Silly Season 2018/2019

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Zarathustra

Re: Silly Season 2018/2019

GPR -A wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 19:10
Zarathustra wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 18:57
It would be big fun to see Ocon in a Mercedes loose out against Verstappen in his future RB Kingdom rocket machine.

I guess it isn’t about some of you guys being a fan of a particular driver- it is all about some of you guys not liking Verstappen and that’s fine.

But please stay open minded- otherwise it makes no sence to talk at all.
Look at your post. Does it even makes sense? Wraught with love for one and hate for another. Why even write such bait and invite wrath?
Have a look again.

Zarathustra

GPR -A wrote:
Future RB kingdom rocket machine. :lol: :lol: :lol: Day dreaming at its best.
:mrgreen: =D>
ringo wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 20:37
Verstappen is ok where he is in his redbull kingdom.
GPR -A wrote:
... and hate for another. Why even write such bait and invite wrath?
Where is the ‘hate’ in my post- please show me.

ringo

A sensible video on Ocon and Bottas selection:

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/video/bot ... re/452080/
For Sure!!

langedweil

Used to be a lot more interesting on this forum before all these squibbles about love/hate/drivers started to take the upperhand, and these I-know-----way-better-than-you attitudes surfaced.
But I reckon I'm just old and grumpy ..

I'm just wondering who of the current guys will be "offgrid" by 2020? Will it be Kub, or Mag, or Gro, or Gio, Rai, or Gas !?

*edit*
The swear filter works wonderfully well mods ! Thanx, guess I got carried away ...
HuggaWugga !

ubuysa

langedweil wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 06:31
I'm just wondering who of the current guys will be "offgrid" by 2020? Will it be Kub, or Mag, or Gro, or Gio, Rai, or Gas !?
Kub and Gio offgrid for sure, Gas and Gro possibly, and Mag to Williams. And no, I'm not putting any money on that! :D

Manoah2u

GPR -A wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 11:33
Wouter wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 11:02
GPR -A wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 10:03
I am sure he has everything to do with his son's behavior. You talk like his PR agent and know the truth.

I responded to the other poster's accusation towards Ocon that Ocon provoked Max for that incident on weigh bridge. Focus on point in discussion. Don't generalize and don't teach Morality. Too much of Max love?
"Focus on point in discussion."

Hahaha. "Focus on point in discussion." My discussion was about the fact that you have used a very unreliable source to blacken Max Verstappen and that you first have to check the reliability of a site, which you have not done.
And as I already wrote: What does his father have to do with Ocon v Verstappen ?! Nothing!

Read a message carefully before you answer. Focus on point of discussion as you said yourself.
By the way, I am not a fan of Max Verstappen but of Honda.
You know, the manufacturer who will make life very difficult for your favorite driver / team very soon.

Stop those false accusations against Horner, Marko and Verstappen, because you do that more often and that shows a sign of weakness, because you cannot stop Honda. Mercedes can only watch passively.
So amateurish. My driver vs your driver. My team vs your team. Utter nonsense. Doesn't deserve any decent response.
wow, that's phenomanally hypocritical coming from you. keep on trolling bud.
i don't know why you keep behaving like this, i normally rather enjoy your posts,
honestly i do, and like a broad range of input but honestly dude, you are spewing so much
anti-verstappen campaigning around that i'm rather surprised by it and it's really starting
to get really old.
Please, for the love of whatever, give it a rest.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

SiLo

50% of discussion on this forum is people arguing like children. Think I will stick to the technical thread instead from now on.
Felipe Baby!

Jolle

ubuysa wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 08:58
langedweil wrote:
Kub and Gio offgrid for sure, Gas and Gro possibly, and Mag to Williams. And no, I'm not putting any money on that! :D
Who would replace GIO? His seat belongs to Fiat/Ferrari, is there one of their prospects who’s ready for F1? (The return of Wehrlein? Who is a Ferrari driver now...) and the same goes for GAS, don’t think RedBull has a replacement ready. I can even see GRO remain with HAAS with the current upgrade troubles they had.

Just_a_fan

SiLo wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 09:19
50% of discussion on this forum is people arguing like children. Think I will stick to the technical thread instead from now on.
Oh no it isn't!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Big Tea

Just_a_fan wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 14:39
SiLo wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 09:19
Oh no it isn't!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Its the 'other' 50%, we are fine :roll:
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

PlatinumZealot

Jolle wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 09:25
ubuysa wrote:
langedweil wrote:
Who would replace GIO? His seat belongs to Fiat/Ferrari, is there one of their prospects who’s ready for F1? (The return of Wehrlein? Who is a Ferrari driver now...) and the same goes for GAS, don’t think RedBull has a replacement ready. I can even see GRO remain with HAAS with the current upgrade troubles they had.
Thing about GIO he is proven to be a good support driver at this point. He has not dominated Kimi like a young hot shot was expected to and this is what Ferrari / italy was hoping for. He might be still good enough for number two to Leclerc when Vettel goes back to RedBull / Mercedes.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Scorpaguy

PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 Aug 2019, 14:41
Jolle wrote:
16 Aug 2019, 09:25
ubuysa wrote:

Thing about GIO he is proven to be a good support driver at this point. He has not dominated Kimi like a young hot shot was expected to and this is what Ferrari / italy was hoping for. He might be still good enough for number two to Leclerc when Vettel goes back to RedBull / Mercedes.
Gio...I am not sure I would give him the benefit of doubt. I would think axed.
Kub...sadly, gone. Sometimes it just aint meant to be.
Gas and Gro...who cares.
Mag...stays at Haas for a last chance comparison to a new driver.

Kimi...WTH! Why would he go anywhere. At mid season he has 31 pts...all of Sauber scored 48 last year.

hollus

There is a new thread for the silly season corresponding to racing in 2020.
Feel free to post there:
:arrow: Silly Season 2020/2021 (starting with silliness in 2019)

I expect posts to be here and there for a while, and personally don't care either way, but it would probably be best if this thread suffered a slow death while the other takes most posts about the future.
Rivals, not enemies.

i70q7m7ghw

Seeing a few reports that Ocon to Renault for 2019 is a done deal, Mercedes will retain Bottas for another year. Hulk to Haas perhaps?

NathanOlder

Yeah was reading that, at least Ocon is on the grid next year, a step up from his last team and if he performs well, the Merc door will be open.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC