Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zarathustra

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 03:57
Have you seen the Hamilton 2007 to 2010 highlight reels? I don't even think your boy Max has that library yet.
Feel free to ventilate your opinion; it’s getting pretty clear that you guys ‘hold all the facts’..

How I remember Hamilton btw

Pyrone89

roon wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 04:08
Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 22:35
Perhaps you meant the GOAT of good and fortunate team choices. And who exactly did LH face at the rocketship called Merc that was so hard? Rosberg, who had a relative sub top career before then, not really king slayer material yet he managed it.
He's not a GOAT, he's a HUMAN BEING.

(Had Unusurpable Machinery And No Brisk Entrants In Neighboring Garages)
:lol:
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Just_a_fan

Jolle wrote:
13 Aug 2019, 23:39

What Verstappen has accomplished, is, whatever happens with his seat at RedBull, he can choose his next move, while Ocon still can end like Wehrlein or Vandoorne
Good point. Although no one knows the future - Max wasn't to know that the RedBull route would lead where he is now. Choosing teams requires a bit of luck as well as research.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Just_a_fan

roon wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 04:08
Pyrone89 wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 22:35
Perhaps you meant the GOAT of good and fortunate team choices. And who exactly did LH face at the rocketship called Merc that was so hard? Rosberg, who had a relative sub top career before then, not really king slayer material yet he managed it.
He's not a GOAT, he's a HUMAN BEING.

(Had Unusurpable Machinery And No Brisk Entrants In Neighboring Garages)
:lol:

Pyrone89

Zarathustra wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 09:39
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Have you seen the Hamilton 2007 to 2010 highlight reels? I don't even think your boy Max has that library yet.
Feel free to ventilate your opinion; it’s getting pretty clear that you guys ‘hold all the facts’..

Don't bother with that guy. Already have him on ignore. Only see part of his quote because you replied to him. Lets see the highlights from Lew Lew who actually had front running material all that period: losing the championship by beaching in the pitlane, crashing into the back of people in the pitlane under red light, lie gate and then throwimg your team manager under the bus because apparently you cant think for yourself, winning your only title in non-dominant machinery by Massa (not exactly elite material) DNF’s and still needing a last corner lucky pass on Glock, crashing in Monza when third. And probably I forgot a lot of things. Yes, Max luckily hasnt got that library yet.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

NathanOlder

Pyrone89 wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 09:56
Zarathustra wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

Don't bother with that guy. Already have him on ignore. Only see part of his quote because you replied to him. Lets see the highlights from Lew Lew who actually had front running material all that period: losing the championship by beaching in the pitlane, crashing into the back of people in the pitlane under red light, lie gate and then throwimg your team manager under the bus because apparently you cant think for yourself, winning your only title in non-dominant machinery by Massa (not exactly elite material) DNF’s and still needing a last corner lucky pass on Glock, crashing in Monza when third. And probably I forgot a lot of things. Yes, Max luckily hasnt got that library yet.
Listen to you 2 on your high horses, I'm having a great laugh with you 2 now.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Zarathustra

Pyrone89 wrote:
Zarathustra wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

I am not ignoring people- I don’t like that because I find it disrespectful, everybody is entitled to have his/her own opinion..

Everybody should be able to deal with different opinions and respect them.

Just_a_fan

NathanOlder wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 11:05
Pyrone89 wrote:
Zarathustra wrote:

Listen to you 2 on your high horses, I'm having a great laugh with you 2 now.
It's funny, isn't it? Digging up mistakes from early career years when under the pressure of title fights in his first two seasons. Max, of course, spent his first two seasons crashing in to everyone and getting a reputation amongst the drivers for being dangerous. But hey, making mistakes when there is no title pressure is ok, such as Monaco 2018 FP3. Of course RedBull had no chance at that race. Oh, er, hang on... :lol:

NathanOlder

=D> =D>
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

GPR-A

Zarathustra wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 11:08
I am not ignoring people- I don’t like that because I find it disrespectful, everybody is entitled to have his/her own opinion..

Everybody should be able to deal with different opinions and respect them.
Well said. For as long as people argue and stay respectful, it's OK to disagree. But a lot of people become personal and offensive when out of ideas to defend their argument and start calling names. The simple reality on the public forums is, NOBODY CHANGES THEIR OPINION, regardless of how you argue.

digitalrurouni

This thread is great of entertainment. Where is that popcorn gif? =D>

roon

Gasly back to TR? Or someone else.

GPR-A

roon wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 16:20
Gasly back to TR? Or someone else.
I heard Tom Cruise is testing for them.

Big Tea

We will at least have two 'knowns' with DK and PG in the same car, I look forward to reviewing my opinion of 3 drivers from this. (possibly 4, but they were not usually close enough, which itself is a metric)
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

NathanOlder

So when do we think Mercedes will start making some noises about Bottas & Ocon.

If Toto said something along the lines of the 2 races in Germany and Hungary are big races for Bottas' future, then those 2 races went really bad for Valterri.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.