2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, 29 - 1 November/December

For ease of use, there is one thread per grand prix where you can discuss everything during that specific GP weekend. You can find these threads here.
Just_a_fan

Re: 2019 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix - Yas Marina Circuit, 29 - 1 November/December

Wass85 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:09
Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:05
Wass85 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 22:59

Because I think anyone with a bit of sense about F1 will know he's not.

He's hardly been hot property has he?
The only certain comparison is between team mates. The rest is whistling in the wind.

Hamilton has only lost two seasons to his team mates in 13 seasons. He's had three champions as team mates. And on balance beat them all.

And people question his talent. :roll:
You are going off tangent here.

It's not about Lewis, we all know how talented he is. This is about Verstappen and Leclerc, if either of those were partnered against Bottas then they both beat him let's face it.
Oh, no. We're all aware of the real reason - people determined to "prove" Hamilton is only good because of the car.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wass85

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:13
Wass85 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:09
Just_a_fan wrote:

The only certain comparison is between team mates. The rest is whistling in the wind.

Hamilton has only lost two seasons to his team mates in 13 seasons. He's had three champions as team mates. And on balance beat them all.

You are going off tangent here.

It's not about Lewis, we all know how talented he is. This is about Verstappen and Leclerc, if either of those were partnered against Bottas then they both beat him let's face it.
Oh, no. We're all aware of the real reason - people determined to "prove" Hamilton is only good because of the car.
The McLaren years show that is not true but in a way yes, he is being this good because of the car.

At the end of the day he's winning the title, what more can he do. But it is true that the likes of Verstappen and Leclerc would win in the Mercedes being partnered with Bottas.

Now that doesn't mean they would automatically beat Lewis but I wouldn't fancy putting my hard earned money on the outcome.

The team is in desperate need of a shake up but as a fan I don't think my nerves could take it.

Just_a_fan

Wass85 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:18
The team is in desperate need of a shake up but as a fan I don't think my nerves could take it.
What? They've won constructor and driver titles 6 years running. What shake up is required? What would it achieve?
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

Wass85

Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:25
Wass85 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:18
What? They've won constructor and driver titles 6 years running. What shake up is required? What would it achieve?
For us the fans that's what!
And yes the team will see no reason to as they have the best car on the grid.

I pray to God that Alonso gets a top seat somehow for next season, I'm bored of the status quo.

Pyrone89

Just_a_fan wrote:
Wass85 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 22:59
Just_a_fan wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 22:57

How do we know Bottas is not in the class of Max, Charles?
Because I think anyone with a bit of sense about F1 will know he's not.

He's hardly been hot property has he?

Stop twisting people’s words. Nobody was questioning his talent. Just asking to be objective and see how much the car is helping him these past 6 years. Just compare Ham stats pre-2014 and post-2014 and you have your answer. Excellent driver, but not the god some make him out to be.
True GOATs don’t need the help of superior material to win.

Tom Brady, Usain Bolt are true GOATs.

aral

Can we please get back on topic and lay off all this fanboy ying yang?

Wass85

No driver is a god, nowadays there's a tenth or two between the good and the great. What makes the likes of Hamilton and Verstappen great is their consistency to have the pace week in week out.

They are very fast on Saturday and even better on a Sunday, those two together would make Prost/Senna and Alonso/Hamilton look like a walk in the park IMO.

AMG.Tzan

Was that a grand slam today by Hamilton?? Pole, Fastest Lap, Win and Led every lap???
"The only rule is there are no rules" - Aristotle Onassis

Wass85

Can't believe we never got to see Perez's brilliant move on Norris, some driver that Mexican IMO.

MtthsMlw

AMG.Tzan wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:51
Was that a grand slam today by Hamilton?? Pole, Fastest Lap, Win and Led every lap???
Yes =D>

holeindalip

Wass85 wrote:
01 Dec 2019, 23:47
No driver is a god, nowadays there's a tenth or two between the good and the great. What makes the likes of Hamilton and Verstappen great is their consistency to have the pace week in week out.

They are very fast on Saturday and even better on a Sunday, those two together would make Prost/Senna and Alonso/Hamilton look like a walk in the park IMO.

Are you really putting verstappens name and consistency in the same sentence.along with Hamilton’s? Pace maybe, but not results....

Wass85

holeindalip wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:06
Wass85 wrote:

Are you really putting verstappens name and consistency in the same sentence.along with Hamilton’s? Pace maybe, but not results....
Yes I am exactly doing that. The only reason he's had a few run in's is because he's trying to put the car in places it shouldn't be. Go and watch Lewis' 2011 season to see what happens when you try and force results.

holeindalip

Wass85 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:09
holeindalip wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

Yes I am exactly doing that. The only reason he's had a few run in's is because he's trying to put the car in places it shouldn't be. Go and watch Lewis' 2011 season to see what happens when you try and force results.
Verstappen was leading a race and crashed into a back marker (or vice versa however you see it) putting his car in places it shouldn’t be...

TAG

holeindalip wrote:
Wass85 wrote:

A couple races back he was hailing Bottas as a shoe in for the 2020 title. Don't waste your time, enjoy the off season.
माकडाच्या हाती कोलीत

Wass85

holeindalip wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:12
Wass85 wrote:
02 Dec 2019, 00:09
holeindalip wrote:

Verstappen was leading a race and crashed into a back marker (or vice versa however you see it) putting his car in places it shouldn’t be...
I'm sure I've seen Lewis do that whilst passing drivers twice, against a certain Japanese driver in 2011 and a certain Finn in 2013.

If you're being petty Hamilton was just as error prone in 2011 than Verstappen but much slower, the Dutchman never got outpaced like Lewis did against Button particularly at the tail end of the season.