Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
Jaisonas

Re: Honda Power Unit Hardware & Software

Interesting! i'd be nice to see the same graphs with higher engine modes, i think Verstappen was still on mode 6 on lap 61

Nonserviam85

honda_fun wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 13:15
https://f1-motorsports-gp.com/

Considering of the drug of RB, RA619H might be as same performance as ferrari until 290kmh.
The point that should be improved for Honda is over 290kmh.
https://i.imgur.com/kvprL1i.png
This can only be analysed in conjunction to the gear ratios not top end power alone.

PhillipM

Not really, nobody is running out of gearing in the current formula.

Juzh

Since both cars exibit nearly identical performance up to 290 kmh one could attribute higher end of straight speeds to be a result of inherently lower drag setup of the ferrari car. Or it could be ferrari has more efficient ERS and is able to deploy energy for longer. I'd say a combination of these two factors is the most likely conclusion. Also in germany ferrari had on average around 6-10 kmh margin over verstappen when track dried out.

Sieper

I still think there is something with Ferrari’s ERS. Hope Honda finds out what they do as apparently it is allowed.

PlatinumZealot

gruntguru wrote:
01 Aug 2019, 05:02
The argument would be that "nucleate boiling" simply helps transfer heat from the metal surface to somewhere deeper in the fluid flow (where the bubbles condense) but still within the heat generating device (engine), as opposed to transferring heat to the heat rejection device (radiator).
Agreed. And you dont want any boiling inside the block. Because with boiling heat transfer it is dependent and very sensitive on the flow regime which is dependent on the fluid velocity and u pretty much can't control it when your thermostat starts closing. Liquid cooling is more straight forward.

There is a fine line between insulation and
High heat transfor with the boiling. Too risky.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Wouter

The lag problem seems to be solved. Google translate. :(

Managing Director Yamamoto, who praises Hamilton for his hard work [this weekend]. In Silverstone, the difference of 0.183 seconds was as close as possible to the pole, but the power unit's output characteristics could not be attached to Verstappen's pedal work and missed that opportunity.

Max: “If there was no lag problem, I was in pole position…”

Because of this regret, Honda has desperately taken measures between the German Grand Prix and this Hungarian Grand Prix. And in the Hungaroring, where the middle and low speed corners, where drivability is important, occupy the majority, no problems occurred.

https://sportiva.shueisha.co.jp/clm/mot ... split_amg/
The Power of Dreams!

carisi2k

That first graph above is the most important one. It shows that max is faster in the corners and on acceleration until the mid to high 200km/h mark. At Spa and Monza there could be some deficit against Ferrari but I would bet on Red Bull finding the right aero balance to overcome these issues.

maguetox

carisi2k wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 11:47
That first graph above is the most important one. It shows that max is faster in the corners and on acceleration until the mid to high 200km/h mark. At Spa and Monza there could be some deficit against Ferrari but I would bet on Red Bull finding the right aero balance to overcome these issues.
Also we need to remenber that for Spa Honda will have somekind of a boost with a new fuel and/or lubricant from Exxon, and in Monza the new Spec 4 will be available to be raced.

I will prefer that Honda push the introuduction of at least one PU for Spa to be fitted in in Gasly car to start the fine tuning and have it ready for Monza.

Pyrone89

maguetox wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 19:50
carisi2k wrote:
Also we need to remenber that for Spa Honda will have somekind of a boost with a new fuel and/or lubricant from Exxon, and in Monza the new Spec 4 will be available to be raced.

I will prefer that Honda push the introuduction of at least one PU for Spa to be fitted in in Gasly car to start the fine tuning and have it ready for Monza.
Also a new fuel for Spa?

What I read it was new PU in Monza, new lubricants in Sochi
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

maguetox

Pyrone89 wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 22:41
maguetox wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 19:50
carisi2k wrote:

Also a new fuel for Spa?

What I read it was new PU in Monza, new lubricants in Sochi
Yes fuel or lubricant or both, I dont remenber pretty well.

Also Exxon is working to have a "Suzuka special" fuel.

honda_fun

This was RA619H in Hockenheimring.
As for this spec(probably spec3),I found small difference in comparison with an early spec.

godlameroso

Dry sump pump?
Saishū kōnā

Pyrone89

honda_fun wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 04:42
This was RA619H in Hockenheimring.
https://i.imgur.com/ZewlvSr.jpg
As for this spec(probably spec3),I found small difference in comparison with an early spec.
https://i.imgur.com/FiZL0pN.jpg
Pretty easy to forget one of those connectors. Like apparantly happened alot with Renault (source: Max in interview Ziggo)
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

gruntguru

Not if you follow the check list. :)
je suis charlie