2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

gokarter wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 22:25
redbull should go for a longer wheelbase with a little bit less rake,. it probably the best compromise
Why? Why Is rake a problem ?

Capharol
Capharol

diffuser wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 04:03
GhostF1 wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 03:02
diffuser wrote:
04 Nov 2019, 20:57

For this year...you measure Albon on Saturday and how close he is to Max. On Sunday if he finishes 6th(without retirements of one of the top 3 teams members), It's neither good or bad, It is expected. If he finishes higher on Merit it's good.

So far he hasn't done any of those positives but he hasn't done any of the negatives either. So I wouldn't be over the moon with him nor would I throw him out with the bathwater. I would presume that some point next year he starts to close the gap to Max. If he doesn't then you have a decision to make.
If Alex was on the right strategy in Mexico, he'd of probably of been on the podium. On merit. In the US, if he didn't get smacked by Sainz and require the stop or take the damage his car sustained, he'd of been right up there, likely 4th, on merit. His driving style and overtaking manoeuvres are also far superior to what Gasly showed in the RBR and STR as well.

Bit unfair to say he's done nothing.
He hasn't done enough for me to say hey
and you know what?

He hasn't have to do it for you, he is doing it for Red Bull, CH, HM ..... and they are satisfied with his performance

Bill
Bill

Why is there a lot of Goodwill for this Alex guy he is still 0.6 tenth slower than Max by all measures in f1 terms he is a slow driver irrespective of much you so all hellbent trashing Gasly. Yes he was struggling and perhaps rubbish but his driving style didn't suit the car something you can't say about Albon.

Saint.& Riccardo could match Max in their day .

Wouter

Hino wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 01:49
Supposedly Binotto paid a visit to Horner after the race at the Red Bull hospitality and threatened legal action because of Max's comments about Ferrari.. :mrgreen:

https://www.motorlat.com/notas/f1/13590 ... -the-us-gp
I would not place too much value on this Argentinian site, which likes to take things out of context and exaggerate everything, only for the clicks.
Bystanders have stated that nobody was able to hear anything about the conversation.
They could only see that it was not a friendly conversation.
The Power of Dreams!

ispano6

Bill wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 08:59
Why is there a lot of Goodwill for this Alex guy he is still 0.6 tenth slower than Max by all measures in f1 terms he is a slow driver irrespective of much you so all hellbent trashing Gasly. Yes he was struggling and perhaps rubbish but his driving style didn't suit the car something you can't say about Albon.

Saint.& Riccardo could match Max in their day .
Albon can adapt much better than Gasly. Before I was more in favor of Kvyat but Alex seems to me the clear choice. Gasly seemed to make Renault powered cars look fast. Albon's racecraft is above both. If I were to rate in order it would be Ver, Alb, Gas, Kyv.
Of the rookies, Albon may be faster than Russell and Norris on pure pace. He's also done very well in races on tracks he's visited for the first time. He's binned it a few times but his races have always impressed me especially considering the tyre strategy he's given or circumstances he faced.

godlameroso

I too think he's done enough to keep the seat for next year, either that or Kvyat hasn't done enough to warrant it. The podium was nice, one race does not a season make. I'm sure he'd be closer to Verstappen if the car were relatively faster, and a bit more confidence inspiring than the current package.

Speaking of current package, I feel that Red Bull will be pretty good in Abu Dhabi, they are mighty in the slow and medium speed corners. The track only has a few high speed corners, they may lose out in sector 1 to Mercedes, but they'd win in sector 3. They now have the speed to match them in sector 2.
Last edited by godlameroso on 05 Nov 2019, 13:12, edited 1 time in total.
Saishū kōnā

diffuser

Capharol wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 08:00
diffuser wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 04:03
GhostF1 wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 03:02

If Alex was on the right strategy in Mexico, he'd of probably of been on the podium. On merit. In the US, if he didn't get smacked by Sainz and require the stop or take the damage his car sustained, he'd of been right up there, likely 4th, on merit. His driving style and overtaking manoeuvres are also far superior to what Gasly showed in the RBR and STR as well.

Bit unfair to say he's done nothing.
He hasn't done enough for me to say hey
and you know what?

