General Honda F1 Topic

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
HPD

Re: General Honda F1 Topic

Nico Rosberg said a few days ago, the rumor heard is that Honda is producing more power than Mercedes. And I was very excited to see the new season.

etusch

Marti_EF3 wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 10:20
From the test point of view, you can only see if that car handle well and have good mechanical grip on S3. But I'm sure the top teams will be doing unideal lines to mask the times. We will see and I'll keep you updated as far I can
Teams will try to hide things but it may be in a way that allows engineers to derive calculations about their car's real ability. So I don't know anything other than fuel load.
Maybe fuel load also can be estimated with good cameras by looking tyres conditions to see loads on tyres at pit exit, if journalists work on that. (I don't think teams will do that)

Bill

To be honest Honda was producing more power than Mercedes last year.you don't win a drag race against merc in Brazil by producing less power.Honda always have the fastest development rate of all pu manufacturers but coming up with new spec in 15 , 16 , 17 set them back so people never appreciated what a good work they were doing so if they overhaul merc it inevitable

Marti_EF3

Wouter wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 11:17
Marti_EF3 wrote:
From the test point of view, you can only see if that car handle well and have good mechanical grip on S3.
As far as I'm concerned, will you take a good look at that next week? RBR needs a better mechanical grip.
You see them all passing close by. Just keep us informed please, as usual. =D> Enjoy your days there Marti.
Yes, I'll be there all 3 days next week. Thanks god they now've opened the stands just in front of T1, so I'll be able to take good videos and info on braking zone too, and maybe see some of the PU power because that 1st sector is uphill. So it will be better this year. Info from 3rd sector and handling, and now braking stability and a bit of PU power on the uphill. So excited! [-o< =P~

jumpingfish

Marti_EF3 wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:21
Wouter wrote:
Marti_EF3 wrote:
From the test point of view, you can only see if that car handle well and have good mechanical grip on S3.
As far as I'm concerned, will you take a good look at that next week? RBR needs a better mechanical grip.
You see them all passing close by. Just keep us informed please, as usual. =D> Enjoy your days there Marti.
Yes, I'll be there all 3 days next week. Thanks god they now've opened the stands just in front of T1, so I'll be able to take good videos and info on braking zone too, and maybe see some of the PU power because that 1st sector is uphill. So it will be better this year. Info from 3rd sector and handling, and now braking stability and a bit of PU power on the uphill. So excited! [-o< =P~
It's cool with video! =D>
Hope youtube will not delete/block them

Marti_EF3

jumpingfish wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:25
Marti_EF3 wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:21
Wouter wrote:

It's cool with video! =D>
Hope youtube will not delete/block them
I can't do a direct. They block it. But I can upload specific videos on YouTube at afternoon when the test day is finished, like I did last year. Stay tuned! 8)

PlatinumZealot

Give the videos some unusual names and link them here. The Liberty hounds are searching for the typical titles like "winter testing 2020"
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

etusch

PlatinumZealot wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 15:20
Give the videos some unusual names and link them here. The Liberty hounds are searching for the typical titles like "winter testing 2020"
And an unrelated screen picture if it can be done with live stream. Good idea.

Wouter

Marti_EF3 wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 14:17
I can't do a direct. They block it. But I can upload specific videos on YouTube at afternoon when the test day is finished, like I did last year. Stay tuned! 8)
Great idea from @PlatinumZealot!

@Marti, you could place a picture of your beautiful red Honda car and as titel "My Honda car." on Youtube.
The Power of Dreams!

Capharol

Wouter wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 15:59
Marti_EF3 wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 14:17
Great idea from @PlatinumZealot!

@Marti, you could place a picture of your beautiful red Honda car and as titel "My Honda car." on Youtube.
or just a real Bull or cow and call it "my favorite farm" 😉

Marti_EF3

Nice ideas! Anyway, I want to do more specific videos on that car, on that point of the track, etc etc. So a direct won't fit with it. Maybe I will do a "small direct" for you guys (without comments I think :lol:) one hour during the afternoon. I just bought a 20k mAh power bank, so no problem :lol:

mzso

Bill wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:11
To be honest Honda was producing more power than Mercedes last year.you don't win a drag race against merc in Brazil by producing less power.
That's really overrated. Hamilton had damage, so reduced dowforce and they were in a turn/bend.

Juzh

Marti_EF3 wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 17:53
Nice ideas! Anyway, I want to do more specific videos on that car, on that point of the track, etc etc. So a direct won't fit with it. Maybe I will do a "small direct" for you guys (without comments I think :lol:) one hour during the afternoon. I just bought a 20k mAh power bank, so no problem :lol:
You can use https://streamable.com/ to avoid copyright takedowns. You should be safe as long as you don't get too high view counts (more than 10.000 usually).

Juzh

mzso wrote:
18 Feb 2020, 09:48
Bill wrote:
17 Feb 2020, 13:11
To be honest Honda was producing more power than Mercedes last year.you don't win a drag race against merc in Brazil by producing less power.
That's really overrated. Hamilton had damage, so reduced dowforce and they were in a turn/bend.
Hamilton had better tires and better exit from the last corner. He also had an inside line up the hill and thus had to cover less distance.
https://streamable.com/nsqsx

Bill

I am not overrating anything here a quote from Andy cowell “Honda are the best improvers this year, they’re way ahead of Ferrari in terms of development rate".
Anyway speaking about 2020 Honda had made big gains both in terms of power and reliability covering 5000km that 15 race distances if you don't take practice sections in account.
Mercedes on the other hand says it has been “tougher and tougher to find performance gains”. and they are reports of reliability issues.ferrari on the other side are expected to lose power after last year fia rule clarifications. So all in all Honda fans are very much looking forward to these season