Ferrari SF1000

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter does not belong here.
blowndiffusor
blowndiffusor
0
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 2:29 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Something I noticed during the launch event… Is there some duct at the underside of the halo?

Image

User avatar
Holm86
224
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

jumpingfish wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:55 am
I hope they will not have problems with cooling :o

https://www.formulapassion.it/wp-conten ... 1000_1.jpg
How legit is this??

wesley123
wesley123
228
Joined: Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:55 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Are those mirrors legal? It's connection to the cockpit now connects to the element around the mirror instead of the mirror itself like it was previously the case. I thought what allowed this element was that it was a support for the rear view mirror, how is it a support now?
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Gilles27Kimi7
Gilles27Kimi7
13
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post


User avatar
jumpingfish
39
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:19 pm
Location: Ru

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:17 am
jumpingfish wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:55 am
I hope they will not have problems with cooling :o

https://www.formulapassion.it/wp-conten ... 1000_1.jpg
How legit is this??
I think it's legal, many people noticed shrinked SF1000 body, idk, it's from here

https://www.formulapassion.it/manifesto ... 80200.html

User avatar
Holm86
224
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:37 am
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

jumpingfish wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:25 am
Holm86 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:17 am
jumpingfish wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:55 am
I hope they will not have problems with cooling :o

https://www.formulapassion.it/wp-conten ... 1000_1.jpg
How legit is this??
I think it's legal, many people noticed shrinked SF1000 body, idk, it's from here

https://www.formulapassion.it/manifesto ... 80200.html
Didn't mean if it was legal :-)
Just meant how sure can we be that this is correlating with the real cars

User avatar
jjn9128
344
Joined: Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

blowndiffusor wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 am
Something I noticed during the launch event… Is there some duct at the underside of the halo?

https://i.imgur.com/8QoVuk0.jpg
That's the FIA slow-mo cockpit crash camera.
#aerogandalf
"There is one big friend. It is downforce. And once you have this it’s a big mate and it’s helping a lot." Robert Kubica

Gilles27Kimi7
Gilles27Kimi7
13
Joined: Fri Feb 12, 2016 6:13 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Holm86 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:28 am
jumpingfish wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:25 am
Holm86 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 9:17 am


How legit is this??
I think it's legal, many people noticed shrinked SF1000 body, idk, it's from here

https://www.formulapassion.it/manifesto ... 80200.html
Didn't mean if it was legal :-)
Just meant how sure can we be that this is correlating with the real cars
I chatted with the author today, and joked about stealing the CAD files. It's a simulation, like a 3D Drawing. Accurate at least in general shape.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan
603
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:37 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

jjn9128 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:00 am
blowndiffusor wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 am
Something I noticed during the launch event… Is there some duct at the underside of the halo?

https://i.imgur.com/8QoVuk0.jpg
That's the FIA slow-mo cockpit crash camera.
Is that so they can see exactly what the head was doing during a crash?
Turbo says "Dumpster sounds so much more classy. It's the diamond of the cesspools." oh, and "The Dutch fans are drunk. Maybe"

timbo
timbo
118
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:14 am

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Just_a_fan wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:20 am
jjn9128 wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 10:00 am
blowndiffusor wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 8:56 am
Something I noticed during the launch event… Is there some duct at the underside of the halo?

https://i.imgur.com/8QoVuk0.jpg
That's the FIA slow-mo cockpit crash camera.
Is that so they can see exactly what the head was doing during a crash?
"For the purpose of accident analysis, each car must be fitted with a high speed camera which has been manufactured by the FIA designated supplier to a specification determined by the FIA.
"This should be fitted to the car during each event and all tests which are attended by more than one team, teams must use their best endeavours to ensure that it is in working order at all times.

User avatar
Morteza
2193
Joined: Wed Feb 10, 2010 5:23 pm
Location: Bushehr, Iran

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image
Via @NicolasF1i
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

User avatar
MtthsMlw
807
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 5:38 pm
Location: Germany

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Impression job at the packaging front, combining their own and Red Bulls concept. I wonder how they didn't that, can't wait for some shots with the cover off.

User avatar
izzy
69
Joined: Sun May 26, 2019 9:28 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

wow convergence rules!! it's going to be close...

mantaque
mantaque
6
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:56 pm

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

Looking at the wheel rims, I think they really worked to put those on the diet, removing the mass mostly from the center and somehow elongated the single arm. I guess they save a good couple of grams there of unsprung mass (which is always for the better).

dfegan358
dfegan358
-2
Joined: Tue May 29, 2018 1:16 am

Re: Ferrari SF1000

Post

has the rake increased?
like to look of this car, be interesting to see what changes come testing.