more power for a longer period. On the other that more power for longer period leads you to have a higher risk of failure.

I remember the year Hamilton lost to Rosberg. Hamilton ask why he was having all the PU issue and nobody else running a Merc PU was. He was making use of the higher PU modes more often...

Ground Effect

diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 13:12
nzjrs wrote:
RonDennis wrote:
18 Jul 2019, 23:38

So what? The rule was introduced in 2018. It's no longer allowed.

https://www.racefans.net/2018/02/26/cus ... ld-closer/
Interesting. Do you disagree with his summary that the engines are opererated by the manufacturer and not team personnel, and that the acceptible risk envelope for customers is different than for manufacturers. Did you enjoy the episode?
I think using higher PU modes more often is a two sided bladed. On the one side you get more power for a longer period. On the other that more power for longer period leads you to have a higher risk of failure.

I remember the year Hamilton lost to Rosberg. Hamilton ask why he was having all the PU issue and nobody else running a Merc PU was. He was making use of the higher PU modes more often...
Really? I didn’t know that was ever confirmed, Lewis using higher modes more often.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

diffuser

Ground Effect wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 13:23
diffuser wrote:
19 Jul 2019, 13:12
nzjrs wrote:

Really? I didn’t know that was ever confirmed, Lewis using higher modes more often.
I think it was but that wasn't my point. My point was that it's a plausible scenario.

I also think those regulations might get some tightening up once a Customer team really challenges a Works team for the title.

M840TR

Sainz on Silverstone Qualifying:

I had a very strong run in Q1, where I felt a bit more comfortable with the car than in the previous sessions. At that point, I felt like Q3 was clearly the target.

But then things changed. The car became more oversteery, I lost the feeling and momentum with the rear of the car and, ultimately, I missed out on Q3 by a tenth and a half with a time slower than my Q1 run. A blink of an eye that in the midfield means a lot!

We have since done our analysis and we now fully understand what went wrong. That helps to be calm about what happened but, at the time, it obviously hurt. As a driver it is key to understand these situations and to keep learning how your car reacts in different conditions.
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... V8XGj.html

mclaren111

F1 Fansite:
McLaren denies Renault-only 'party mode'
After Silverstone, McLaren's Carlos Sainz said he was surprised by the top speed achieved by Daniel Ricciardo in the works car, even though they theoretically use exactly the same engine.
McLaren boss Andreas Seidl has denied that Renault's works team has a "party mode" setting that is not available to its customer.
After Silverstone, McLaren's Carlos Sainz said he was surprised by the top speed achieved by Daniel Ricciardo in the works car, even though they theoretically use exactly the same engine.
But Seidl denied this is evidence of unequal treatment. "If you see the data, it has to do with the settings used by Renault," he told AS newspaper. "We have total confidence in the transparency between us, and the rules are very clear that manufacturers and customers must always receive the same in terms of equipment and engine maps and things of that nature."
When asked specifically if Renault has a 'party mode' that McLaren does not, Seidl answered: "Not at all."

I read somewhere we were running more downforce... Were that the case ??

M840TR

mclaren111 wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 10:46
F1 Fansite:
McLaren boss Andreas Seidl has denied that Renault's works team has a "party mode" setting that is not available to its customer.
But Seidl denied this is evidence of unequal treatment. "If you see the data, it has to do with the settings used by Renault," he told AS newspaper. "We have total confidence in the transparency between us, and the rules are very clear that manufacturers and customers must always receive the same in terms of equipment and engine maps and things of that nature."
When asked specifically if Renault has a 'party mode' that McLaren does not, Seidl answered: "Not at all."

Correct.

Emag

Does anybody have some information about potential upgrades in the upcoming races? I know they tried a couple of floor variants in Silverstone, and they changed the bargeboards. We also haven't seen the rumored new suspension since France in FP2. Will they finally finalize the floor and the new suspension in the next races?

M840TR

Emag wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 20:23
Does anybody have some information about potential upgrades in the upcoming races? I know they tried a couple of floor variants in Silverstone, and they changed the bargeboards. We also haven't seen the rumored new suspension since France in FP2. Will they finally finalize the floor and the new suspension in the next races?
A lot of time is being spent focusing on front end problems and since Hungary is a track which will accentuate them I expect the POU to arrive by then if not next week. The floor upgrade from what I read wasn't fully delivered yet too.

Andres125sx

mclaren111 wrote:
20 Jul 2019, 10:46
F1 Fansite:

I posted it. After Silverstone race Sainz said for the spanish TV they were running more wing than Renault, and a wind change during the race made McLaren setup too high DF, reducing their top speed wich is the reason he struggled keeping Ricciardo behind

That´s the reason I´m sceptical about that article stating Carlos said he´s surprised about Renault top speed. That was not the case in Silverstone, actually it was Carlos who clarified the reason Renault had a higher top speed so I can´t rely on that article sources :roll:

mclaren111

Thank You...

McG

While DR was racing CS one of the SkyF1 team confirmed with authority that Renault were running less downforce than McLaren. Not sure whether that info was known before the race or was passed onto the team during the battle. Anyway, was great to see that with less downforce and DRS, and possibly the best overtaker, that the Renault still couldn't get past McLaren.

Very happy Sky showed most of that battle for extended periods in the closing stages of the race.
F1 is dead.

makecry

McG wrote:
22 Jul 2019, 03:32
While DR was racing CS one of the SkyF1 team confirmed with authority that Renault were running less downforce than McLaren. Not sure whether that info was known before the race or was passed onto the team during the battle. Anyway, was great to see that with less downforce and DRS, and possibly the best overtaker, that the Renault still couldn't get past McLaren.

Very happy Sky showed most of that battle for extended periods in the closing stages of the race.
Eh. I disagree. Daniel's move is a dive-bomb. It's just that his RBR were so good on braking that it helped him get away with that move so often.