2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
diffuser

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

langedweil

godlameroso wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 00:09
All Verstappen needs to be a complete driver is to master the art of politics.
Nah, just an equalesque car will do that job I reckon ...
Plz stop that plastic political blabber without any meaning asap, no need for another Lewis ..
HuggaWugga !

Jambier

Yes

RB needs to be able to win championship in 2021, and then everything will be ok with Max
Otherwise it will be war internally I fear

Marti_EF3

USA race pace

Sectors

Stint 1

Stint 2

Stint 3

Wouter

Marti_EF3 wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 14:13
USA race pace

https://soymotor.com/sites/default/file ... -16-48.jpg

Thank you @Marti. :wink:
The Power of Dreams!

diffuser

langedweil wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 03:38
godlameroso wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 00:09
All Verstappen needs to be a complete driver is to master the art of politics.
Nah, just an equalesque car will do that job I reckon ...
Plz stop that plastic political blabber without any meaning asap, no need for another Lewis ..
I agree with godlameroso, He still needs seasoning. If he wants to facilitate winning he needs to clean up a few things.

- The type of comments that led to him losing the pole in Mex have to stop.
- When you're a driver, "cheating" comments with regards to regulations are not in your purview. Focus Grasshopper.
- Reduce contact. Contact is tough to recover from today, imagine after 2020 IF the field tightens up?

HondaPOD
HondaPOD

Jambier wrote:
06 Nov 2019, 13:14
Yes

RB needs to be able to win championship in 2021, and then everything will be ok with Max
Otherwise it will be war internally I fear
Jambier, What's about 2020 ?
Why you do not trust RBR to challenge on the Drivers or Constructor title for 2020 ?
You still think that RBR should stick with Renault ?
thanks

godlameroso

I honestly think that RBR will be right up there next year. I expect everyone to improve, how much depends on how soon they switched focus. Those who overcommitted to this year may not improve as much as others who made a more timely transition. I still think parts of the RB15 weren't as developed as they could be, and these corrections could certainly put the car in contention.
Saishū kōnā

Capharol
Capharol

godlameroso wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 01:07
I honestly think that RBR will be right up there next year. I expect everyone to improve, how much depends on how soon they switched focus. Those who overcommitted to this year may not improve as much as others who made a more timely transition. I still think parts of the RB15 weren't as developed as they could be, and these corrections could certainly put the car in contention.
we can only guess, so we have to wait and see

IvailoStefanovBG

According to Wazari RB switched focus to 2020 at the summer break.

Wouter

Max visits Exact: 'I think we have a good chance in Brazil'

After back-to-back races in Mexico and the USA, Max Verstappen prepares for the finale of the 2019 Formula 1 World Championship with Brazilian and Abu Dhabi Grands Prix remaining. After quickly visiting his home in Monaco, the Aston Martin Red Bull Racing driver stopped by the Exact head quarters in the Netherlands. There, the Dutchman was welcomed by hundredths of Exact employees, before being interviewed.

How do you feel about your third place at the Circuit of the Americas? “The weekend was good. We were competitive on a track that, normally, doesn’t suit us over one lap. But it actually went pretty smooth. Some weekends it’s really difficult to find the right balance but it all worked well.”

"Straight after the race I was disappointed that I wasn’t able to fight the Mercedes, but once I got out of the car and realised it missed a huge chunk of the floor, an area with a big effect on the performance, I thought we did a pretty good job.”

The 2019 season has only two races remaining. What are your hopes for the remainder of this campaign? “I think we have a good chance in Brazil. Last year in the race we were very competitive. We should’ve won if it hadn’t been for a backmarker. Nevertheless, I’m looking forward to return. After a few difficult weekends, things are better and I hope to fight for a podium in Brazil.”

What are your expectations for next year? “We have to wait and see. We are working very hard as a team. Of course, we’ve had good results, but we want to take the next step and fight for the championship. This first year with Honda was a learning year and we made a lot of progress. Everyone is motivated and wants to win; that’s the right mentality”, concludes Max, who leaves straight for Milton Keynes to drive Red Bull simulator in preparation for the Brazilian Grand Prix.
https://www.verstappen.nl/en/article/3892/
The Power of Dreams!

izzy
izzy

The thing the team most needs is a bit more humility and less entitlement from Max, if you ask me. Still not accepting his mistakes, like Brazil last year, he's not learning what he needs to learn. He's the perfect example of how in F1 it needs more than blinding speed.

And Charles is learning

Wouter

izzy wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 11:11
The thing the team most needs is a bit more humility and less entitlement from Max, if you ask me. Still not accepting his mistakes, like Brazil last year, he's not learning what he needs to learn. He's the perfect example of how in F1 it needs more than blinding speed.

And Charles is learning
Leclerc and Max both say the same thing:

Max says what he thinks and

Leclerc says what he thinks others want to hear. :)
The Power of Dreams!

nzjrs

Wouter wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 11:32
izzy wrote:

And Charles is learning

I think it is that both drivers know where the line of 'beyond this one seems unprofessional / petty'. Max proudly walks over it, Charles walks right up to it and not yet beyond.

Saying what others want to hear is another orthogonal axis IMO. But this is probably OT.

izzy
izzy

Wouter wrote:
07 Nov 2019, 11:32
izzy wrote:

And Charles is learning

well it's true Max says what he thinks, and yes in that sense i trust him more than Charles. I was really disappointed in Charles in Monza, But Max really needs to be less aggressive, it's costing so many great results. Even in Suzuka, while it was 100% Charles' fault on the day, at the same time it arose from Max's feuding that he gets into so easily

and Charles is super self-critical and learning as fast as he can, without the stubbornness, and as these two get into their mega rivalry over the next years that's going to make a difference