Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.

Are Schumacher's WDC and Win records under threat of being eclipsed?

Will the 7 WDC record be broken?
3%
Will the 91 Victory record be broken?
26%
Neither record will be broken.
12%
Both records will be broken.
59%

Total votes: 172

Wass85

Re: Will Schumacher's Race Win and WDC records be broken?

GPR -A wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 08:07
Wass85 wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 08:05
GPR -A wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 07:59
How do you compare? They are in two different cars. Unless you want to believe it that way, there is no way to state it. Every driver believes he has margin on other, but that is just hot air until they both drive the same machine.
Just the way he's destroyed his teammates in qualifying. Barring Suzuka where they posted identical times Max has wiped the floor with his teammates in qualifying.

Lewis has admitted himself qualifying is not going great this season, he's lost a step there for whatever reason. Max is also super fast in race trim and I really do think he would be too quick for Lewis at this stage of his career.
All of this is a feel factor and like I said, what you want to believe. The fact can only be established when they fight in the same car, until then you can hold on to your opinion.
As a Lewis fan would you welcome Verstappen at Mercedes, I'll admit I don't want none of that smoke.

Hamilton's pole and win rate has definitely slowed down in the last quarter of the season, to beat Schumi in titles will be very hard indeed.

GPR-A

Wass85 wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 08:17
GPR -A wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 08:07
Wass85 wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 08:05

Just the way he's destroyed his teammates in qualifying. Barring Suzuka where they posted identical times Max has wiped the floor with his teammates in qualifying.

Lewis has admitted himself qualifying is not going great this season, he's lost a step there for whatever reason. Max is also super fast in race trim and I really do think he would be too quick for Lewis at this stage of his career.
All of this is a feel factor and like I said, what you want to believe. The fact can only be established when they fight in the same car, until then you can hold on to your opinion.
As a Lewis fan would you welcome Verstappen at Mercedes, I'll admit I don't want none of that smoke.

Hamilton's pole and win rate has definitely slowed down in the last quarter of the season, to beat Schumi in titles will be very hard indeed.
I won't bet my money on Hamilton beating Schumacher's record 7 titles either, matching probably yes. But if it happens, so be it.

No matter how much the world likes it to happen, including me, Verstappen at Mercedes is not going to happen for as long as Lewis is there for many reasons. It's a good fantasy to have for the fans.

Unc1eM0nty

I think he'll probably match it too, and i think that record will last for a very, very long time

With the rules going the way they are it will be vary hard for one team to dominate over multiple seasons like we've seen in the past with Schuy, Vettel and Hamilton

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 07:55
PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 01:42
Wass85 wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 00:02
I think he will match Schumacher, 8 is a push though as I think Verstappen is now the fastest driver out there. If the cars are closely matched in 2021 I think the Dutchman will stop Hamilton's run.
It's touch and go. Max didn't blow Ricciardo away, who didn't blow Hulkenberg, who didn't blow Perez, who could barely match Button, who got blown away by Hamilton. Max is more or less within the range of one to two tenths, but not anything outstanding. None of the drivers these days are that outstanding with the level of preparation and sport science these days.
He beat Ricciardo 15-3 in qualifying in 2018 and pulled some monster laps on him, if that's not blowing him away I don't know what is.

Max has confidently stated he would have 2 tenths on Hamilton, I don't think he'd be far wrong now.

The scary thing is his race pace is even faster, with a car at the front he would make less mistakes.
Definitely a Max fan. But claims to be a Lewis fan when he wins :roll: :lol:

And if Max has 2 tenths on Lewis, it still leaves him slower than Bottas :wink:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 11:43
Wass85 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

It's touch and go. Max didn't blow Ricciardo away, who didn't blow Hulkenberg, who didn't blow Perez, who could barely match Button, who got blown away by Hamilton. Max is more or less within the range of one to two tenths, but not anything outstanding. None of the drivers these days are that outstanding with the level of preparation and sport science these days.
He beat Ricciardo 15-3 in qualifying in 2018 and pulled some monster laps on him, if that's not blowing him away I don't know what is.

Max has confidently stated he would have 2 tenths on Hamilton, I don't think he'd be far wrong now.

The scary thing is his race pace is even faster, with a car at the front he would make less mistakes.
Definitely a Max fan. But claims to be a Lewis fan when he wins :roll: :lol:

Grow up pal, being a fan doesn't mean you have to be blind to other drivers abilities.

You're wrong there as Hamilton is slightly faster than Bottas on average this season in qualifying.

PlatinumZealot

Wass85 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 00:02
I think he will match Schumacher, 8 is a push though as I think Verstappen is now the fastest driver out there. If the cars are closely matched in 2021 I think the Dutchman will stop Hamilton's run.

