2019 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, 27 - 29 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Re: 2019 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, 27 - 29 September

selvam_e2002 wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 17:16
Restomaniac wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 16:59
Currently there is no point in this internal fight as the WCC and WDC are gone.
Ferrari are just building up problems for next season by not lancing this boil. Vettel is playing the same rule book as he did against Webber the key difference is that his car isn’t massively clear of everything else as it was back then.
I do't agree. When Lecrec did samething to Vettel in Beharin no one complained it. every one praised him. IN Beharin race ferrari told him to hold the position but he overtaken vettel. Now Lecrec facing same thing from Vettel but Lecrec could not digest it.

so, if lecrect did it then it is right. If Vettel did it then it is wrong.

Even this race, it is not mandatory to swap the position immediately. They can do it later stage once position 1 and 2 confirmed. Why they screwed Vettel race by calling him to pit lately? It reminds me 2007 Alonso Vs Hamilton.

very bad politics at Ferrari. It is because of Binotto. He should take a right call but he is not doing it.
Please don’t mistake me for a massive fan of either of them. What I’m trying to say is that now is the point for Ferrari to bash their heads together. If they let this continue then next season when it actually matters they may just gift Hamilton and Mercedes the titles again by their own internal squabbles.

izzy
izzy

dans79 wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 18:12
Ferrari doesn't employ Webber, so anything he did is irrelevant.
Multi21 happened because Webber was aggressive with Seb in Brazil when Seb had the championship on the line, the previous year. It carried over because the team didn't do anything but left the drivers to it.

So it's 100% :wink: relevant to a team with two drivers needing managing. the team has to be in control, so the drivers have confidence that things will be fair, even though the other guy is a beastly racing driver

NathanOlder

Gothrek wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 18:16
dans79 wrote:
Gothrek wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 18:10

Apparently no one remembers multi 12 a few races before where Webber didnt listen?
Ok, maybe it was too difficult for you to grasp. If you are in a team and your team mate disobeys a teamorder. Would you do it a bit later? I think 90% of the people would not even consider it. That is my point, the multi21 is a result of normal human behaviour.
So that came back to bite Webber in the ass, So this will come back to bite Vettel in the ass.

we will see.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Shrieker

I say ban pitting under vsc. Then again, it removes a tactical element from the race. On the other hand, remaining as it is, it is very unfair for racing, and the outcome decided by a vsc/sc is never good. On another note, it would be unfair to someone about to pit, but still.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

PlatinumZealot

THE BOSS! DOES IT AGAIN!
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Bill_Kar
Bill_Kar

I love how everyone now is like "Let them race, this is not F1, pre race agreements are bs" etc.

It's all good until they crash into each other and Ferrari are crucified for not being able to manage their drivers :lol:

NathanOlder

Shrieker wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 18:41
I say ban pitting under vsc. Then again, it removes a tactical element from the race. On the other hand, remaining as it is, it is very unfair for racing, and the outcome decided by a vsc/sc is never good. On another note, it would be unfair to someone about to pit, but still.
Can we ban engine failures and punctures too.

you will never remove the luck aspect of sport, today Mercedes got lucky. As someone pointed out, they lost a race in Australia last season for this exact reason. So maybe its just evened itself out.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

izzy
izzy

Bill_Kar wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 18:45
I love how everyone now is like "Let them race, this is not F1, pre race agreements are bs" etc.

It's all good until they crash into each other and Ferrari are crucified for not being able to manage their drivers :lol:
the whole "let them race" thing is macho bs afaic. It's supposed to be a game of skill and excellence, not dodginess, shoving and luck. Racing drivers let their minds play tricks on them to tell them something is alright, even the best of them, like Lewis in Hungary 07. But today Ferrari fixed it didn't they, so it should be okay as long as Seb isn't hoping for another deal anytime soon

Shrieker

NathanOlder wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 18:47
Shrieker wrote:

you will never remove the luck aspect of sport, today Mercedes got lucky. As someone pointed out, they lost a race in Australia last season for this exact reason. So maybe its just evened itself out.
Mercedes didn't get just lucky, their strategy for the race encompassed a long first stint that allowed them to take advantage of a sc/vsc, which is not their fault of course. Kudos to them for being smart and try play to their strengths. They tried the same at Singapore and it didn't work out then. What I'm trying to say is they did their best within the rules, but the rules themselves suck.

Engine failures and punctures are in control of the team/driver to a degree. If you have good engineering and manage your car, you will have less engine problems. If you manage the tires and avoid going over debris (Bottas @ Baku comes to mind), you can mitigate puncture risk too. VSC/SC on a random moment however is completely out of control. It is a dice roll. Even bernie's idea of sprinklers is more fair :wink:
Last edited by Shrieker on 29 Sep 2019, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Education is that which allows a nation free, independent, reputable life, and function as a high society; or it condemns it to captivity and poverty.
-Atatürk

foxmulder_ms
foxmulder_ms

PlatinumZealot wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 18:42
THE BOSS! DOES IT AGAIN!
period! =D>

Gothrek
Gothrek

NathanOlder wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 18:38
Gothrek wrote:
dans79 wrote:

Ok, maybe it was too difficult for you to grasp. If you are in a team and your team mate disobeys a teamorder. Would you do it a bit later? I think 90% of the people would not even consider it. That is my point, the multi21 is a result of normal human behaviour.
So that came back to bite Webber in the ass, So this will come back to bite Vettel in the ass.

we will see.
I only see this behaviour from Vettel when his team mate doesnt honor another deal. Like Monza, as of then he also doesnt do Leclerc favours. So actually it is biting Leclerc in the ass.

NathanOlder

I still feel the pit lane open all the time is the way to go. If it shuts it then has complications on when it shuts ect. If you were on the way in ect
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

izzy
izzy

NathanOlder wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 18:47

well engine failures aren't luck, strictly speaking. They could reduce the luck element by giving corner workers a long rope, simple as! and arranging the gaps in the barriers a bit better. it's ridiculous having a VSC and giving random DriverA 10s just because some other car stops,when they struggle like mad to find each 1/10th. I mean it's a prototype racing series, a car breaking down isn't exactly a stunning surprise :)

DChemTech
DChemTech

Shrieker wrote:
Said this before, and since it seems to have slipped through, I'll say it again...

Driver: "i think I have a puncture, picked up some of Romain's debris"

Engineer: "well, yeah, sorry, we can't pit you while the safety car is out. Hang on for a few laps!"

There is an obvious issue with closing the pitlane right after an event that warrants a (virtual) safety car.

NathanOlder

Gothrek wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 19:01
NathanOlder wrote:
29 Sep 2019, 18:38
Gothrek wrote:

we will see.
I only see this behaviour from Vettel when his team mate doesnt honor another deal. Like Monza, as of then he also doesnt do Leclerc favours. So actually it is biting Leclerc in the ass.
Makes me wonder why multiple team mates have done this to Vettel.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.