2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, 29 - 1 November/December

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
NathanOlder

Re: 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, 29 - 1 November/December

Restomaniac wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:06
atanatizante wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:03
HAM just did the fastest lap of the race on his 24 lap or so old hard tyres and he managed to be almost 1 sec. quicker than LEC`s fastest lap on the soft ones .... How about that!
And some say Ferrari hasn’t lost pace since the TD’s remembering that the Ferrari is tons younger :shock:
tons younger :lol:

What can that even mean? a heavy age newer?
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

New found love for GT racing with Assetto Corsa Competizione on PS5 & PC

atanatizante

Regarding consistency, HAM was the only driver who did finish this year all races and more of that, all of them were into the points! He was focused on seeing the long game after all, isn`t it? So his mind and approach were more towards on the race setup not like some youngster forum mates have thought he just lost his qualy abilities ... :mrgreen:

And he was along VET, STR and RUS the only driver in 2019 who hadn't had any penalties down to the mechanical failures!
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

NathanOlder wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:12
Restomaniac wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:06
atanatizante wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:03
HAM just did the fastest lap of the race on his 24 lap or so old hard tyres and he managed to be almost 1 sec. quicker than LEC`s fastest lap on the soft ones .... How about that!
And some say Ferrari hasn’t lost pace since the TD’s remembering that the Ferrari is tons younger :shock:
tons younger :lol:

What can that even mean? a heavy age newer?
Tons as in a lot more than plenty :wink:

TAG

I like Lando Norris.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

MtthsMlw

80 days to Winter Testing!

atanatizante

MtthsMlw wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:26
And 105 days until the first 2020 race! I hardly can wait for that, man :D ...
"I don`t have all the answers. Try Google!"
Jesus

TAG

atanatizante wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:18
Regarding consistency, HAM was the only driver who did finish this year all races and more of that, all of them were into the points! He was focused on seeing the long game after all, isn`t it? So his mind and approach were more towards on the race setup not like some youngster forum mates have thought he just lost his qualy abilities ... :mrgreen:
I'm sure Hamilton would take no issues copy/pasting this year into 2020. Lost qualifying abilities and all. 8)
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

GPR-A

This race shows the recent races were interesting, only because Lewis was behind another car. If Ferrari wouldn't have got all those poles in between, most races would have ended the way this race ended. Without a doubt, W10 is seriously fast race car and quite far ahead of it's rivals. If others don't make progress in qualifying for next year, where FIA is going to introduce another sensor to monitor the fuel flow, it would be another forgettable season for others if they can't keep the Mercedes behind.

The cars are going to be an evolution of this year, with once again, the tyres are going to be a big factor. It's hard to imagine if someone could pull a rabbit out of the hat and manage to get big margin over others.

siskue2005

atanatizante wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:35
MtthsMlw wrote:
And 105 days until the first 2020 race! I hardly can wait for that, man :D ...
Yup, it is not that far considering last decade we had upto 140 to 150 days after the final race

Capharol
Capharol

Juzh wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:16
NathanOlder wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:10
Juzh wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:02

exit on the back straight vettel was 0.995s behind, barely getting drs. It doesn't matter what age tire was at that point. Or are you intentionnaly playing ignorant?
:lol: barely getting DRS. Maybe he was only able to open half of it?

Seriously though, Albon in a different power mode, Seb recharging more in the lap prior, much better launch off the hairpin, much better tyres.
siskue2005 wrote:
Juzh wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:07

After traction limited zone was over vettel was still 0.85s behind, then ended up like 1 tenth ahead just before braking zone. Keep dreaming mate if you think honda was anywhere near ferrari PU performance in this race.
Lol, why are you getting all defensive? :lol: i just asked a question regarding a car which had 30 laps younger tyre life ...which was a genuine question :) And where did i say anything like what you claimed?? :roll: :lol:
After traction limited zone was over vettel was still 0.85s behind,
Didnt the 30 laps old tyre hinder his exit? doesnt the exit make his traction poor, hence couldnt reach the maximum achievable top speed? All i am saying is we cannot compare a car with 30 laps old tyre to claim something.
Thanks for reminding me why both of you are on my ignore list. I Really should not be clicking on those "display this post" buttons, expecting something meaningfull behind it. Have a nice day :!:
well your claim is bold.....
because Vettel was
a) on the fresher tyre
and b) on the Medium tyre compared to Albon on the Hard tyre and it is known the medium has better grip, ergo better traction as the hard tyre
and c) Vettel had DRS aswell
lets not forget d) an engine which has 7kph more, it ain't much but it's enough
and in my opinion these 3 ingredients are a good mixture to close a gap really fast

Sevach
Sevach

Juzh wrote:
siskue2005 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:04
Juzh wrote:

exit on the back straight vettel was 0.995s behind, barely getting drs. It doesn't matter what age tire was at that point. Or are you intentionnaly playing ignorant?
doesn't it matter? mainly when accelerating out of a corner?
After traction limited zone was over vettel was still 0.85s behind, then ended up like 1 tenth ahead just before braking zone. Keep dreaming mate if you think honda was anywhere near ferrari PU performance in this race.
In a race where we saw Leclerc blast past Verstappen no DRS, Vettel not doing the same just because he got scared of being on the outside of Verstappen.
And later Vettel coming from way behind to be ahead of Albon in the braking point, and then completing an overtake halfway of next the straight they are still going on about the engine...
Vettel also managing to attack Bottas without DRS, Bottas on Hulk's slipstream being roughly equal to Vettel taking air to the face.

Even if you were looking at the timing you could see Leclerc making time on Hamilton on S1-S2 only to eat a massive loss in S3.

I mean talk about the chassis, that clearly stunk.

NathanOlder

Juzh wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:16
NathanOlder wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 17:10
Juzh wrote:

:lol: barely getting DRS. Maybe he was only able to open half of it?

Seriously though, Albon in a different power mode, Seb recharging more in the lap prior, much better launch off the hairpin, much better tyres.
siskue2005 wrote:
Juzh wrote:

Lol, why are you getting all defensive? :lol: i just asked a question regarding a car which had 30 laps younger tyre life ...which was a genuine question :) And where did i say anything like what you claimed?? :roll: :lol:
After traction limited zone was over vettel was still 0.85s behind,
Didnt the 30 laps old tyre hinder his exit? doesnt the exit make his traction poor, hence couldnt reach the maximum achievable top speed? All i am saying is we cannot compare a car with 30 laps old tyre to claim something.
Thanks for reminding me why both of you are on my ignore list. I Really should not be clicking on those "display this post" buttons, expecting something meaningfull behind it. Have a nice day :!:
So your saying Albon had all the power he needed?

You also start with the gap being 0.995 an the exit to the back straight, when thats a 100% lie. Then you say ended up "like 1 tenth up" when it was 0.0.

So keep me on your ignore list, and I will do the same so I don't have to read your lies buddy.

Toodle-oo
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

NathanOlder

MtthsMlw wrote:
about 70 to the first car launch then :P
GoLandoGo
Lewis v2.0
King George has arrived.

Restomaniac
Restomaniac

Is the the bit where Karun gets his consultation fee again? :P
Last edited by Restomaniac on 01 Dec 2019, 17:58, edited 1 time in total.

Unc1eM0nty

Great end to the last race of the season

Bottas chasing down Leclerc, Vettel chasing down Gasly, Perez on Norris and Sainz on Hulk, the director didn't know here to look

Moar of this next season please :)