2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
langedweil

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

"Car #23 [Albon] was on his normal race line," the verdict read. "Car #44 [Hamilton] attempted to pass on the inside but was unable to get far enough inside to accomplish the overtake and by the time he realised there would not be sufficient room he was unable to back out of the situation and the collision followed.

"The stewards determined that car #44 [was] predominantly at fault for the collision with #car 23 at Turn 10 [Bico de Pato] and therefore ordered a five-second penalty."

Therefor 7th now ..
HuggaWugga !

proteus

turbof1 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:56
I don't know how I feel about that motivation. So both had "the opportunity to avoid and mitigate the incident". Wouldn't that make both elligible for a penalty.

Just an extreme hyperbole: if 2 people were to shoot eachother simultanuously, I don't think a judge would say "they both had the opportunity to avoid and mitigate the incident, so no punishment".
I dont know how many penalty points Vettel has, but i believe with this incident and penalty for it, he would be very close from a race ban, if not even getting one. And aparently he gets a free pass, something what majority of other drivers from lesser teams would not get...another cockup in my opinion. Not only F1 is two tier championship in hardware situation, aparently also in politics.
If i would get the money to start my own F1 team, i would revive Arrows

Jolle

siskue2005 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:57
Jolle wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:55
proteus wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:52

The Ferrari incident is the one who could have waited for the longest, since both of them are out and any possible penalties wont affect the final race result.
but will affect Vettels penalty points.... and he has gathered quite a lot this year
They are not going to punish a Ferrari! They can do whatever they want
Why punish Ferrari? They are the one with a very expensive four time world champion who can't drive straight. They have bigger problems then a few penalty points.

Big Tea

Some immaturity by Albon after the event too. Had he allowed the car to run further off track rather than stop as soon as possible, he would have had an easier entry back into the trailing cars and could have collected some points. It will come though, along with not leaving a barn door.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

turbof1

proteus wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:58
turbof1 wrote:
I don't know how I feel about that motivation. So both had "the opportunity to avoid and mitigate the incident". Wouldn't that make both elligible for a penalty.

Just an extreme hyperbole: if 2 people were to shoot eachother simultanuously, I don't think a judge would say "they both had the opportunity to avoid and mitigate the incident, so no punishment".
I dont know how many penalty points Vettel has, but i believe with this incident and penalty for it, he would be very close from a race ban, if not even getting one. And aparently he gets a free pass, something what majority of other drivers from lesser teams would not get...another cockup in my opinion. Not only F1 is two tier championship in hardware situation, aparently also in politics.
On review I do somewhat agree that both are at fault. They were 'levitating' towards eachother, and I also have to say the contact was quite minimal. Those tyres really don't like some rubbing.

But, if I did have to pick one driver as predominantly at fault, it would be Vettel. The accident is strikingly similar to his with Webber at Turkey 2010.

You just have to feel for Binotto now. It has to be absolutely one of the most disgusting moments as team principals, seeing your drivers destroy eachothers race. Especially for a proud team like Ferrari.
#AeroFrodo

Capharol

proteus wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:52
Capharol wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:49
Wass85 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 22:46
How hard is it to sort the penalties out for God's sake!
calm down bro, they need to analyse ALL the data and cameraviews from the VET/LEC incident... you think that can be done in 5 mins.
and after taht they need to see all the relevant data and cameraviews from the cars that used DRS under double waved yellow
The Ferrari incident is the one who could have waited for the longest, since both of them are out and any possible penalties wont affect the final race result.
i agree that that decision could have been pushed back

Capharol

langedweil wrote:
"Car #23 [Albon] was on his normal race line," the verdict read. "Car #44 [Hamilton] attempted to pass on the inside but was unable to get far enough inside to accomplish the overtake and by the time he realised there would not be sufficient room he was unable to back out of the situation and the collision followed.

"The stewards determined that car #44 [was] predominantly at fault for the collision with #car 23 at Turn 10 [Bico de Pato] and therefore ordered a five-second penalty."

Therefor 7th now ..
you're running behind langedweil :lol: :wink:

LionKing

turbof1 wrote:

I guess after watching the video, between they got tangled or both were intentionally trying to hit each other the stewards decided it was the first!

bluechris

Guys if leclerc had passed vettel how the championship order would had been between the 2 of them?

Edit: never mind, now i saw leclerc was in front, my mistake i thought was equal.
This explains a lot for vettel, in no way can accept to finish behind a rookie teammate.
Last edited by bluechris on 17 Nov 2019, 23:08, edited 1 time in total.

turbof1

Sainz to keep his 3d place. A well meant applause for McLaren for their rise back to the podium =D> .
#AeroFrodo

langedweil

Capharol wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:04
langedweil wrote:

Therefor 7th now ..
you're running behind langedweil :lol: :wink:
I'm in the Caribbean hey, we have a different tempo outhere ...
HuggaWugga !

Capharol

offiacial report to the VET/LEC incident

and Hulkenberg got penalized for overtaking behind the SC

..... more to follow?

turbof1

Shoutout to everyone, or moooosttt of you anyway :mrgreen: , to keep things cool and collected.

We did expect things to be far worse after such a rollercoaster of a race :mrgreen:
#AeroFrodo

Capharol

turbof1 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:09
Sainz to keep his 3d place. A well meant applause for McLaren for their rise back to the podium =D> .
congrats Carlos Sainz
a podium filled with either a driver or ex-driver from RB or TR

dans79

197 104 103 7