2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
nzjrs

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

1158 wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 08:56
Marti_EF3 wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 08:37
restless wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 08:07
Could the rev limiter problem be due transmission ? Gear ratios are fixed ...
If it suits best the rest of the tracks less Monza and maybe a little on Spa. I will do it too.
But the other Bull wasn't suffering from that issue. I guess you could have different gear ratios in each car, but why would you? I suspect it was a transmission or mapping issue.
It's positive they have 4 cars of dry running in race conditions to look at, and 2 weeks to work on mapping and simulation.

subcritical71

restless wrote:
IIRC, RB were underestimated the power of the Honda PU. Since gear ratios are set at the beginning of the year it seems plausible that they mis judged their ratios and are running a higher RPM at some tracks than anticipated. Why one car hits or doesn’t hit the limiter could be due to individual driver setups (wing -> drag levels).

subcritical71 wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 09:41
IIRC, RB were underestimated the power of the Honda PU. Since gear ratios are set at the beginning of the year it seems plausible that they mis judged their ratios and are running a higher RPM at some tracks than anticipated. Why one car hits or doesn’t hit the limiter could be due to individual driver setups (wing -> drag levels).
VER was probably was running less downforce. He was 10-11 kph higher than Albon at 3 out of the 4 speed measurements. KVY was almost equal to VER, and was able to repeatedly hit those speeds. Maybe TR had a better idea for the gearing. I would love to know, but we probably never will.

Datco

restless wrote:
It's always going to be tricky to choose gear ratios if power curve development is uncertain during the year. This is an opportunity for Honda to build a PU that can go to higher revs.

Juzh

1158 wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 10:22
subcritical71 wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 09:41
VER was probably was running less downforce. He was 10-11 kph higher than Albon at 3 out of the 4 speed measurements. KVY was almost equal to VER, and was able to repeatedly hit those speeds. Maybe TR had a better idea for the gearing. I would love to know, but we probably never will.
TR runs red bull designed and built gearboxes, along with almost entire rear end of the car. They are identical. Gear ratios themselves are not a problem, engine mapping or a defective gearbox itself is the real culprit. They really need to sort that out soon.

etusch

They adapted the gearbox they used with Renault pu to Honda pu. Maybe they will have new gb designed for new pu next year.
From this point of view they are very good in first year of partnership and we will see real power of both side next year

loner

i never understood all the talk about SV return to RBR .. CL is destroying him in ferrari what would make RBR contract him again ?!!
anyway Mrako is denying SV or Hulk will be in RBR in 2020...
he say the other seat in RBR will be decided after COTA .. i find it big chance for both Albon and Kvyat since Kvyat already showing strong pace and performance consistently in STR, so if Albon doesn't develop till COTA its Kvyat seat.
also speaking about promoting Tsunoda to F2 in 2020 which i think a step for a future STR debut.
https://www.speedweek.com/formel1/news/ ... evanz.html
para bellum.

Marti_EF3

loner wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 16:36
i never understood all the talk about SV return to RBR .. CL is destroying him in ferrari what would make RBR contract him again ?!!
he say the other seat in RBR will be decided after COTA .. i find it big chance for both Albon and Kvyat since Kvyat already showing strong pace and performance consistently in STR, so if Albon doesn't develop till COTA its Kvyat seat.
also speaking about promoting Tsunoda to F2 in 2020 which i think a step for a future STR debut.
Tsunoda finally has awaken on F3. He did a very good job the last 2-3 races. But if he goes to F2 next season, he will need time to adapt. Better to leave one more year on F3 with a good team. He's young enough to do another F3 run

Jaisonas

As Ted put it: Seb knows the championship is lost and just doesnt care, he's got nothing to prove unlike Charles that hunts his first wins. Once Seb gets a car that suits his driving, he will be up there.

maguetox

Jaisonas wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 19:08
As Ted put it: Seb knows the championship is lost and just doesnt care, he's got nothing to prove unlike Charles that hunts his first wins. Once Seb gets a car that suits his driving, he will be up there.
Seb was a champion because the RB of those years where a class of their own, like Mercedes right now, after that, Seb has been an erratic and inconsistent driver that doesn’t handle very well the pressure, I just remember Canada when he spun and lost the race due to Jenson Button pressure.
The best thing Seb can do is to retire at the end of the year or return to RB race one more year and end his career there.

McMika98

loner wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 16:36
Gasly qualified faster than Kvyat in Monza and has shown faster speed on Toro Rosso. The Vettel switch would happen instantly if he was willing to give up his wages which is very high for Redbull.

Jolle

Jaisonas wrote:
If it were just silly mistakes if he was 100+ points off the lead, yeah... but he tends to make them while being in the lead as well.

Karim28

Jaisonas wrote:
2018 car was suited for his driving style. However ,he have lost WCD only with his individual errors starting in Hockenheim.
I don't underestimate him at all ,at least he is better than Kvyat or Albon or even Hülkenberg .. But the possibility ofbdepending on Seb in case of Max leaving is not such a good idea.
Generally it's too early to predict what would happen in the realationshipn between Seb&RBR .. We have a long talk in 2020 as Lewis,Max,Bottas,Vettel and Alonso would be free.
Back to the reality of present .. Albon have to prove himself in Singapore as it suits RB15.

https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/new ... 00993.html

According to this article, Honda TD Tanabe suspects the oil leak issue in KVY's car may have been outside of the PU.

He told the press that hydraulic pressure and combustion-related data inside the PU looked normal, and he assesses no damage with the PU.

loner

1717 wrote:
09 Sep 2019, 20:52
https://www.nikkansports.com/sports/new ... 00993.html

According to this article, Honda TD Tanabe suspects the oil leak issue in KVY's car may have been outside of the PU.

He told the press that hydraulic pressure and combustion-related data inside the PU looked normal, and he assesses no damage with the PU.
welcome and thnx , frankly i thought so when they said we will investigate with STR engineers.
para bellum.