Considering that we have few time, that I would like to have LDVH and Machin as partecipants (if they have time obviously) and that I would like to keep using their fantastic software as we did in MVRC, I decided to open this thread, so I can communicate to everyone some basic data (and later to share the car templates), in order to avoid giving anyone advantages.
So,the car will have this specifications:
- Wheelbase 2600mm
- Overall width front: 1800mm
- Overall width rear: 1780mm
- Rolling radius front wheels = 320mm
- Rolling radius rearwheels = 320mm
- Rear and front wheels have the same diameter and about the same deformed shape, measures changes a bit because they have different camber angles, you can consider the rear wheels center aligned with the front wheels center, except for the wheelbase (2600mm): given the front wheels center in (0,0,0), the rear wheels center is: (2600,0,0)
- Rake: there will be more freedom about the foor, only the central part (the "step") will have a detailed template (and not in the gearbox area), so it think that the rake can be set to 0°, without any option to modify it
- Center of mass (measured from the front wheels axle): 1560mm (to be confirmed)
- F3 tyres (a bit more than needed, but aesthetically pleasing
- Many feature in common with F1000 cars (especially the fantastic Griiip G1), but with simplifications and differences in order to have a symmetrical CFD model
- 250 HP
- ... (please Richard let me know what do you need to know to simulate the car into Virtual Stop Watch)
- F1 2021 ground effect floor (it may look flat in the prliminary images, but it is not)
- HX simulations, cooling flow around 1m^3/s (to be confirmed)
- Both front and rear wings will be limited to a double closed profile in any longitudinal section ( = two airfoils).
[+] Engine inlet/outlet simulation
- Minimum required pressure resultant on brakes ducts (as we did about cooling inlets in the KVRC old races), 0MPa (to be confirmed)
- Weight 475kg (to be confirmed)
LDVH and Machin: if you are interested to allow the use of demo dedicated versions of MFlow and VSW, I will consider you as technical sponsor (with logos on any official web page I will dedicate to the race): let me know on this thread which data do you need.
Now some bad news.
I have the possibility to process a small number of cars, so I will have to limit the partecipants to 10. In case more team would be interested, I will prepare a list assigning:
1) Points starting from 20 and decreasing by one for each position for the teams in the final chart of MVRC2019 (ex. Koldskaal 19 points, Variante 18 points, ...)
2) Points starting from 10 and decreasing by one considering the request to partecipate, you can write in this thread (sorry, for simplicity I will not consider the interest shown in the other thread, could you confirm here?)
3) 15 points for the technical sponsors (by the way, an HPC sponsor would be welcome)
In case you will not be in the first 10 places of the list you will be qualified for the race in case of a withdrawal or disqualification after the geometry check I will do in February, before the CFD simulations.
Subsmission of STEP files will be preferred, but I will accept STL provided that they are ready to be meshed (more information will be provided).
In case the organization is late, priority will be given to the calendar of the next edition of the MVRC
Thanks to all for your interest! There are two very preliminary images of the template.