Red Bull RB15

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Sevach

Re: Red Bull RB15

Looks like an exercise to test outwash to me as well.

gandharva

Maplesoup wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 22:59
f1rules wrote:
15 Nov 2019, 22:52
Rb testing fer mcl sauber solution
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJcQQs0XYAE ... name=large
Tbh that's probably just a low downforce and high downforce wing. The concept of the wing isn't very different, just loading the outside of the wing a little bit less.
Jub. Low drag/low downforce version. Same concept.

f1rules

Fabrega
“On FP2, Verstappen tested a new front wing with more outwash effect. 2020 concept?”

Scarbstech:
“Red bull among the majority of teans to try an inboard loaded FW”

Slo Poke

Red Bull presently have two fine drivers and as such, for 2020, a little protection wouldn’t go amiss here. Albon will have been instructed to go out and test that fancy wing and look where it put him. Seems to me Red Bull are merely playing around with aerodynamical misleads trying to make sense of fezza and merc’s turn in, apex and exit speed. Well the answer to that little conundrum isn’t to be found in aero and as such Red Bull need to be just a tad more circumspect, surely they know what they’re competing against. I do, to the extent that at times I’m sorry I’m still alive. The fezza and merc turn in, apex and exit abilities are to be found mechanically within the differential, it’s as simple as that, before anyone gets inadvertently hurt due to some orchestrated low speed test.

McMika98

Too little too late. All teams have tons of data with the inboard loading whilst Redbull went the other way. Dont expect wins in 2020.

zibby43

f1rules wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 08:03
Fabrega
“On FP2, Verstappen tested a new front wing with more outwash effect. 2020 concept?”

Scarbstech:
“Red bull among the majority of teans to try an inboard loaded FW”
Scarbs is the one that shared Fabrega's photos (below).

LM10

When at the beginning of the season Ferrari, Sauber, Racing Point and Toro Rosso were the only teams who came up with that front wing design, it was reported that Newey was telling that the concept RBR went for had more potential. Seems like he was wrong. But he also told that RBR‘s whole car concept would make it easy to change to the outwashing concept. So I don’t except them to be in a big disadvantageous position.

Xray

McMika98 wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 08:57
Too little too late. All teams have tons of data with the inboard loading whilst Redbull went the other way. Dont expect wins in 2020.
Back to your usual nagging? Anyway, STR has the inboard loading as well, plenty of data available there...

etusch

McMika98 wrote:
there is one exception that is, if they hire you who is a f1 car genius

Marti_EF3

Xray wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 10:23
McMika98 wrote:
Back to your usual nagging? Anyway, STR has the inboard loading as well, plenty of data available there...
Agreed. STR went the opposite way, so they have full data to compare. So I think it's not a big deal

McMika98

Marti_EF3 wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 13:34
Xray wrote:
McMika98 wrote:
Agreed. STR went the opposite way, so they have full data to compare. So I think it's not a big deal
The aero teams are independent, one in Bicester other in Milton Keynes. They cant share information, they dont use same resources unlike Haas and Ferrari who use same wind tunnel. If FIA gets wind of information sharing they will fine them.

Marti_EF3

McMika98 wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 15:37
Marti_EF3 wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 13:34
Xray wrote:

The aero teams are independent, one in Bicester other in Milton Keynes. They cant share information, they dont use same resources unlike Haas and Ferrari who use same wind tunnel. If FIA gets wind of information sharing they will fine them.
You're too inocent if you think they don't share any data...

Big Tea

Slo Poke wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 08:07
Red Bull presently have two fine drivers and as such, for 2020, a little protection wouldn’t go amiss here. Albon will have been instructed to go out and test that fancy wing and look where it put him. Seems to me Red Bull are merely playing around with aerodynamical misleads trying to make sense of fezza and merc’s turn in, apex and exit speed. Well the answer to that little conundrum isn’t to be found in aero and as such Red Bull need to be just a tad more circumspect, surely they know what they’re competing against. I do, to the extent that at times I’m sorry I’m still alive. The fezza and merc turn in, apex and exit abilities are to be found mechanically within the differential, it’s as simple as that, before anyone gets inadvertently hurt due to some orchestrated low speed test.
I thought along the same lines. They do not want to destroy Albon's confidence, so why give him the one-and-only-super-duper-next-big-thing wing to go and test in the wet with not even the best tyre on?

Smacks of mis-direction to me. Some valuable time wasted by the competition checking just in case it real was the plan to go down that road and follow something RBR thought may be worthwhile, even if they tested it and knew different.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

lio007

Nice to see them experimenting with the new FW on Max' car in FP3. (although there seem to be some troubles with the pick up points)

lio007

"Naked" rear wheel assembly (right click for full-res):