2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loner

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

para bellum.

Godius

It was a real silly but clear mistake that Leclerc made. Verstappen made a similar mistake in Hungary a few years ago trying to overtake Ricciardo in lap 1, he received a penalty quite quickly after the collision.

Bill
Bill

They is a difference between two parallel cars in a straight line and two parallel cars going into a corner. In Suzuka Max was on the left side and leclec just steered into him.

Sieper

loner wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 10:17
Max overtook LH and CL from the start i couldn't think about it before Suzuka actually with the previous horrible starts.
https://streamable.com/pdjmd
Yes, that was very positive. Lets hope that with the spec4 with this fuel starts like this are in the cards again.

Allthough, it has to be said, Lewis and Charles were on the dirty side. As was Albon who also suffered a Poor start.
Last edited by Sieper on 13 Oct 2019, 11:21, edited 2 times in total.

Jambier

I assume now Albon will be kept for next year.

A good guy, I hope he can be closer and challenge Max a bit though

aral
aral

OMG ! Can you guys not read the title of the thread before you post? The thread is about the TEAM, and not the Japanese GP. If you want to air your opinions about the race, please steer yourselves to the actual race thread.

Juzh

verstappen vs albon q3 laps - struggles in final chicane can be easily seen

https://streamable.com/a6wgj

Capharol
Capharol

Max Verstappen retired from the Japanese Grand Prix because his first-lap clash with Charles Leclerc cost him almost 25% downforce on his Red Bull Formula 1 car.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/vers ... st=organic

diffuser

loner wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 09:55
yep the start was good...
https://twitter.com/SkySportsF1/status/ ... 5104199680
Rules aren't based on how much damage one causes. There isn't much of a difference in the conatct between max and Leclerc and Albon/Norris. The only difference is the conatct wasn't wheel to wheel. it was a few feet north or south of the wheel to wheel. You could actual argue that LeClerc was a passanger.

aral
aral

Any chance that some of you can read my post a couple of entries before this. Please do not clutter this thread with off topic race talk.

Artur Craft

Juzh wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 14:51

thanks very much mate. RB was junk on s3

I guess Honda made a mistake while promoting their new engine. Instead of +25HP, it probably has -25HP because this car went backwards since the summer break

Jokes aside, it's sad to see RB on this state. At least Albon seems to be a good driver for the other seat

RB won't be anywhere near a win again, on 2019

diffuser

Bill wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 11:15
They is a difference between two parallel cars in a straight line and two parallel cars going into a corner. In Suzuka Max was on the left side and leclec just steered into him.

Right cause that's how LeClerc thinks you win races? Steer into people.

He doesn't have a faster car? He doesn't have the racing line? you don't see in the picture his steering wheel turned to the right? Please THINK before you write.

All this stuff was started by Max. So F1 and the FIA have taken it on. Let them race.

So we let them race. some of it is cool some of it is just dumb.

This is clearly dumb, I don't agree with it but under the PRESENT rules, a racing incident. Even if LeClerc drove into Max you could argue he has the right to drive Max off the road when trying to pass him. That was all ruled on in Germany.

Personally if I was a team principal I'd not want my driver making contact. The chances are really high you loose pieces/ break the car and go backwards.
Last edited by diffuser on 13 Oct 2019, 20:49, edited 2 times in total.

diffuser

Artur Craft wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 20:38
Juzh wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 14:51

thanks very much mate. RB was junk on s3

I guess Honda made a mistake while promoting their new engine. Instead of +25HP, it probably has -25HP because this car went backwards since the summer break

Jokes aside, it's sad to see RB on this state. At least Albon seems to be a good driver for the other seat

RB won't be anywhere near a win again, on 2019
Don't blame them. This not on them. This is on both of them. You win or loose as a team.

diffuser

aral wrote:
13 Oct 2019, 19:43
Any chance that some of you can read my post a couple of entries before this. Please do not clutter this thread with off topic race talk.
Oops sorry...

TNTHead

A pity we couldn't see the RB performing in the hands of VER during the race. So now we can only guess if he could keep up with Ferrari and Mercedes. If almost 1 minute behind 1st place with Albon is the real picture, that would indeed mean that their development pace is too slow compared to the other frontrunners. Especially with all the fuzz about Suzuka special fuel, extra engines in the pool.

Or do we need to conclude that the current concept of RB (high rake) is simply not the best solution under the current regulations? I am still seeing PU power convergence as just a matter of time, so that leaves the chassis side for biggest improvement possibilities. It might well be that RB understands this for a while and is already full focus on the RB16 with a major change in design philosophy?
Last edited by TNTHead on 13 Oct 2019, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.