Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
PlatinumZealot

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

Pyrone89 wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 09:56
Zarathustra wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 09:39
PlatinumZealot wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 03:57
Have you seen the Hamilton 2007 to 2010 highlight reels? I don't even think your boy Max has that library yet.
Feel free to ventilate your opinion; it’s getting pretty clear that you guys ‘hold all the facts’..

How I remember Hamilton btw
Don't bother with that guy. Already have him on ignore. Only see part of his quote because you replied to him. Lets see the highlights from Lew Lew who actually had front running material all that period: losing the championship by beaching in the pitlane, crashing into the back of people in the pitlane under red light, lie gate and then throwimg your team manager under the bus because apparently you cant think for yourself, winning your only title in non-dominant machinery by Massa (not exactly elite material) DNF’s and still needing a last corner lucky pass on Glock, crashing in Monza when third. And probably I forgot a lot of things. Yes, Max luckily hasnt got that library yet.
Peyronie... Why begin the trolling? I am disappointed in you. Never expected that.

If you read my post I am perfectly staying within the rules of the forum, while yours clearly have no regard for them.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

ringo

Just_a_fan wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 23:01
I don't see Hamilton going to Ferrari. He won't want to spend a year or two getting the team around him (and learning Italian too) at this stage in his career. I reckon he'll do 2020 and he'll retire. He's aiming for 7 titles and 92 or more wins. That'll do for him, I reckon. That puts him equal top on titles, top on wins, way top on poles. Over to you youngsters...
I think he doesn't have any goals in his head. He will keep racing if he feels challenged. Also i suspect he will go to 40 years old as F1 pilot. His off track hobbies ensure that he isn't overly saturated with Formula 1, so he will be less tired of the sport when he gets into his golden years of 37+.
If we are lucky, we see him do 3 years at Ferrari after 10 years at Mercedes (2022) he will be 37 then to leave at 40.
For Sure!!

DChemTech

Nickel wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 22:04
I find it interesting how many people have a negative recollection of Ocon. My memory of the battles with Perez goes differently indeed. I remember Perez giving no quarter in combat and at best equal share of responsibility in collisions. I remember thinking more often than not it was more Perez fault than the other way around. I also remember rookie (ish) Ocon winning the qualy battle and finishing ahead more often than not but losing out on points because Perez got a lucky podium.

Actually not terribly different than Stroll v Perez this year although much less drastic. Is Stroll better than Perez because he's leading on points? certainly not.

My memory may be faulty. YMMV
In my view he's a decent driver but he also strikes me as a bully. Not the type that beats you up - but the condescending type that keeps provoking you until you punch them - and make you get the blame. That's pretty much what happened due to Ocons grinning/provoking in Brazil (and max took the bait with due consequence) and which in hindsight I find more annoying than the whole on-track affair. That would have been fine if he apologized instead of doubling down. Hence, I would be absolutely fine with Ocons only drive being chauffeuring other drivers to the airport. Anyhow, as long as Bottas manages to be above gasly level, I see no reason for replacement at this time. A stable and ego-free second driver that helps reeling in the WCC is more valuable than a potentially faster troublemaker now.

GPR-A

DChemTech wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 06:14
In my view he's a decent driver but he also strikes me as a bully. Not the type that beats you up - but the condescending type that keeps provoking you until you punch them - and make you get the blame. That's pretty much what happened due to Ocons grinning/provoking in Brazil (and max took the bait with due consequence) and which in hindsight I find more annoying than the whole on-track affair. That would have been fine if he apologized instead of doubling down. Hence, I would be absolutely fine with Ocons only drive being chauffeuring other drivers to the airport.
You are seeing ghosts made up of your own thoughts. It happens when dislike is irrational. It was stupid driving of Max that cost him and his inability to put up a professional behavior is ridiculous. Glad Ocon belongs to a more professional generation of drivers, in the past Max would have got punched in the face for his irrational physical behavior. Just shows the class of upbringing.

