2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Manoah2u

Re: 2019 Aston Martin Red Bull Racing - Honda F1 Team

Wouter wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 10:06
https://scontent-ams4-1.cdninstagram.co ... e=5E881EA2

3th Place in the WDC.

https://scontent-ams4-1.cdninstagram.co ... e=5E759474

alex_albon: An honour to be named the @fia.official 2019 Rookie of the Year 😬 It’s been a pretty surreal season for me and I can’t thank everyone who’s helped me to get here enough. There are areas I know I need to improve, so let’s make 2020 even better!
https://scontent-ams4-1.cdninstagram.co ... e=5E6A0A19

F1 Best overtaking of the Year.

https://scontent-ams4-1.cdninstagram.co ... e=5E73A409
The more i see stuff like this, the more i facepalm on the decision of Ricciardo to leave RBR for Renault.
Yes, we had an exciting season with Verstappen, and Albon impressed very much,
but nevertheless, it would have been spectacular to see DannyRic and Max another year together and i'm
sure Danny would have brought in much more points for the team. But hey, that's not how it went down.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

izzy

Manoah2u wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 15:13
The more i see stuff like this, the more i facepalm on the decision of Ricciardo to leave RBR for Renault.
but nevertheless, it would have been spectacular to see DannyRic and Max another year together and i'm
sure Danny would have brought in much more points for the team. But hey, that's not how it went down.
it's a perfect example of what happens when a team runs a No1/No2 driver really: they just end up with a very slow/junior driver in the second car. Once Danny found he was being blamed 50% for Baku he was always going to be looking for somewhere else. It's a weird culture problem that Red Bull have, as they do let them race, but they do end up with this 1/2 thing, showering love on one driver and not the other

Wouter

Manoah2u wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 15:13
Totally agree with you.
Ricciardo thought it was terrible that Max was getting better and faster and he could not stand it any longer.
He did not see himself becoming a world champion at RBR.
I think he now hopes he can go to Ferrari if Vettel stops, to become a World Champion at Ferrari.
The Power of Dreams!

Bill

I don't help if the team explicitly says they want to make Max the youngest world championship in f1 history .it's pretty clear were focus is in terms of drivers preferences in car setup and development trajectory.

Manoah2u

Bill wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 17:21
I don't help if the team explicitly says they want to make Max the youngest world championship in f1 history .it's pretty clear were focus is in terms of drivers preferences in car setup and development trajectory.
There's a lot to put in defense for Daniel and claim stuff, pointing out the 'obvious'.
But the thing is, all that happened in 2019 @ RedBull happened in absence of Daniel.
We have no true idea of how it would have been had he stayed.

Sure, they want to make Max the youngest WDC ever. That doesn't bode well for Daniel's prospects, true.
I'd say all the more reason for Danny then to beat Max and prove them otherwise in the same team.

But even then, let's look at the truth: where is he now then? which WDC prospects are in his lap now?
ZERO. If he stayed at RBR a year more, i'd be inclined to say he would have shown his worth another season.

Now, he is almost totally off the radar, which is never a good thing.
And now, he finds himself for 2020 in a far worse condition:
NO WDC or winning capable vehicle at all, a team once again reconfiguring itself because of bad results,
and his new teammate won't be a washed-up, dried-out, unmotivated grey driver like the Hulk was,
but Esteban Ocon, a Mercedes protogé, a young gun which was claimed before that is 'the next thing',
with lots of money and sponsors to back him, an excentric, outspoken and explosive driver,
and above all, a french driver that has found himself a way into a french team with a
french team principal who loves all that is french so much that i'm pretty sure he has
bedsheets with a napoleon print on it and the french flag as pillows. Well, i'm pretty sure i'm exegerating there,
but the point is, Ocon will be welcomed at Renault with open arms and eyes are aimed much more at
Ocon for 2020 than they will be at Daniel for 2020.

What doesn't help is that ocon has been 'out' of the game for a year, so if Ocon manages to beat experienced
Ricciardo, that will be measured out in great exegeration and will be really bad for Daniel.

Much, much worse actually, then it would ever have been if/when/how Max would have beaten
Daniel in any way whatsoever.

Daniel thus has put himself in a dire situation really.
It could have been great, sure. IF the Honda combo didn't work, and if Renault proved to be competitive,
like they surely will have claimed lured and/or lied Daniel with when deciding to go for the yellow and black.
If the car would have been competitive and he would have beaten Max in a RB whilst driving a Renault,
sure, that would have been worthwile and gold.

Instead, he finds himself in a struggeling team (performance wise), had a bit of a hard time adapting,
is batteling TORRO ROSSO instead of RedBull, with little to no believable progress for 2020, all along whilst
being a driver with a very big paycheck, so if Renault finds Ocon to be as good or perhaps performing
even better than Daniel, it'll be over real soon with the 'fun', which, in the end, really wasn't there at all.
Cyril is a hole with the letter a in front of it and will throw DannyRic under the bus, in the mud, and sling
monkey material in his general direction the moment he sees it fit.

So really, Daniel absolutely needs to beat Ocon in all aspects for 2020 to keep his worth and game up.
Only then will he have a chance for a Ferrari or Mercedes seat.

If he gets beaten by Esteban Ocon.....well, it's bye bye to the Mercedes seat, and he loses credibility to grab
himself a Ferrari seat as well as the paycheck he can demand or sign up for. Not to forget, that he probably
can also kiss himself that Renault seat goodbye aswell as they'll opt for someone much cheaper right away.

