[ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jambier

Re: [ 2020 ] Mclaren F1 Team - Renault

But they’re rumors that Mercedes after being conservative the last two years had made great progress this year

So let’s see... I think they will fight for best engine with Ferrari

And I think it will let Honda and Renault a bit more distant than 2019

ThePapayaJaguar

RonDennis wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 23:41
ThePapayaJaguar wrote:
04 Feb 2020, 23:30
Mercedes still finding gains on the PU side! Most of us were thinking that they would plateau. Looks good for McLaren in 2021.

https://twitter.com/MercedesAMGF1/statu ... 6821752834
Well, it's not like the others are sitting still.
Of course not, but with the current regs and the amount of time they've been stable, most of us were expecting PU development to plateau.

ThePapayaJaguar

Jambier wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 00:22
But they’re rumors that Mercedes after being conservative the last two years had made great progress this year

Yeah, read an article just now saying that Mercedes were conservative with their PU these last couple of years. Let's see what they come up with.

GhostF1

Jambier wrote:

Hardly believe they've been conservative over the last few years. There is zero point to that. And interesting you say, any articles you could show mentioning Merc were running intentionally conservative for years or that they'll have big gains this year? Because the biggest rumour I've seen was actually Honda to of had a particularly strong winter development.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1-ne ... -for-2020/

And i'm sure Renault have 1200hp now, far surpassing Ferrari.

_cerber1

Ground Effect

Correct me if my wrong, but I’m assuming that on the partner page McLaren list them in order of importance/worth? Interesting to see Darktrace occupies nbr 3. Also their branding will appear on the rear wing. On the 34 Huski was at the back and Dell Technologies was at the front.
Q: (Stefano Mancini – La Stampa) Kimi, will you help Vettel to win his championship this year?
Kimi Raikkonen: I can only drive one car, obviously. 
@2018 Singapore Grand Prix drivers press conference.

Jambier

GhostF1 wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 02:39
Jambier wrote:

Hardly believe they've been conservative over the last few years. There is zero point to that. And interesting you say, any articles you could show mentioning Merc were running intentionally conservative for years or that they'll have big gains this year? Because the biggest rumour I've seen was actually Honda to of had a particularly strong winter development.

https://www.essentiallysports.com/f1-ne ... -for-2020/

And i'm sure Renault have 1200hp now, far surpassing Ferrari.
Wolff declared last year that they understood and copy Ferrari solution for 2020
In Abu Dhabi 2019 final race they had already tested 2020 engine on Bottas

Rumors says that there is a big gain on Mercedes side to match Ferrari

On Honda side, let's see. Tanabe himself said that SPEC 4 was a very big gap, hence SPEC 1 2020 will be less progress.
And keep in mind also that Honda may try.... to use 3 engines this year if they want to fight for the title.

cbbcisace

Ground Effect wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 17:17
Correct me if my wrong, but I’m assuming that on the partner page McLaren list them in order of importance/worth? Interesting to see Darktrace occupies nbr 3. Also their branding will appear on the rear wing. On the 34 Huski was at the back and Dell Technologies was at the front.
I wonder if one of Dell or Huski will move? Also do we think there will be anymore announcements sponsor wise before launch?

90feet

Ground Effect wrote:
You are correct but I do recall one of their recent sponsors (Mindmaze, maybe) originally being listed 2nd when they were announced before being moved down the order.

Macklaren

90feet wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 22:31
Ground Effect wrote:
You are correct but I do recall one of their recent sponsors (Mindmaze, maybe) originally being listed 2nd when they were announced before being moved down the order.
The Darktrace name has me fantasizing...hoping for a 3 sequential color livery...papaya from the nose until the cockpit, a blue band in the middle and sinister black in the back from the engine cover to the rear wing. will be pretty cool I think. Too bad I cant make concept liveries like some of the wizards around...

LM10

ThePapayaJaguar wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 02:26
Jambier wrote:

Yeah, read an article just now saying that Mercedes were conservative with their PU these last couple of years. Let's see what they come up with.
Mercedes were deliberately conservative with their PU.. just because.. sure. :)

ScottR267

Ground Effect wrote:
Zak has done a very good job filling the team and car with sponsors...something Ron struggled to do! Surely there is no room left on the car for further sponsors however?

Big Tea

ScottR267 wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 23:39
Ground Effect wrote:
Zak has done a very good job filling the team and car with sponsors...something Ron struggled to do! Surely there is no room left on the car for further sponsors however?
Some sponsors would prefer the 'name' to be displayed on the driver, providing the driver appears on the podium or TV.
Both drivers seem t get quite a lot of air time, so may not be a problem
When arguing with a fool, be sure the other person is not doing the same thing.

bauc

ScottR267 wrote:
05 Feb 2020, 23:39
Ground Effect wrote:
Which era of Ron's rule? There were few....

I remember the days when Mclaren was under Ron's leadership and there was no place on the car for a small sticker.
They had the biggest sponsors for 2-3 decades (From Senna days with Marlboro to end of Mclaren Mercedes era with Vodafone)

*Note - After Stepnigate Martin Witmarsh tookover the role but the sponors were more or less in place with multiyear deals
Формула 1 на Македонски - The first ever Macedonian Formula 1 YouTube channel
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJkjCv ... 6rVRgKASwg