Red Bull RB16

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
godlameroso

Re: Red Bull RB16

Front wing seems to be a hybrid version, not completely tapered like Sauber's but not full loaded like early RB15, it has a little gurney flap :)
Saishū kōnā

Morteza

Via @NicolasF1i
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

Jambier

That Red Bull and the Ferrari... seemed like 2019 one at first look, but what a fantastic job in optimization it seems!

i70q7m7ghw

Interesting to see both Red Bull and Ferrari slowly converging on the Mercedes design philosophy of the last few seasons. The 2020 cars are all going to look very similar indeed.

Maplesoup

Diesel wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 01:53
Interesting to see both Red Bull and Ferrari slowly converging on the Mercedes design philosophy of the last few seasons. The 2020 cars are all going to look very similar indeed.
Apart from the fact that the Ferrari and red bull look nothing alike this year....

Also mercedes run less rake and have a long car, but looks like Ferrari and red bull have stuck with the a high rake design.

seezung

Side by side;

Crazy work on the wishbones and bargeboard area. Still trimmed down at the top as well ( see behind the halo ), and the fact that you can clearly see the backwheels (although photos might be a slightly different angle).Even tinier sidepots, BIG brake ducts. Just looks mean if you ask me.

dxpetrov

Agree. Haven't seen so much attention to detail from RB lately. I think this car will kick some ass this year!

F1NAC

seezung wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 09:28
Side by side;

Crazy work on the wishbones and bargeboard area. Still trimmed down at the top as well ( see behind the halo ), and the fact that you can clearly see the backwheels (although photos might be a slightly different angle).Even tinier sidepots, BIG brake ducts. Just looks mean if you ask me.

https://i.imgur.com/2nsjLyu.jpg
to me it looks wider just after the sidepods inlet, but slimmer at the outlets

Holm86

Diesel wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 01:53
What exactly is it you mean they are taking from the Mercedes philosophy?

Front wing are another concept on the Mercedes
Sidepods are another contept on the Mercedes (until this year it seems)
Rake are another concept on the Mercedes

Only thing I can see the RB took from the Mercedes are the slim nose

IvailoStefanovBG

RB 16 looks like excellent devolepment on a solid base from 2019. All weak spots are reworked. On a first sight alot like RB15 but if you go in detail - so much work have been done...Very good looking and refined car!

kfrantzios

seezung wrote:
Side by side;

well... if you compare it to the abu dhabi spec of RB15, i dont see any major difference in the bargeboard section. That is why, as i posted before, i think that the bargeboard area will be much more refined come Merlbourne.
Abu Dhabi RB15:

Bandit1216

Is the steering rod inside the front-part lower wishbone? I can't see a separate steering rod.
But just suppose it weren't hypothetical.

GhostF1

Engine air intake is also slightly smaller.

Maplesoup

kfrantzios wrote:
13 Feb 2020, 13:21
seezung wrote:
Side by side;

well... if you compare it to the abu dhabi spec of RB15, i dont see any major difference in the bargeboard section. That is why, as i posted before, i think that the bargeboard area will be much more refined come Merlbourne.
Abu Dhabi RB15:
https://i.imgur.com/EknhvSI.jpg
But weren't red bull the innovator in this area last year with the boomerangs. Now looks like everyone has them.

So would make sense for the bargeboards to of changed less seeing as they might of been a strength of the aero package.

gandharva

30 second attempt of a side by side. Rather meh, but better than nothing...