Link -> F1 DRIVER MAX VERSTAPPEN'S DAD REPORTEDLY BEAT UP OWN FATHER

Starscreamer

GPR -A wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 07:03
DChemTech wrote:
In my view he's a decent driver but he also strikes me as a bully. Not the type that beats you up - but the condescending type that keeps provoking you until you punch them - and make you get the blame. That's pretty much what happened due to Ocons grinning/provoking in Brazil (and max took the bait with due consequence) and which in hindsight I find more annoying than the whole on-track affair. That would have been fine if he apologized instead of doubling down. Hence, I would be absolutely fine with Ocons only drive being chauffeuring other drivers to the airport.
You are seeing ghosts made up of your own thoughts. It happens when dislike is irrational. It was stupid driving of Max that cost him and his inability to put up a professional behavior is ridiculous. Glad Ocon belongs to a more professional generation of drivers, in the past Max would have got punched in the face for his irrational physical behavior. Just shows the class of upbringing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3r7-wo7PY4
Old news and Frans Verstappen (grandpa Max) told on the radio that this is b*llshit!!!!

In Brazil was Max to nice for Ocon.
In Belgium 1998 was my other hero Schumacher to nice for Coulthard.
#33 2 THE MAX 3RSTAPP3N
***WORLD CHAMPION 2021, 2022 & 2023

Wouter

GPR -A wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 08:20
Manoah2u wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 08:11
GPR -A wrote:

ah look, another max hating post. dude, get a grip. #-o
Same to you. Learn to live with posts of variety on public forum. If you have a take on the post, feel free to post it. No need to teach morality. Too much of Max Love, huh.
Are you really going to blacken Max Verstappen with an article from De Telegraaf, which is known for its lies ?!
De Telegraaf, which was again in the news yesterday by spreading lies about the son of the mayor of Amsterdam! Seriously?

I would first check the reliability of a source before you post something here.
By the way, what does Max's father have to do with Max's performance? Why are you putting those lies here?
Too much of Max Hate??
The Power of Dreams!

Nickel

I quite like max and value his presence and contribution in and to f1. He definitely had to wear the bulk of the blame for Brazil though. He did not need to make that move. It was silly. Having said that, people accuse him of being immature but he's so much more mature than I was at his age it's crazy.

Back to the topic at hand, I hope they take a punt on ocon or russel. I like Bottas but he bores me deeply.

I hope Ferrari keep their current line up. I want another year of vettel/leclerc as the young one is also maturing and evolving at a blistering pace.

Same for Renault. keep the current pairing as the car is so bad we haven't had any real and fair chance to compare the 2.

GPR-A

Wouter wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 08:33
By the way, what does Max's father have to do with Max's performance? Why are you putting those lies here?
Too much of Max Hate??
I am sure he has everything to do with his son's behavior. You talk like his PR agent and know the truth.

I responded to the other poster's accusation towards Ocon that Ocon provoked Max for that incident on weigh bridge. Focus on point in discussion. Don't generalize and don't teach Morality. Too much of Max love?

Wouter

GPR -A wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 10:03
Wouter wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 08:33
Too much of Max Hate??
I am sure he has everything to do with his son's behavior. You talk like his PR agent and know the truth.

I responded to the other poster's accusation towards Ocon that Ocon provoked Max for that incident on weigh bridge. Focus on point in discussion. Don't generalize and don't teach Morality. Too much of Max love?
"Focus on point in discussion."

Hahaha. "Focus on point in discussion." My discussion was about the fact that you have used a very unreliable source to blacken Max Verstappen and that you first have to check the reliability of a site, which you have not done.
And as I already wrote: What does his father have to do with Ocon v Verstappen ?! Nothing!

Read a message carefully before you answer. Focus on point of discussion as you said yourself.
By the way, I am not a fan of Max Verstappen but of Honda.
You know, the manufacturer who will make life very difficult for your favorite driver / team very soon.