Still didn't blow ricciardo away in average pace.

As far as I am concerend he is very quick and just as I thought Vettel was an elite speedster at one time, his pace is yet to be proven.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

PlatinumZealot

zeph wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 01:45
my $0.02

If the 2021 rules work as intended, records like Schumacher and Hamilton may well become a thing of the past.

If Hamilton is aware of that, it might fuel his motivation to break Schuey’s records, knowing there’s a good chance they will remain in place for a long time.
Zeph, this comment is so underappreciated!

After 2021 the racing will be so close! My gosh can you people imagine like at least ten drivers fighting for wins each race?! Agreed. We will never see championship "dynasties" again. Getting mulitple WDC will be ten times more difficult.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

TAG

NathanOlder wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 11:43
Max needs to be looking over his shoulder, Albon has some serious pace and clearly is able to outscore Max on consistency come Sundays. ;)
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Wass85

PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 13:57
Wass85 wrote:
PlatinumZealot wrote:

As far as I am concerend he is very quick and just as I thought Vettel was an elite speedster at one time, his pace is yet to be proven.
What was it, something like 0.185 or something, impressive against the Australian.

PlatinumZealot

Wass85 wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 14:52
PlatinumZealot wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

What was it, something like 0.185 or something, impressive against the Australian.
About as fast as Bottas. But lets see if he can outscore Albon over the course of a season before he can think of mounting an attack on the championship.

Hmm. As a Hamilton fan I cannot really argue when fans of other drivers says he has no competition. I can't really see any serious threats since Alonso and Nico left. Max and LeClerc are seriously quick but have not yet matured. Vettel is mature but looks to be past it. Who can really step up to the plate now?
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Wass85

PlatinumZealot wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 17:27
Wass85 wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 14:52
PlatinumZealot wrote:

About as fast as Bottas. But lets see if he can outscore Albon over the course of a season before he can think of mounting an attack on the championship.

Hmm. As a Hamilton fan I cannot really argue when fans of other drivers says he has no competition. I can't really see any serious threats since Alonso and Nico left. Max and LeClerc are seriously quick but have not yet matured. Vettel is mature but looks to be past it. Who can really step up to the plate now?
About as fast as Bottas, what made you come to that conclusion? Hamilton is what, 0.120 faster than the Finn on average this season.

Wass85

At the end of the day it's all about whether Mercedes have the car, you wouldn't bet against them even in 2021.

TheGkbrk

Hamilton will surely have more than 91 wins come the end of next season. As said above, 8 more wins would mean a fast car, that would mean podiums if not more wins. So 7th title would be matched. For 8th, it is harder but still reasonably possible.
I think there are two drivers on the grid who has a chance to beat Hamilton in a title fight, Verstappen and Leclerc. They have so much more to prove but they surely have the potential. Even though Mercedes lose its domination, Lewis can still stay in the title fight to get another one in 2021. It can be harder though if changes that year will have very big impacts on the grid order.
Only driver that raced during Hamilton's career and can surely fight with him for a title at any season would be Alonso. Rosberg had an amazing season in 2016 and even beat him but he was dropped out of the fights in the other seasons. Vettel had one serious chance to fight and even win maybe but he dropped himself out of it as well. So we can say fighting a driver like Hamilton for a title is very hard and a driver that can do it is very rare. We will see if Leclerc or Verstappen will be one of them.
Last edited by TheGkbrk on 04 Nov 2019, 19:47, edited 1 time in total.

zeph

foxmulder_ms wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 02:04
zeph wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 01:45
my $0.02

If the 2021 rules work as intended, records like Schumacher and Hamilton may well become a thing of the past.

If Hamilton is aware of that, it might fuel his motivation to break Schuey’s records, knowing there’s a good chance they will remain in place for a long time.
In 2021 with the rule changes like this.. the current competition will be missed sooo much :D We have 3 teams fighting for the wins right now! Are people blind?!?! 2nd half of the season has been as good as it gets.
I’m not sure if you’re referring to me with the “blind” comment, but objectively RBR hasn’t been in the running for victories since summer break. Ferrari scored three in a row and that was remarkable, but since then Mercedes has won the last four races.

And you can easily argue Verstappen only won Germany because Mercedes uncharacteristically shot themselves in the foot at their home GP. So, two for Verstappen, two for Leclerc, and one for Vettel. All the rest, Mercedes, Mercedes, Mercedes...

The 2021 regs are designed to level the playing field. Your comment sounds as if you think it will have the opposite effect. Not sure how you got there.

Wass85

Little question to all fans, would you rather see Hamilton retire at the top or after a season failing to win the title?