Daniel really put himself in a very, very difficult situation and he did it all himself, and it was far from neccesary.
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

lio007

Manoah2u wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 20:51
Bill wrote:
There's a lot to put in defense for Daniel and claim stuff, pointing out the 'obvious'.
But the thing is, all that happened in 2019 @ RedBull happened in absence of Daniel.

Sure, they want to make Max the youngest WDC ever. That doesn't bode well for Daniel's prospects, true.
I'd say all the more reason for Danny then to beat Max and prove them otherwise in the same team.

But even then, let's look at the truth: where is he now then? which WDC prospects are in his lap now?
ZERO. If he stayed at RBR a year more, i'd be inclined to say he would have shown his worth another season.

NO WDC or winning capable vehicle at all, a team once again reconfiguring itself because of bad results,
and his new teammate won't be a washed-up, dried-out, unmotivated grey driver like the Hulk was,
but Esteban Ocon, a Mercedes protogé, a young gun which was claimed before that is 'the next thing',
with lots of money and sponsors to back him, an excentric, outspoken and explosive driver,
and above all, a french driver that has found himself a way into a french team with a
french team principal who loves all that is french so much that i'm pretty sure he has
bedsheets with a napoleon print on it and the french flag as pillows. Well, i'm pretty sure i'm exegerating there,
but the point is, Ocon will be welcomed at Renault with open arms and eyes are aimed much more at

What doesn't help is that ocon has been 'out' of the game for a year, so if Ocon manages to beat experienced
Ricciardo, that will be measured out in great exegeration and will be really bad for Daniel.

Much, much worse actually, then it would ever have been if/when/how Max would have beaten

It could have been great, sure. IF the Honda combo didn't work, and if Renault proved to be competitive,
like they surely will have claimed lured and/or lied Daniel with when deciding to go for the yellow and black.
If the car would have been competitive and he would have beaten Max in a RB whilst driving a Renault,

Instead, he finds himself in a struggeling team (performance wise), had a bit of a hard time adapting,
is batteling TORRO ROSSO instead of RedBull, with little to no believable progress for 2020, all along whilst
being a driver with a very big paycheck, so if Renault finds Ocon to be as good or perhaps performing
even better than Daniel, it'll be over real soon with the 'fun', which, in the end, really wasn't there at all.
Cyril is a hole with the letter a in front of it and will throw DannyRic under the bus, in the mud, and sling

So really, Daniel absolutely needs to beat Ocon in all aspects for 2020 to keep his worth and game up.

If he gets beaten by Esteban Ocon.....well, it's bye bye to the Mercedes seat, and he loses credibility to grab
himself a Ferrari seat as well as the paycheck he can demand or sign up for. Not to forget, that he probably
can also kiss himself that Renault seat goodbye aswell as they'll opt for someone much cheaper right away.

Daniel really put himself in a very, very difficult situation and he did it all himself, and it was far from neccesary.
Sums it up pretty well!

Wouter

Manoah2u wrote:

bedsheets with a napoleon print on it and the french flag as pillows. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Much, much worse actually, then it would ever have been if/when/how Max would have beaten Daniel
in any way whatsoever.

Exactly!!
The Power of Dreams!

Big Tea

Manoah2u wrote:
Bill wrote:

You are right of course, but sometimes drivers (well. everyone really) have to just walk because of how things are.
Sometimes there is just no list of things wrong, just a combination or unspecified feelings and you know next year will be hell. He did the right thing in collecting cash, so if he is out of a job he will not have to sign on, but as you say, it could hardly have been a worse time.
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

ispano6

kaepernickus wrote:
07 Dec 2019, 12:12
ispano6 wrote:
05 Dec 2019, 17:21
...Brands like Landover and McLaren have survived by adding affordable entry level models even well-doing middleclassers can afford. Would not be surprised if one came out before the company folds. ...
The cheapest Aston Martin Vantage starts at around 160.000$, while the most affordable McLaren 570S (not considering the 540C for the chinese market, which would be around the Vantage price tag) starts at around 190.000$. Furthermore Aston now even have the DBX for the in demand SUV market.
So I don't think their model range or their prices are the problem in hand.
True, it's not in the unattainable league but the lack of dealership and service presence as well as a seemingly expensive maintenance perception makes them less desirable, not to mention the horrible fuel efficiency associated with such vehicles. I wouldn't have a problem with Acuras if they looked more prestigious like Landrovers and Aston Martin's. I probably would buy a Landrover if it had an MDX or Pilot drivertrain underneath. It would be interesting if Acura got involved in F1 and partnered with the sister team, a team like Alpha Tauri Acura has a nice ring to in and could show nicely alongside each other.

Wouter

Big interview with Max Verstappen.

Autocar meets... Max Verstappen.
by Kris Culmer 11 December 2019

Max Verstappen was only 17 when he debuted in Formula 1. Now he’s ready to win a world championship.
We sit down with the Dutchman

Have you achieved what you wanted to this year?
Where do you draw the line between respect for other drivers and achieving results?
Are you honest when you speak to the media?
How deep is your rivalry with Charles Leclerc?
…Okay, but how do you see in general Lewis, Charles and Sebastian Vettel?
And many more all kind of questions for Max.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/moto ... verstappen
The Power of Dreams!

Capharol

just another "he said, I said" article which no one can confirm or deny .... a so called click & bait

Bill

It's a great article a comprehensive interview.1st hand information from Gasly himself of what happened at Redbull.its important to get the facts straight so ignorants doesn't make and spout their own nonsense.

ispano6

Albon is a boss! He's shown he can walk the walk, and talk the talk!