Ferrari SF1000

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
LM10

Re: Ferrari SF1000

godlameroso wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 22:12
Wastegates?
Single on top, like last year.

LM10

I can't take my eyes off the packaging. It's amazing how tight it is and it just looks crazy in particular combined with that small airbox.

falonso81

Many changes that are already visible and i suspect a lot more underneath that engine cover. As many said before and i believe also that the front wing and nose are just last years mock up and will be gone for sure at the second test if not the first. The car looks fast, now off to testing to see how it behaves on track.

PlatinumZealot

So simplified side pod intake is surprising! I feel it had more to do with helping packaging further downstream. So it seems other teams in copying Ferrari's design actually found out its weakpoints. Fresh eyes.

The front section of the bargeboard resembles MacLaren.

Overall i like it. Mattia sounds very confident. I am actually worried now Ferrari will be a real threat to the end of the season.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

the EDGE

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF91?? Speculation Thread

Is it usual for the pull-rods not to line up, or is that an error on the rendering... or maybe something ‘special’

Mansell89

That rake got my attention.

Is this a radical change in ideas centred around downforce? Or simply a refinement?

I think the former but let’s see!

TimmTurbo

Mansell89 wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 23:02
That rake got my attention.

Is this a radical change in ideas centred around downforce? Or simply a refinement?

I think the former but let’s see!

I doubt that you can see the rake which the car will eventually have on the track by looking at those launch pictures... We will see.

I just heard that the implementation of the RB type high rake design is kind of a huge effort. Sealing the floor is one of many challenges they said

Nano4k

seems to be a 2020 nose. longer tip of the nose, the holes left and right from the tip are bigger.

so there will be no different nose in 2020, maybe.

Motörhead

For me, It looks really under-developed. It’s clear, that this representation of their latest challenger will not be what we will finally see, in the last two days of testing.
However, you can only go so far in hiding what the final car will look like. Obviously, the Chassis, Engine intake, side-pods and rear coke you cannot hide. Really impressed with the rear packaging by the way but that’s the only thing that ‘leaps out’.
The Forward floor/Bargeboard area looks under-developed and one must assume that there’s more to come. I’m surprised that they haven’t maxed out on the FWD top wishbone outboard pickup. They seem to be going in the other direction, compared to most teams.
My first reaction was, wow, they must be really concentrating on 2021! But we shall see....
I really hope not. F1 needs Ferrari to challenge Mercedes and Leclerc is the future. Let’s hope we have a tough fight at the top.

NutritionFact

Are the "viking horns" in cause with the small airbox and the legalitybox.?

Btw:

Vettel said in the interview, that they found some "clever solutions".

Binotto in interview, extreme solutions everywhere, much tighter with gearbox-pu-cooling-electric , more flexy suspension for much better set-up, less weight for more ballast, they want to maximize downforce.

Source formel1.de interview Vettel and binotto

Sounds for me they to the same like RB @ 13-14-15, Max downforce low high speed - fast corners, I would call it an extreme solution if I change my concept 180°.

Rb win titles running this concept and we know they had not the 2nd best pu..

"In my time the Pit babe was there instead of the telemetry."
Gerhard Berger

MtthsMlw

Re: Scuderia Ferrari SF91?? Speculation Thread

the EDGE wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 22:56
Is it usual for the pull-rods not to line up, or is that an error on the rendering... or maybe something ‘special’
What do you mean? There are no pull-rods on the front suspension.
You mean the track rod that is now separated from the upper wishbone?

F1Krof

It's kind of ironic. When everybody came full circle to 'normal' sidepods, Mercedes is going for higher ones :lol: :lol: :lol:
Wroom wroom

Holm86

Scarbs take on the SF1000

Owen.C93

I wouldn't look too much into the rake. Sometimes it's jacked up for the press photos, and half the time the show cars are missing an engine to weigh it down.
Last edited by Owen.C93 on 12 Feb 2020, 19:20, edited 1 time in total.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

wowgr8

F1Krof wrote:
11 Feb 2020, 23:48
It's kind of ironic. When everybody came full circle to 'normal' sidepods, Mercedes is going for higher ones :lol: :lol: :lol:
Everyone else is still using the higher sidepods as far as we know