Red Bull RB16 Speculation Thread

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
HPD

Re: Red Bull RB16 Speculation Thread

AMG.Tzan wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 14:10
We are just saying that in order to mount a successful attack on Mercedes and Ferrari in 2020, they have to make their engines last about 7 races!
Are you sure? I think Mercedes would still be champion using 5 PU.
I think RB Honda can be champion using 5 PU.
Finishing twice in 6th place is not bad for the championship fight. If it gives you the power to fight for victories in the other tracks.
AMG.Tzan wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 14:10
As i said above 2019 was a development year for Red Bull Honda so it doesn't take me by surprise that they used 5 engines as they pointed out themselves from the start of the season! But the question is: can they last more?? We don't know...only THEY know!
Totally agree.

Just_a_fan

HPD wrote:
12 Dec 2019, 17:25

Finishing twice in 6th place is not bad for the championship fight. If it gives you the power to fight for victories in the other tracks.
Probably depends on whether you're fighting one other team or two/three teams for the title. If you're fighting just one very strong team, a couple of 6th place finishes could be enough to lose the title.
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

lio007

Right now is "Sport and Talk" on RB-owned ServusTV with Max and Dr. Marko. HM said they are 2 weeks ahead of schedule and they have planned now 4 weeks on their VTT (tests up to 330km/h, to sort out mapping issues,...) he specifically mentioned they are excited about the concept for next year.

And a bit OT: Marko met with Max' manager in Brazil and Abu Dhabi to talk about the contract. And right now "all is positive" according to Max and Helmut Marko.

izzy

lio007 wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 22:58
Right now is "Sport and Talk" on RB-owned ServusTV with Max and Dr. Marko. HM said they are 2 weeks ahead of schedule and they have planned now 4 weeks on their VTT (tests up to 330km/h, to sort out mapping issues,...) he specifically mentioned they are excited about the concept for next year.

And a bit OT: Marko met with Max' manager in Brazil and Abu Dhabi to talk about the contract. And right now "all is positive" according to Max and Helmut Marko.
so is the VTT the Honda dyno in Milton Keynes as well as the RBR chassis dynamometer and the simulator, all connected together?

I'm expecting them to be right up there next year, anyway. Everybody will have improved, fixed this year's issues, and it's going to be close. Max and Charles will be more consistent, i won't be surprised if they and Lewis win 6 races each...

lio007

izzy wrote:
16 Dec 2019, 23:33
lio007 wrote:

so is the VTT the Honda dyno in Milton Keynes as well as the RBR chassis dynamometer and the simulator, all connected together?

I'm expecting them to be right up there next year, anyway. Everybody will have improved, fixed this year's issues, and it's going to be close. Max and Charles will be more consistent, i won't be surprised if they and Lewis win 6 races each...
AFAIK when they talk about the VTT it's the one from RBR installed in building 9 where the chassis is connected to the simulator.

Wouter

lio007 wrote:

Thanks for this information. Can this program be seen somewhere? Maybe on YT?
Can you name a few more things that have been discussed? Everything is welcome.
The Power of Dreams!

seense

izzy wrote:
lio007 wrote:

Virtual Test Track: This AVL manufactured piece of kit has the sole purpose of harmonising the marriage of chassis and engine, to an optimum performance capabilities.

https://thejudge13.com/2016/07/26/red-b ... aying-off/

El Scorchio

lio007 wrote:

I'd be pretty surprised if a Red Bull owned media outlet said anything but non stop positive news....

izzy

seense wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 11:50
Virtual Test Track: This AVL manufactured piece of kit has the sole purpose of harmonising the marriage of chassis and engine, to an optimum performance capabilities.

https://thejudge13.com/2016/07/26/red-b ... aying-off/
Yes tho that doesn't really tell us anything tbh. There's a much more in depth one about it by Matt Somerfield but even that's 3+ years out of date now, and meanwhile Honda have moved in just down the street so I'm curious what they can do now.

It was their MK dyno they were using to fix their oscillation problem wasn't it, so it must be quite good

edit the Somers article is here: http://www.somersf1.co.uk/2016/10/the-t ... sting.html
Last edited by izzy on 17 Dec 2019, 14:34, edited 1 time in total.

lio007

Wouter wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 10:01
lio007 wrote:

I haven't seen it from the beginning, it was not only about F1 but , motorsport in general, i.e. MotoGP (Lorenzo was there as well) and Niki Lauda (his son was there as well) and Max and Dr. Marko. Maybe I'll review the other day and keep you posted, if there is anything needed to be mentioned.

It can be reviewed here, but maybe it's geolocked, here in Austria it's working fine:
https://www.servus.com/tv/videos/aa-1x3bb5km11w12/

lio007

El Scorchio wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 12:10
lio007 wrote:

I'd be pretty surprised if a Red Bull owned media outlet said anything but non stop positive news....
But Helmut Marko also pointed out, they have to deliver now (from the chassis side) which can be translated into "they don't have any excuses left, the car has to perform from the get go"

Wouter

lio007 wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 14:28
Wouter wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 10:01
lio007 wrote:
Right now is "Sport and Talk" on RB-owned ServusTV with Max and Dr. Marko.
I haven't seen it from the beginning. Maybe I'll review the other day and keep you posted,
if there is anything needed to be mentioned.

It can be reviewed here, but maybe it's geolocked, here in Austria it's working fine:
https://www.servus.com/tv/videos/aa-1x3bb5km11w12/
I really appreciate it if you would like to do that @ Lio007.
I checked on this site last night right after your message, but there is indeed a geo block on it.
The Power of Dreams!

godlameroso

izzy wrote:
lio007 wrote:

Who wins the other 4? Bottas and Vettel?
Saishū kōnā

etusch

godlameroso wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 20:24
izzy wrote:
lio007 wrote:

What about Albon :shock: :o

godlameroso

etusch wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 22:17
godlameroso wrote:
17 Dec 2019, 20:24
izzy wrote:

What about Albon :shock: :o
I'd love to see that, or a Red Bull 1-2. That would be huge for the WCC.
Saishū kōnā