Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
RZS10

Re: Racing games

The 2012 game was the last one i unfortunately bought and ended up being vastly disappointed and I am 100% sure that it only had one practice session.

I had a 'test' version of 2017 which i did not bother playing because of how poor the feedback through the wheel was.

I have 2015 because they gave that away for free, did a few online races with friends (4 hours total) and we went back to racing in AC.
I did a quick race against the "AI" and as soon as i went into the pits all the cars which pitted on a different lap than me jumped me, i assume it was the same sh|t as in the old ones where the "AI" despite not being quicker during the race (no pressure from them and not holding them up) went faster when being "simulated" (doing lap times from a lookup table or some lazy garbage like that) ...
I remember that it also used to do that when you fast forwarded quali in the 2012 version, especially in the wet, i was sitting through all quali sessions on track in order to prevent that ...
Their "AI" was always cheating in changing conditions as well because it never actually "drove" on the track and they never got the correlation between track conditions and fake laptimes right.

So yea ... as far as i can tell their "AI" cheated in all versions up until 2015 and at least one game only had one practice session ... the F1 games are really just the FIFA of racing games.

Maybe my memories are clouded but to me the F1 Challenge 99-02 game was better when it came to the driving than any Codemasters F1 game.
根据所有已知的航空法,蜜蜂不可能飞翔。它的翅膀太小,无法让胖小的身体掉到地上。蜜蜂当然会飞,因为蜜蜂不在乎人类认为不可能的事情。黄色,黑色。黄色,黑色。黄色,黑色。黄色,黑色。哦,黑色和黄色!让我们摇一摇。巴里!早餐准备好了!呜呜!稍等一下,稍等一会儿。你好? -巴里? - 亚当? -Oan,您认为这正在发生?我不能我去接你看起来很犀利。使用楼梯。你父亲为此付了好钱。抱歉。我很兴奋。这是毕业生。儿子,我们为您感到骄傲。一张完美的成绩单,全是B。很骄傲。嘛!我这里有东西。 -绒毛很薄。 -哇!那是我! -向我们挥手!我们将排在第

Wass85
Wass85

Have any of you guys got a rig?

I love the idea of having a proper setup but I think my Mrs would leave me for being a nerd.

NathanOlder

Yeah, built my own motion rig about 5yrs ago. love it but with 2 children and a 3 bedroom house, I lost my games room. :cry:

but this year I have built a new room in my garage, so once I get a new Computer over Christmas, I'm up and running as as again.

Also have a DD1 f1 podium wheel lined up with some discount, so that may be my Christmas present to me from me.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

Does anyone play F1 2019 on Ps4, Now setting up a league at

https://rapidpixelracing.com

Wass85
Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:24 pm
Yeah, built my own motion rig about 5yrs ago. love it but with 2 children and a 3 bedroom house, I lost my games room. :cry:

but this year I have built a new room in my garage, so once I get a new Computer over Christmas, I'm up and running as as again.

Also have a DD1 f1 podium wheel lined up with some discount, so that may be my Christmas present to me from me.
Any idea the costs of buying a rig with the wheel and pedals, I'd love to tbh because I think I'd be pretty good on a wheel going by how decent I am on a pad.

rscsr

Wass85 wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 10:05 pm
NathanOlder wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 8:24 pm

Any idea the costs of buying a rig with the wheel and pedals, I'd love to tbh because I think I'd be pretty good on a wheel going by how decent I am on a pad.
I built a rig with a DD wheel for about 1700€

NathanOlder

Yeah build one, works out way cheaper.

depends on what budget you have in mind when buying a rig.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

mertol

I have triple screen on a desk.

Wass85
Wass85

Any idea how good the Thrustmaster wheel and pedals are for the PS4?

rscsr

Wass85 wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 6:52 pm
Any idea how good the Thrustmaster wheel and pedals are for the PS4?
The T500 RS seem to have only 0.15Nm torque. Which is next to nothing. A Fanatec CSL Elite would be a much better investment imho.
And the T500RS pedals don't seem to have load cells. So it can't be recommended.

But such wheels have always a kinda dampened feeling due to their belt driven wheels. If you have the possibility to test wheels somewhere I really recommend it to do so. Most wheels really feel like steering honey.

NathanOlder

Yeah the Fanatec stuff is amazing, but very expensive in comparison.

Thrustmaster are probably the best of the low end budget stuff.

When using the Fanatec F1 podium wheel setup, we set the torque to OVER 20Nm and a few laps around Silverstone was a hell of a workout! A full distance race would be killer.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0

mertol

Logitech has even lower torque but I prefer my g27 over t500. The ffb is more detailed and the build quality is higher.

Alonso Fan

mertol wrote:
Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:34 am
I have triple screen on a desk.
I rsce on a single screen but have ordered a rift.

You can get really cheap used examples if you don't mind looking at the Dev kits. Got my dk2 at around £90 used mint condition
MVRC - SHM Racing

spidersaurus
spidersaurus

Honestly once I go osw and he pedal... Hard to go back to fanatec

Wass85
Wass85

Fired GT Sport back up after about 3 months away. Ended up winning an epic at a wet Spa in which I made the wrong tyre choice in a GT3 race.

The track wasn't as wet as I first believed and so I made the wrong tyre choice by going for full wets.

It wasn't so bad for the first few laps until I started burning through them, ended up having an epic finish with a TT who was on Inters.

He kept his tyres in good shape and had way more rubber at the end, things got a bit tasty but I somehow held on for the win.

Zynerji
Zynerji

mertol wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:11 pm
Logitech has even lower torque but I prefer my g27 over t500. The ffb is more detailed and the build quality is higher.
I second the G27, but would also say a used G25 might be a super buy.