2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
TAG

Re: 2019 Mercedes AMG Petronas Formula One Team

lio007 wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 10:05
Bsowles wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 09:49
I’m relatively new to this site and am new at posting on here. I will apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum. I’ve noticed in Lewis’s pit/garage area that there is a blond woman always following him around - always at his heels. Who is this team member? Is she some sort of personal assistant, life coach, or something along those lines? What is her team function and is she assigned exclusively to Lewis? Thanks in advance for any replies, and enjoy the summer break gentlemen.
Her name is Angela Cullen, and is his Physio.
And she isn't employed by Mercedes, she works for Hintsa and is contracted to Merc. Basically they offer highly researched and custom personal coaching services for individuals, corporations and athletes, quite a bit of F1 drivers, not just Hamilton.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

wunderkind

Manoah2u wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 17:19
GPR -A wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 16:55
NathanOlder wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 16:45
So Merc still have 5 titles in 8 years, with or without Verstappen. Mercedes dont stop winning after Lewis leaves, and Mercedes dont need Verstappen to win.
There have been times when a team dominated and it felt like it would continue forever. Then suddenly, it came to a naught. Who knows, may be if Lewis leaves, it might trigger a host of people moving out of Mercedes, like Michael's Ferrari exit. Lewis seems to bring luck to a team and takes it away when he leaves, like for McLaren.

May be Liberty leader role might excite Toto and his exit would bring irreparable collateral damage to the team. Nothing is going to last forever. Toto is not going to be enjoying the same role forever. He is an entrepreneur and would like move on to other lucrative initiatives. So, never count your chicken before they hatch.

Max might end up being the next Alonso, making wrong decisions at wrong time. He might join a Mercedes in future, that isn't the championship team anymore. It is going to be a risky decision for him.
so why ask why Max would leave RedBull in the RBR thread then? :?

Agreed though, you can betcha dollar that when Hamilton leaves for Ferrari, he's taking a bunch of people with him there. Ferrari can use a bunch of people anyway. Imagine Toto Wolff going there :lol: :lol: . No but seriously. :wtf:

As mentioned yes, Mercedes would stall immediately and drop down fast. It could even 'force' them into quickly selling the team and going back to where they were before: Mclaren's engine provider and have a renewed goal for success. Or imagine them fusing with Williams. Or hell, Aston Martin leaving RBR and taking over AMG Petronas Mercedes team and turning it into Aston Martin Racing AND keep the Mercedes' engines.

Ricciardo aboard would be fantastic for that scenario. And having brit Russell aboard wouldn't hurt either i think.
You should know Aston Martin, the listed company, is in some serious financial strife at the moment and can do with a hefty capital raise soon. So any thought of Aston Martin expanding its F1 involvement will only be a pipe dream.

As for Hamilton taking Mercedes technical staff with him to Ferrari if he does decide to go to the Scuderia. I'm not convinced as there is already a massive technical team at Maranello, maybe Bonno, but not others.

Pyrone89

wunderkind wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 20:10
Manoah2u wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 17:19
GPR -A wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 16:55
There have been times when a team dominated and it felt like it would continue forever. Then suddenly, it came to a naught. Who knows, may be if Lewis leaves, it might trigger a host of people moving out of Mercedes, like Michael's Ferrari exit. Lewis seems to bring luck to a team and takes it away when he leaves, like for McLaren.

May be Liberty leader role might excite Toto and his exit would bring irreparable collateral damage to the team. Nothing is going to last forever. Toto is not going to be enjoying the same role forever. He is an entrepreneur and would like move on to other lucrative initiatives. So, never count your chicken before they hatch.

Max might end up being the next Alonso, making wrong decisions at wrong time. He might join a Mercedes in future, that isn't the championship team anymore. It is going to be a risky decision for him.
so why ask why Max would leave RedBull in the RBR thread then? :?

Agreed though, you can betcha dollar that when Hamilton leaves for Ferrari, he's taking a bunch of people with him there. Ferrari can use a bunch of people anyway. Imagine Toto Wolff going there :lol: :lol: . No but seriously. :wtf:

As mentioned yes, Mercedes would stall immediately and drop down fast. It could even 'force' them into quickly selling the team and going back to where they were before: Mclaren's engine provider and have a renewed goal for success. Or imagine them fusing with Williams. Or hell, Aston Martin leaving RBR and taking over AMG Petronas Mercedes team and turning it into Aston Martin Racing AND keep the Mercedes' engines.

Ricciardo aboard would be fantastic for that scenario. And having brit Russell aboard wouldn't hurt either i think.
You should know Aston Martin, the listed company, is in some serious financial strife at the moment and can do with a hefty capital raise soon. So any thought of Aston Martin expanding its F1 involvement will only be a pipe dream.

