2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
hollus

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Pity he missed his Champagne moment. Same as Alonso back in the day... in the same venue! A good omen?!
Rivals, not enemies.

turbof1

I have to say that is the most minimal of contact. Strange how that cause a puncture, and a tyre completely getting the rim.
#AeroFrodo

Capharol

turbof1 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:13
Shoutout to everyone, or moooosttt of you anyway :mrgreen: , to keep things cool and collected.

We did expect things to be far worse after such a rollercoaster of a race :mrgreen:
you meaning me?

bluechris

turbof1 wrote:
I have to say that is the most minimal of contact. Strange how that cause a puncture, and a tyre completely getting the rim.
2 tyres running with 300klms touched with opposite rotations. Im happy that the suspension and all the side of the behind wheel didn't destroyed flying high.
Just imagine the forces on this, this hot gum rubber suddenly from 600klm to a halt..

dans79

turbof1 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:17
Considering the speed, i kind of expected punctures.

Given the last two races, Ferrari might need to look into beefing up their suspension.
197 104 103 7

turbof1

bluechris wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:23
turbof1 wrote:
2 tyres running with 300klms touched with opposite rotations. Im happy that the suspension and all the side of the behind wheel didn't destroyed flying high.
Just imagine the forces on this, this hot gum rubber suddenly from 600klm to a halt..
Good point, thanks!
#AeroFrodo

Wass85

In hindsight looking back Mercedes were foolish to keep Hamilton out at the end. We saw how easy Verstappen passed Hamilton after the first stops so there's no way in hell he could have held him off.

James Vowles surely has to go, one swallow does not make a summer for him IMO.

The team better be working on a new engine for next season or else they are going to be swallowed up from the get go.

Capharol

for those interested in post race interview

https://dai.ly/x7o4dvr

Big Tea

Wass85 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:30
In hindsight looking back Mercedes were foolish to keep Hamilton out at the end. We saw how easy Verstappen passed Hamilton after the first stops so there's no way in hell he could have held him off.

The team better be working on a new engine for next season or else they are going to be swallowed up from the get go.
(discounting the collision) what was to lose? one place either way. I see it as the best call with the knowledge they had.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

TAG

turbof1 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:13
Shoutout to everyone, or moooosttt of you anyway :mrgreen: , to keep things cool and collected.

We did expect things to be far worse after such a rollercoaster of a race :mrgreen:
I've been celebrating for weeks already. I'm tired.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Capharol

Big Tea wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:33
Wass85 wrote:

(discounting the collision) what was to lose? one place either way. I see it as the best call with the knowledge they had.
i found the call "do the opposite of Verstappen" under SC ..... a bit strange he had nothing to win by staying out, he knew from the get go Verstappen would go for Soft and willl be right behind him at the restart..... why not taking the risk and go in for a new (used) set of Softs aswell and push to the limit

foxmulder_ms

I think 5 sec to Ham is BS.

But whatever, that makes KIMI THE 4TH!!! :D

Wass85

Big Tea wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

That's what I thought at first but it's pretty obvious it was the wrong call for these reasons.

1. Hamilton couldn't hold Verstappen off on tyres of a similar age after the first stop, how was he expected to fend him off with faster and fresher tyres?

2. Didn't the team realise that during a safety car the pack is bunched up, this means that you have fast cars on your gearbox with fresh tyres.

3. The Mercedes was very slow up the hill, Mercedes knew this and surely understood they would be a sitting duck once others have DRS.

Capharol

Wass85 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:40
Big Tea wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

That's what I thought at first but it's pretty obvious it was the wrong call for these reasons.

1. Hamilton couldn't hold Verstappen off on tyres of a similar age after the first stop, how was he expected to fend him off with faster and fresher tyres?

2. Didn't the team realise that during a safety car the pack is bunched up, this means that you have fast cars on your gearbox with fresh tyres.

3. The Mercedes was very slow up the hill, Mercedes knew this and surely understood they would be a sitting duck once others have DRS.
i loved the way Verstappen handled the SC restart :lol:

Wass85

Capharol wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:43
Wass85 wrote:
17 Nov 2019, 23:40
Big Tea wrote:

i loved the way Verstappen handled the SC restart :lol:
Yes and that's exactly what Hamilton should have done, leave it to the last second to stop Max getting a tow.

I've noticed this for years but Lewis is terrible at restarts, even more so when on the attack. It's an area he undoubtedly could improve on.