2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
ENGINE TUNER

Re: 2019 Brazilian Grand Prix - Interlagos, 15-17 November

Wass85 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 18:35
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 18:31
Wass85 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 18:14
Just watched the last restart, boy Max is a clever racer. He ensured Albon was by his side before flooring it to stop him getting a tow.

Lewis should take note next time instead of letting folk get a run on him.
I don't think Lewis realized that he could initiate the restart much closer to the start/finish than he did. What is the rule restart before the SC line? Where is that located?

Have to disagree, ALB was fully at fault for opening the door as wide as possible and then closing it when HAM was half way in. Haas did not run into the back of ALB, ALB ran into the side of HAM.
That's on Lewis though tbh, he should know the full procedure by now. Max showed how to make the perfect restart around here. I really do think those long hours on race sims and such really help a driver more than they realise.
It is on Lewis, no doubt. But his team should be helping him with that as well.

Wass85

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 18:38
Wass85 wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 18:31

I don't think Lewis realized that he could initiate the restart much closer to the start/finish than he did. What is the rule restart before the SC line? Where is that located?

Have to disagree, ALB was fully at fault for opening the door as wide as possible and then closing it when HAM was half way in. Haas did not run into the back of ALB, ALB ran into the side of HAM.
That's on Lewis though tbh, he should know the full procedure by now. Max showed how to make the perfect restart around here. I really do think those long hours on race sims and such really help a driver more than they realise.
Yes fair play but I have noticed he is especially poor on restarts is Lewis. Just little niggles here and there but they can be costly when racing someone of Max's calibre.

richardn

I don't think the rules say that unlapping is necessary during a safety car period, they could easily just restart with lapped cars in place if the problem is corrected quickly.
Except under 39.12 below, the safety car shall be used at least until the leader is behind it and
all remaining cars are lined up behind him.

39.12 If the clerk of the course considers it safe to do so, and the message "LAPPED CARS MAY NOW
OVERTAKE" has been sent to all teams via the official messaging system, any cars that have
been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car.
This will only apply to cars that were lapped at the time they crossed the Line at the end of the
lap during which they crossed the first Safety Car line for the second time after the safety car
was deployed.
Having overtaken the cars on the lead lap and the safety car these cars should then proceed
around the track at an appropriate speed, without overtaking, and make every effort to take
up position at the back of the line of cars behind the safety car. Whilst they are overtaking, and
in order to ensure this may be carried out safely, the cars on the lead lap must always stay on
the racing line unless deviating from it is unavoidable. Unless the clerk of the course considers
the presence of the safety car is still necessary, once the last lapped car has passed the leader
the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap.
If the clerk of the course considers track conditions are unsuitable for overtaking the message
"OVERTAKING WILL NOT BE PERMITTED" will be sent to all teams via the official messaging
system.

ENGINE TUNER

Wass85 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 18:41
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

Yes fair play but I have noticed he is especially poor on restarts is Lewis. Just little niggles here and there but they can be costly when racing someone of Max's calibre.
He is not bad on all restarts, but he is hot and cold, not as consistent as one would think. Usually he errors on being too safe or conservative, mainly because of the nonsense points racing nature of F1. Locking up and flatspotting a tire can cost a lot of points.

Wass85

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 18:48
Wass85 wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:

He is not bad on all restarts, but he is hot and cold, not as consistent as one would think. Usually he errors on being too safe or conservative, mainly because of the nonsense points racing nature of F1. Locking up and flatspotting a tire can cost a lot of points.
He's worse when he's following another car, whenever there's a restart you can always count on him having to defend instead of being the attacker. I want the old Lewis blended in the modern version.

ENGINE TUNER

Wass85 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 19:00
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

He's worse when he's following another car, whenever there's a restart you can always count on him having to defend instead of being the attacker. I want the old Lewis blended in the modern version.
The Merc is worse when it is following another car, regardless of the driver, iirc ROS and BOT were poorer on restarts than HAM.

TAG

Wass85 wrote:
Congratulations, you've earned it. One of only two on the ignore list.
:wtf:
Last edited by TAG on 18 Nov 2019, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Wass85

ENGINE TUNER wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 19:02
Wass85 wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:

The Merc is worse when it is following another car, regardless of the driver, iirc ROS and BOT were poorer on restarts than HAM.
I don't know about that pal. After a few corners he's back on pace, I'm specifically talking about the run up to the start-finish line once they bolt for it. You can count on Lewis being more car lengths behind than just about every other driver.

I think I ask too much of him sometimes being a fan, I want him to be perfect in all aspects of racing. 😂

NathanOlder

TAG wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 19:17
Wass85 wrote:
And the other one is probably his other account :lol:
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

NathanOlder

Wass85 wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 19:18
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

I don't know about that pal. After a few corners he's back on pace, I'm specifically talking about the run up to the start-finish line once they bolt for it. You can count on Lewis being more car lengths behind than just about every other driver.

I think I ask too much of him sometimes being a fan, I want him to be perfect in all aspects of racing. 😂
You only ask too much because, like the rest of us Ham fans we are far too used to him being the best driver by a mile. When he doesn't win, despite not being in the best car it's disappointing. But don't worry he will beat all the records and go on beating the young pretenders like Charles, Lando and George.
I feel sorry for the max fans. all this false hope, every year, must be gutting for you
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

PlatinumZealot

Wass85 has been a self proclaimed Hamilton fan from 2017. I suggest you guys stop bullying him!

Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:45 pm
Wass85 wrote:
02 Mar 2017, 19:45
For a fan Hamilton is massively frustrating. I for the life of me can't understand why he wouldn't want to spend every second possible in the car.

His work ethic, commitment and attitude is very questionable to me, it's of no surprise that he alienates himself from teams.
Last edited by PlatinumZealot on 18 Nov 2019, 19:41, edited 2 times in total.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

El Scorchio

Wass85 wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

You can probably drop the pretence of being a Hamilton fan. I think everyone can pretty easily see you're not.

Wass85

TAG wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 19:17
Wass85 wrote:
Thank god for that, now I won't have to reply to you.

turbof1

Ok, is this discussion going anywhere? I thought we had a thriller of race and we are discussing anything but the race?

#AeroFrodo

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
18 Nov 2019, 19:38
Wass85 wrote:
ENGINE TUNER wrote:

You only ask too much because, like the rest of us Ham fans we are far too used to him being the best driver by a mile. When he doesn't win, despite not being in the best car it's disappointing. But don't worry he will beat all the records and go on beating the young pretenders like Charles, Lando and George.
I feel sorry for the max fans. all this false hope, every year, must be gutting for you
Listen we both know how talented Max is, he's far from being a young pretender.

Yes I do expect too much from Lewis at times, when he wins races you think he can't then you expect that of him all the time.