Stop those false accusations against Horner, Marko and Verstappen, because you do that more often and that shows a sign of weakness, because you cannot stop Honda. Mercedes can only watch passively.
The Power of Dreams!

izzy

I think Esteban is a bit similar to Max, in how he can, or could, be too aggressive and get into feuds, and that's why they clash and it's Toto's problem. Brazil was a perfect example of TWO guys BOTH being mindlessly aggressive, on instinct, instead of thinking maturely about the weekend as a whole. Neither of them actually needed the corner. Of course they're both young. But similar.

So Toto wants Ocon's pace and better racecraft than Valtteri, but he can't afford to have a young hothead going into T1 next to Lewis and nul points, when next year the championships could be really tight. That's Valtteri's biggest asset, that he won't take his teammate out pretty much ever.

DChemTech

GPR -A wrote:
DChemTech wrote:

I wasn't defending Max' on track behaviour. I was merely denouncing ocon's off track provocation. Max his response was stupid (though understandable in my view), but that has been widely discussed. Ocons provoking hardly has, but it tells a lot about his character and it's a character that I don't need to see on track. That's all. No more, no less. I am not looking to reopen Pandoras box on what happened on track there.

izzy

DChemTech wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 15:53

I wasn't defending Max' on track behaviour. I was merely denouncing ocon's off track provocation. Max his response was stupid (though understandable in my view), but that has been widely discussed. Ocons provoking hardly has, but it tells a lot about his character and it's a character that I don't need to see on track. That's all. No more, no less. I am not looking to reopen Pandoras box on what happened on track there.
There wasn't any provocation at all, watch it again:

Ocon didn't grin until after Max had shoved him three times. And all he said, when Max asked "why did you do it?" was explain "I was faster than you." This 'provocation' idea is just an invention. The episode in the weighing room doesn't tell us anything about Esteban's character.

The episode on track tells us a bit, and that'll be part of what Toto's hesitating about

ringo

Ocon did nothing wrong. He doesn't have to take crap from Diva Max. In fact Ocon reacted better than some drivers would for example if it were Alonso, Webber, Montoya, Shumacher, even Massa, or Magnusses, Max would be leveled. :lol:
What does this have to do with Ocon getting a drive next year? :wtf:

Maybe he should get the mercedes drive to get under max skin again. :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

Zarathustra

ringo wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 18:16
Ocon did nothing wrong. He doesn't have to take crap from Diva Max. In fact Ocon reacted better than some drivers would for example if it were Alonso, Webber, Montoya, Shumacher, even Massa, or Magnusses, Max would be leveled. :lol:
What does this have to do with Ocon getting a drive next year? :wtf:

Maybe he should get the mercedes drive to get under max skin again. :mrgreen:
It would be big fun to see Ocon in a Mercedes loose out against Verstappen in his future RB Kingdom rocket machine.

I guess it isn’t about some of you guys being a fan of a particular driver- it is all about some of you guys not liking Verstappen and that’s fine.

But please stay open minded- otherwise it makes no sence to talk at all.
Last edited by Zarathustra on 15 Aug 2019, 19:15, edited 1 time in total.

GPR-A

Zarathustra wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 18:57
It would be big fun to see Ocon in a Mercedes loose out against Verstappen in his future RB Kingdom rocket machine.

I guess it isn’t about some of you guys being a fan of a particular driver- it is all about some of you guys not liking Verstappen and that’s fine.

But please stay open minded- otherwise it makes no sence to talk at all.
Look at your post. Does it even makes sense? Wraught with love for one and hate for another. Why even write such bait and invite wrath?

Remember, RB is up against arguably the best team in the history of F1. Not the reckless Ferrari and self deceiving McLaren of the past decade.

Future RB kingdom rocket machine. :lol: :lol: :lol: Day dreaming at its best.