Racing games

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Wass85

Re: Racing games

Have any of you guys got a rig?

I love the idea of having a proper setup but I think my Mrs would leave me for being a nerd.

NathanOlder

Yeah, built my own motion rig about 5yrs ago. love it but with 2 children and a 3 bedroom house, I lost my games room. :cry:

but this year I have built a new room in my garage, so once I get a new Computer over Christmas, I'm up and running as as again.

Also have a DD1 f1 podium wheel lined up with some discount, so that may be my Christmas present to me from me.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

Wass85

NathanOlder wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 21:24
Yeah, built my own motion rig about 5yrs ago. love it but with 2 children and a 3 bedroom house, I lost my games room. :cry:

but this year I have built a new room in my garage, so once I get a new Computer over Christmas, I'm up and running as as again.

Also have a DD1 f1 podium wheel lined up with some discount, so that may be my Christmas present to me from me.
Any idea the costs of buying a rig with the wheel and pedals, I'd love to tbh because I think I'd be pretty good on a wheel going by how decent I am on a pad.

rscsr

Wass85 wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 23:05
NathanOlder wrote:
24 Nov 2019, 21:24

Any idea the costs of buying a rig with the wheel and pedals, I'd love to tbh because I think I'd be pretty good on a wheel going by how decent I am on a pad.
I built a rig with a DD wheel for about 1700€

NathanOlder

Yeah build one, works out way cheaper.

depends on what budget you have in mind when buying a rig.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

mertol

I have triple screen on a desk.

Wass85

Any idea how good the Thrustmaster wheel and pedals are for the PS4?

rscsr

Wass85 wrote:
25 Nov 2019, 19:52
Any idea how good the Thrustmaster wheel and pedals are for the PS4?
The T500 RS seem to have only 0.15Nm torque. Which is next to nothing. A Fanatec CSL Elite would be a much better investment imho.
And the T500RS pedals don't seem to have load cells. So it can't be recommended.

But such wheels have always a kinda dampened feeling due to their belt driven wheels. If you have the possibility to test wheels somewhere I really recommend it to do so. Most wheels really feel like steering honey.

NathanOlder

Yeah the Fanatec stuff is amazing, but very expensive in comparison.

Thrustmaster are probably the best of the low end budget stuff.

When using the Fanatec F1 podium wheel setup, we set the torque to OVER 20Nm and a few laps around Silverstone was a hell of a workout! A full distance race would be killer.
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

mertol

Logitech has even lower torque but I prefer my g27 over t500. The ffb is more detailed and the build quality is higher.

Alonso Fan

mertol wrote:
25 Nov 2019, 08:34
I have triple screen on a desk.
I rsce on a single screen but have ordered a rift.

You can get really cheap used examples if you don't mind looking at the Dev kits. Got my dk2 at around £90 used mint condition
SHR Modding
Youtube
Twitter
Discord

Sound Developer for Reiza Studios
Sound Modder for Assetto Corsa

spidersaurus

Honestly once I go osw and he pedal... Hard to go back to fanatec

Wass85

Fired GT Sport back up after about 3 months away. Ended up winning an epic at a wet Spa in which I made the wrong tyre choice in a GT3 race.

The track wasn't as wet as I first believed and so I made the wrong tyre choice by going for full wets.

It wasn't so bad for the first few laps until I started burning through them, ended up having an epic finish with a TT who was on Inters.

He kept his tyres in good shape and had way more rubber at the end, things got a bit tasty but I somehow held on for the win.

Zynerji

mertol wrote:
26 Nov 2019, 14:11
Logitech has even lower torque but I prefer my g27 over t500. The ffb is more detailed and the build quality is higher.
I second the G27, but would also say a used G25 might be a super buy.

SteveRacer

I am currently on a G25. I only have 2 complaints. 1 is that it only has 2 buttons on the wheel. 2 is that it can be very noisy going straight. Its not always noisy but it can be when the road is very flat. Even a little camber will keep it quiet. I notice that Monza is very noisy.