2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
loner

Re: 2019 Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

Espresso wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 12:34
diffuser wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 20:31

Not sure why he wasn't flagged to come in. Another f*ck up. He could argue why should I get penalised when I didn't get flagged ? If it was so bad why didn't I get flagged?

Don't get me wrong, I still think that Charles did was dumb....
On the border of getting off-topic.
A short quiz question that might answer the question how Charles got away with a 'Torpedo' move on Lando:

Question: Name the bottom Row?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGvfWRlXYAA ... name=small
Answer:
1. Nicolas Todt, Son of Jean Todt, Manager of Charles LeClerc.
2. Giada Gianni..., Ex-girlfriend of Charles, dumped after he went stray with another lady Charlotte Siné with the excuse he left her for Ferrari
3. Charles, political adept like a fox
4. Jean Todt

More a question of conflict of Interest -or- influental politics
para bellum.

Vasconia

Andres125sx wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 17:22
McLaren managed to finish ahead of Lecrerc´s Ferrari, and was consistently on RBR pace, ok a bit slower, but only a bit. These are two facts any McLaren supporter should be extremelly proud about. Obviously Lecrerc crash with Verstappen was the reason to finish behind, but I was sure he would pass Sainz again, but he didn´t!!

Even if it was thanks to an incident, we can´t expect a fight with top three teams when McLaren was 6th in WCC past season, but this was an evidence of the great job the team is doing, now they can fight with them when they have some unexpected problem, this was unconceivable past season

Step by step, this is the way to the top again
Now we only need to watch Carlos a little bit more on TV. :mrgreen:

diffuser

loner wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 14:33
Espresso wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 12:34
diffuser wrote:
15 Oct 2019, 20:31

Not sure why he wasn't flagged to come in. Another f*ck up. He could argue why should I get penalised when I didn't get flagged ? If it was so bad why didn't I get flagged?

Don't get me wrong, I still think that Charles did was dumb....
On the border of getting off-topic.
A short quiz question that might answer the question how Charles got away with a 'Torpedo' move on Lando:

Question: Name the bottom Row?
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EGvfWRlXYAA ... name=small
Answer:
1. Nicolas Todt, Son of Jean Todt, Manager of Charles LeClerc.
2. Giada Gianni..., Ex-girlfriend of Charles, dumped after he went stray with another lady Charlotte Siné with the excuse he left her for Ferrari
3. Charles, political adept like a fox
4. Jean Todt

More a question of conflict of Interest -or- influental politics
https://media1.giphy.com/media/prGwyBLmDzeJa/giphy.gif
Just because they were once in a picture together, doesn't mean they give a dam about each other now. I'm sure his ex girlfreind would have a few choice words about Charles that I wouldn't beleive.

diffuser

Vasconia wrote:
16 Oct 2019, 16:47
Andres125sx wrote:
14 Oct 2019, 17:22
McLaren managed to finish ahead of Lecrerc´s Ferrari, and was consistently on RBR pace, ok a bit slower, but only a bit. These are two facts any McLaren supporter should be extremelly proud about. Obviously Lecrerc crash with Verstappen was the reason to finish behind, but I was sure he would pass Sainz again, but he didn´t!!

Even if it was thanks to an incident, we can´t expect a fight with top three teams when McLaren was 6th in WCC past season, but this was an evidence of the great job the team is doing, now they can fight with them when they have some unexpected problem, this was unconceivable past season

Step by step, this is the way to the top again
Now we only need to watch Carlos a little bit more on TV. :mrgreen:
Yeah, Sainz was able to drive fast enough long enough that the softs of LeClerc wore out enough that when combined with getting to the end of the race and how difficult it is to pass at Suzuka, they gave up.

_cerber1

RonDennis

Yeah. AS is talking about recovering 0.5 sec to Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull. Really excited what James Key can do, because his Toro Rosso during the Verstappen period was a really great car. According so sources it had the same amount of downforce as the Mercedes at the start of the year, although he couldn't do much during the year because of the much lower budget.

https://as.com/motor/2019/10/16/formula ... 37558.html

M840TR

Such misleading click-bait headlines based on the same months old rehashed quotes. Seidl specifically mentioned that it's not "a radical change" rather "certain concepts of the car".

bauc

M840TR wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 13:02
Such misleading click-bait headlines based on the same months old rehashed quotes. Seidl specifically mentioned that it's not "a radical change" rather "certain concepts of the car".
Agreed, they mush up multiple quotes to create a story.... Seidl said Mclaren need to find their desing mojo back and be more brave but in the same time he advised that there will be no conceptual change, they would not risk it as they have build solid foundation this year already
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg

diffuser

M840TR wrote:
Bet one concept change will be the front suspension. those upper A-Arm connector.

M840TR

diffuser wrote:
17 Oct 2019, 16:47
M840TR wrote:
Bet one concept change will be the front suspension. those upper A-Arm connector.
I reckon so too. Low-speed performance is the car's Achilles' heel so the front-end will probably be subjected to major revisions and by virtue of that so will the rest of the aero such as sidepod deflectors, bargeboards and floor.

martinbeiker

Quote from latest Sainz's column:

"My feeling in the car got better through qualifying and a very strong lap in the last run meant I finished P7 – best of the rest. It wasn’t all smooth, though, as we had a problem with the batteries. The older they are, the less energy they are able to recover from the MGU-K, so the data showed it had cost me a bit of time, around a couple of tenths."

So it turns out he actually lost a couple of tenths due to the battery not recovering enough energy, though, as he said, it was more related to the age of the battery itself rather than a supposed inferiority to the rest of the power unit manufacturers. Keep in mind though, the latter may also be true.

_cerber1

Strange, this is the same 4 element that he was placed in the Spa. How can he be old?

Ground Effect

_cerber1 wrote:
18 Oct 2019, 12:35
Strange, this is the same 4 element that he was placed in the Spa. How can he be old?

https://radikal.ru
Maybe he was using one from earlier in the season for the Suzuka weekend that was still in the pool, not the one taken in Spa?
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

_cerber1

Ground Effect wrote:
18 Oct 2019, 12:48

Maybe he was using one from earlier in the season for the Suzuka weekend that was still in the pool, not the one taken in Spa?
Then it was very risky.

search

_cerber1 wrote:
18 Oct 2019, 13:03
Ground Effect wrote:
18 Oct 2019, 12:48

Then it was very risky.
electrical energy is more important in Mexico (and allegedly it was one of the key factors which let to the win last year), so maybe they were saving some parts