He hasn't have to do it for you, he is doing it for Red Bull, CH, HM ..... and they are satisfied with his performance
Ricciardo in his first year was besting Vettel regularly. What I see is a guy that is .5 behind Max. Yes he is young. Yes we need to give him a chance but is he WOW? Hell no. Not right now. Could he be WoW? Maybe.

diffuser

godlameroso wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 13:03
I too think he's done enough to keep the seat for next year, either that or Kvyat hasn't done enough to warrant it. The podium was nice, one race does not a season make. I'm sure he'd be closer to Verstappen if the car were relatively faster, and a bit more confidence inspiring than the current package.

Speaking of current package, I feel that Red Bull will be pretty good in Abu Dhabi, they are mighty in the slow and medium speed corners. The track only has a few high speed corners, they may lose out in sector 1 to Mercedes, but they'd win in sector 3. They now have the speed to match them in sector 2.
Agreed.

diffuser

godlameroso wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 02:38
G'dayBruce wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 02:29
Haha, well at least we don't have to worry about Max taking a drive with Ferrari any time soon.
My thoughts exactly.
I don't get why Max tied Ferrari struggle at COTA to not cheating there. Their pace problems was more to do with lack of DF than PU issues. Even if "this" accusation of Ferrari cheating is true, the FIA still has noway of catching them so I don't see why Ferrari would have stopped. Maybe I don't understand the accusation well enough.

etusch

diffuser wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 16:06
godlameroso wrote:
G'dayBruce wrote:
Haha, well at least we don't have to worry about Max taking a drive with Ferrari any time soon.
My thoughts exactly.
I don't get why Max tied Ferrari struggle at COTA to not cheating there. Their pace problems was more to do with lack of DF than PU issues. Even if "this" accusation of Ferrari cheating is true, the FIA still has noway of catching them so I don't see why Ferrari would have stopped. Maybe I don't understand the accusation well enough.
Sorry I couldn't understand well but I think you say that ferrari's problem at COTA was df. But when defending their straight line speed they were saying that their speed was coming from using less df or less drag and not from pu (all of that).
Binotto said after last race that they used higher df at Cota. They were competitive by now with low df but suddenly they decided to use higher df. They didn't test it during fp sessions ( at least one car for low df as before and one car with new approach to comparing settings to see which one is better for race) and kept it at race as if they have any data about it and it didn't worked. We understand this from how hamilton passed Vettel and from what drivers said about lack of grip. So if there were not df why they were not faster then before at straights because of much lesser drag ? Vettel couldn't overtake even mclaren until the failiure.
Last edited by etusch on 05 Nov 2019, 19:13, edited 1 time in total.

Capharol
Capharol

diffuser wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 16:06
godlameroso wrote:
G'dayBruce wrote:
My thoughts exactly.
well it's quiet obvious....
RB sent in a request to the FIA "if they can use a certain way of fuelflow", FIA says no, brings out a directive and suddenly Ferrari is slower on straight speed and even can't match the racepace?

and now i get into conspiracy, so please don't take this to serious, and maybe its my way of thinking .....
[conspiracymodeON] i wonder why Vettels car got broken after all this fuss, how can it be that both Ferraris didn't have the pace as Mercs or Red Bull? they only could match the pace of Renault and McLaren
this is just making the whole thing more suspiscious. [conspiracymodeOFF]

No wonder Max said what everybody in F1 world was thinking (okay a bit to unfiltered, but that's Max) Hamilton did actually said the same thing but more subtile ....

McMika98
McMika98

Abu Dhabi cant some soon enough. Expecting the bulls be up there with some updates.
Looks like Albon will be getting the drive next year.
Too early prediction for next year: Albon to continue his streak of outscoring Max and snatching the title from Hamilton, forcing Ham and Vettel to retire.

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
05 Nov 2019, 20:07
Abu Dhabi cant some soon enough. Expecting the bulls be up there with some updates.
Looks like Albon will be getting the drive next year.
Too early prediction for next year: Albon to continue his streak of outscoring Max and snatching the title from Hamilton, forcing Ham and Vettel to retire.
That would end like 2010 ended at Abu Dhabi... :lol:

loner

para bellum.

godlameroso

All Verstappen needs to be a complete driver is to master the art of politics.
Saishū kōnā