As for Hamilton taking Mercedes technical staff with him to Ferrari if he does decide to go to the Scuderia. I'm not convinced as there is already a massive technical team at Maranello, maybe Bonno, but not others.
Not to mention that unlike moving from one British based team to another British based team is a different animal than moving to an Italian team.
1. These people have family too that need a job (apart from the very high paid ones)
2. Their whole social network is in the UK
3. The language barrier for every day life and lower level personnel (even a lot of the higher ups at Ferrari sometimes speak bad English)
4. Unheard of pressure cooker (not just corporate or the fanbase but a whole nation's population and media watching and analyzing every move).
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

Bsowles

TAG wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 17:57
lio007 wrote:
Bsowles wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 09:49
I’m relatively new to this site and am new at posting on here. I will apologize in advance if this is posted in the wrong forum. I’ve noticed in Lewis’s pit/garage area that there is a blond woman always following him around - always at his heels. Who is this team member? Is she some sort of personal assistant, life coach, or something along those lines? What is her team function and is she assigned exclusively to Lewis? Thanks in advance for any replies, and enjoy the summer break gentlemen.
And she isn't employed by Mercedes, she works for Hintsa and is contracted to Merc. Basically they offer highly researched and custom personal coaching services for individuals, corporations and athletes, quite a bit of F1 drivers, not just Hamilton.
Ms Cullen seems to be quite the diversified gal. I never knew individual drivers had personal assistants to that level of detail, but it makes sense. I’m relatively new to F1 (my third year as a fan), and I find it fascinating. I was coaxed into watching a race by a buddy 3 years ago, and have been hooked ever since. I had seen nascar races before and found them, with their 3 hour circular processions, to be boring as heck (no slight to any nascar fans intended). I just wish I had tuned into F1 years ago. Thanks again for the replies and educating this “newbie”.

Capharol

this is the first time i read someone finds Nascar more boring as F1 😂

e30ernest

Capharol wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 11:03
I'm not much of a fan of NASCAR either. I appreciate the skill involved but I never really found oval-racing to be that exciting.

Capharol

e30ernest wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 11:12
Capharol wrote:
I'm not much of a fan of NASCAR either. I appreciate the skill involved but I never really found oval-racing to be that exciting.
well everybody has its favorites.... we european are tending more to F1, Americans more to Nascar & Indycar
the more reason why F1 never would get a grip in USA... they think like us but then the other way around.
but this is OffTopic

Big Tea

Bsowles wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 09:53
TAG wrote:
11 Aug 2019, 17:57
lio007 wrote:

Ms Cullen seems to be quite the diversified gal. I never knew individual drivers had personal assistants to that level of detail, but it makes sense. I’m relatively new to F1 (my third year as a fan), and I find it fascinating. I was coaxed into watching a race by a buddy 3 years ago, and have been hooked ever since. I had seen nascar races before and found them, with their 3 hour circular processions, to be boring as heck (no slight to any nascar fans intended). I just wish I had tuned into F1 years ago. Thanks again for the replies and educating this “newbie”.
F1 drivers are often mid-sized employers. They have persona teams finance teams transport teams fitness teams and often 'friends' to shout at and help them mentally when on a down
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Bsowles

Capharol wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 11:31
e30ernest wrote:
12 Aug 2019, 11:12
Capharol wrote:
well everybody has its favorites.... we european are tending more to F1, Americans more to Nascar & Indycar
the more reason why F1 never would get a grip in USA... they think like us but then the other way around.
but this is OffTopic
Your point about F1 not being as popular here in the US is spot on. There is very little, if any, F1 talk on the various sports programs. The only reason I got interested is because of a buddy who works here in the States for Mercedes/retail. He kept telling me about how great this guy “Hamilton” was, and how much more interesting F1 was than the preponderance of oval races here. I’m interested to see if the Silver Arrows can continue their grip on the WCC championship after the break, which I would fully anticipate. I’d like to see a few more duels between Lewis and Max - good stuff!

De Jokke

Considering the drivers line-up: would they really consider Ocon as it could throw in a spanner in the works.
I think Wolff just wants to put Bottas under pressure that he improves his driving, as we need a better Bottas for next year (RBR threat upcoming).
Ocon doesn't seem like a huge improvement over Bottas, although it would be nice to see him revive his feud with max.
I just hope Merc makes the right decision as the 2nd driver will decide the WCC most likely as RBR now have Albon.
Wolff should be strict and just tell Bottas that his target in this 2nd part of 2019 is beating Albon consistently and even max. If he fails, he's out.
It would be a fair chance for Bottas to prove that he's still worthy of the mercseat.

Is there any news on spec 3?
Mercedes AMG + Hamilton => dreamteam!
If you can't beat'em, call Masi!

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Morteza

digitalrurouni

Ugh I hate instagramtv . Was really hoping they would have a widescreen youtube version of that.

Morteza

digitalrurouni wrote:
19 Aug 2019, 14:22
Ugh I hate instagramtv . Was really hoping they would have a widescreen youtube version of that.
I totally agree. IG TV sucks big time.
Here's another video they posted yesterday. I have the Twitter link here, but still it is in portrait
https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/statu ... 3133585410