2019 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, 27 - 29 September

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
lh13

Re: 2019 Russian Grand Prix - Sochi Autodrom, 27 - 29 September

Andres125sx wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 11:13
lh13 wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 11:39
NathanOlder wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 09:03
Doesn't really matter now does it.
fact remains Vettel was asked by his team to do something he didn't.
All drivers disobey team orders once in a while, unless they are clear number two. I don't know why you are trying to make a big deal out of it, especially considering that you are not a Ferrari fan, so you shouldn't care.
So only Ferrari fans can express their opinions about Ferrari drivers? Sorry mate, but nope

Many drivers disobey TOs, true, but all of them get severe beating for it, nothing weird here, only that this time you care more than usually because it´s Vettel
Like? I don't remember any who got severe beating for disobeying a TO, and if anyone did, that does not make it `all`.

komninosm

Tension at Ferrari, Lap 1 Chaos and More! Jolyon Palmer On The 2019 Russian Grand Prix
https://youtu.be/74dlXoZEL9Y?t=647
Where's the black and white flag for Magnusen?
I'd just like to add a comment from that video that says it all really:

>>>
Lamster661 day ago (edited)

Palmer hits the nail on the head again.
There is again inconsistancy in awarding penalties.
The Black and White flag shown to Leclerc was a jokeRunningHamiltion out of road at 180mph was both deliberate and Dangerous.Its not racing its called being a c**t!
And about the level of driving you'd expect at a turn up and drive kart track.

Only Hamilton's reading of that situation avoided what could have been a nasty accident.
The rules state that leaving the road and gaining an avantage earns you a penaly.
Losing both a time and places doesn't equate to a net gain.
The stewards also need to analyze if the action had any safety implications.
Not merely that they previously decided that for potential safety reasons you go round a couple of bollards. The question here is was there other cars close on track other than Perez. and did KMags excursion put those drivers at risk..
There appeared to be no other cars close by on track and Perez was long gone so other than going the wrong side of a bollard put there to cause a loss in time and make rejoining more predictable what problem did it actually cause.Monza We were told that Leclerc escaped a penalty because there was no collision where as Both Vettel and Stroll's actions caused collisions.
So if thats the case then if the rule is being breached in a situation other than it was implemented to manage then it should result in a black and white flag.
<<<

czubak

NL_Fer wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 11:54
NathanOlder wrote:
I suspect half of the grid would act the same.
I don’t see where half of the grid are carried to the first win of the season by betraying their better driver with the gifted preferred strategy to the one spinning in the midfield and “forgetting” to inform pole winner that the person with hefty contract has been pitted.

I've seen only one person on the grid singing to the media that "no-one is bigger than Ferrari".

Neither do I see Hamilton winning driver of the day by saying a popular nostalgic fans’ quote after spinning or destroying the engine in an attempt to prove that “he would have gotten past him anyway”.

czubak

lh13 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
All drivers disobey team orders once in a while, unless they are clear number two. I don't know why you are trying to make a big deal out of it, especially considering that you are not a Ferrari fan, so you shouldn't care.
"You're not a Ferrari fan, so you shouldn't care".

Seems like the only argument vettel fans can make in favour of him after 3 years of mediocrity and politics.

NathanOlder

:lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Andres125sx

lh13 wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 11:16
Andres125sx wrote:
lh13 wrote:

So only Ferrari fans can express their opinions about Ferrari drivers? Sorry mate, but nope

Many drivers disobey TOs, true, but all of them get severe beating for it, nothing weird here, only that this time you care more than usually because it´s Vettel
Like? I don't remember any who got severe beating for disobeying a TO, and if anyone did, that does not make it `all`.
Then I´m afraid your memory is too weak or unconsciously selective :roll:

Max Verstappen
Esteban Ocon
Sergio Perez
Lewis Hamilton

lh13

czubak wrote:
06 Oct 2019, 22:44
lh13 wrote:
NathanOlder wrote:
"You're not a Ferrari fan, so you shouldn't care".

Seems like the only argument Vettel fans can make in favour of him after 3 years of mediocrity and politics.
That's not in Vettel's favour at all, but in favour of Hamilton fans, since it does show that event when Hamilton is en-route to be a 6 time WC, some of his fans still have to bash Vettel 24/7 to feel good. Still salty from 2010-2013 I guess. Poor chaps.

lh13

Andres125sx wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 07:34
lh13 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Max Verstappen
Esteban Ocon
Sergio Perez
Lewis Hamilton

What happened to these four drivers? Was anyone benched? Fired? Publicly humiliated? I would like to know your interpretation of severe beating.

Andres125sx

lh13 wrote:
07 Oct 2019, 12:37
Andres125sx wrote:
lh13 wrote:

Max Verstappen
Esteban Ocon
Sergio Perez
Lewis Hamilton

What happened to these four drivers? Was anyone benched? Fired? Publicly humiliated? I would like to know your interpretation of severe beating.
Exactly same as Vettel received after Sochi. Was he benched? Fired? Publicly humiliated?

Nope, people just criticized his selfish attitude ignoring TOs, that´s all

Edax

Andres125sx wrote:
lh13 wrote:
Andres125sx wrote:

Max Verstappen
Esteban Ocon
Sergio Perez
Lewis Hamilton
Think the list of drivers that always obey team orders is actually easier to draw up:

Coultard
Barrichello
Bottas
Webber
Anyone else?

komninosm

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... cbskO.html

siskue2005

komninosm wrote:
12 Oct 2019, 08:11
https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/arti ... cbskO.html
Coz that flag is only used in convenient situations :lol: